Laughing City

Should Kurt Cobain deserve to be remembered for the *great* music he made or the fact that life got to much for him and he killed himself?!
his music?!
84%
 84%  [ 22 ]
his death?!
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 26

!!amy!!
Sea Post King

no body seems to talk about Kurt Cobain anymore!! if you think about it we have so much to thank him for!! coz of the music he made we now have great bands that people are willing to sign up and o play where as before Kurt Cobain and the 'grunge' era nobody would of dreamed of it. So yeah.. what if is life was a bit messed up and in the end it got to much for him... isn't everyones?... could you have coped with what he went through?? i no for a fact i couldn't!! so i think we should show a lot more appreciation for Kurt Cobain!! any one agree?! xxxx
crypticomnius
Golly, Poster

without cobain we still had soundgarden and everyone of the other bands from seattle at the time it might have been that cobain's band was the first to come...but i dont really think it would have changed too much considering so many other grunge bands followed suit all to quickly to really seem to be following anything.

and on the topic of his life...what did he have to go through...i personally dont know.

dont get me wrong...i have a lot of respect for kurt...but i guess different views of him.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

crypticomnius wrote:
and on the topic of his life...what did he have to go through...i personally dont know.

He came from a broken home. And he battled depression, chronic bronchitis, and intense physical pain due to an undiagnosed chronic stomach condition, it was so bad that he coughed up blood. So he medicated it with heroin.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

I think its really sad when the world is so bad for someone that they feel that they have to resort to killing themselves...but no one should be remembered badly because of the way someone died. Definitely remember the music
Paranoid Android v2.0
Vintage Newbie

Hero worship.

This is MYSPACE
Gee, Blog
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 | Posts: 4250 | Location: Up here in Connecticut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

I was never a fan of Kurt Cobain.
Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

just because someone doesn't talk about someone doesn't mean they don't appreciate that person.

one of my past girlfriends was obsessed with him. It didn't mean she talked about him all the time.

so why should I be told I should talk about him?

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
plentyofpages
Sea Post King

courtney killed him.

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

plentyofpages wrote:
courtney killed him.

Courtney was Billy's girlfriend before Kurt. Yes, I'm trying to make it sound more high school.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Paranoid Android v2.0 wrote:
Hero worship.

Yup.

Grunge would have happened without Nirvana; Kurt was just a convenient idol for a label to market to the unwitting masses. I respect that he had a rough life--no one should have to live in constant pain like that. But that doesn't make me like him or his music any more.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MoreOfTheSame
Vintage Newbie

Cobain was a decent pop songwriter, but his personal life was such a mess (combined with his family's history of depression and suicide) that an untimely death would've happened regardless of success/fame.

The real question from all of this though is whether or not Cobain and Nirvana would be so highly esteemed as they are now had he not passed when he did.
Joined: 02 Sep 2003 | Posts: 2455 | Location: Grapevine, TX
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

MoreOfTheSame wrote:
The real question from all of this though is whether or not Cobain and Nirvana would be so highly esteemed as they are now had he not passed when he did.

I considered them such even before his demise. I think people would be more inclined to say they like Nirvana had he not killed himself. But frankly, I don't care. The music wasn't made to make music snobs happy.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
The music wasn't made to make music snobs happy.

+1

i will always consider in utero to be one of the finest albums ever created
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

plentyofpages wrote:
courtney killed him.

yeah, I honestly don't think he killed himself, so...even more reason not to remember for him by the way he died.

GODBLESS

-Nicholas

LiKEMAGiCWHiTESKY
Sea Post King

http://www.ludd.luth.se/misc/nirvana/misc/suicide.html

Pantheon4 wrote:
It may be that way in England, but in America being Christian is the coolest! It's even bigger than emo!

crypticomnius wrote:
it seems like the favorite for everyone is the bananananananas...(sigh)...i never know how many nana's to put after ba Sad ... Laughing
Joined: 19 Apr 2006 | Posts: 93 | Location: Tied to a laptop (darn pixies...)

goto page
 | next >>