Laughing City

Should Kurt Cobain deserve to be remembered for the *great* music he made or the fact that life got to much for him and he killed himself?!
his music?!
84%
 84%  [ 22 ]
his death?!
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 26

ladiosadice
Lost at Forum

LiKEMAGiCWHiTESKY wrote:
http://www.ludd.luth.se/misc/nirvana/misc/suicide.html

I really don't mean to turn this thread into a suicide-or-murder debate, so I will just leave this link for you to make up your mind yourself.
http://www.justiceforkurt.com/
It makes some pretty interesting points.

And I swear in that moment we were infinite
BLOG l FLICKR
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

everytime some admittedly sad, drug-addicted musician dies, the conspiracy theories come out! elliot smith, anyone?
i'm not saying that foul play wasn't possible, but i think it's far more likely that it was suicide. which is extremely sad, but testifies to how little even fame means in the long run.

i really don't care for Nirvana, but that's just me. i was too young to know about them when they were making records, and now i just don't really care for that kind of music.

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
!!amy!!
Sea Post King

kurt cobain came froma broken home and had to cope with being kicked out and made homeless at the age of eighteen, the only way he could cope with it was drugs, he started them at eleven!! he obviously was a very troubled and misunderstood person!! when he settled down with Courteny you would have thought all of the depression would stop but he was put under so much stress by the media to make another album that he continued the drugs, he was forced in and out of rehab so many times but they could not help him, when him and Courteny split up he still loved her but she wouldn't visit him. Also she was in and out of rehab herself. Cobain couldn't see his daughter often and when he did it was only for a short space of time!! even though he was going through all of this he still managed to write songs and was 100% dedicated to his fans and the public. I think he deserves so much credit!! xxx

<< prev | goto page