Laughing City
Y4J
Golly, Poster

My favorite bands (Besides Eisley) range from SlipknoT to Lamb of God and I LOVE Eisley.

If you really aren't sure, just show her some songs that you think she'd like. I personally think you should show her (or anyone who is showing Eisley) a slow song because no matter what, USUALLY a beautifuly made slow song is noticed from any music goer. Memories is a slower song tha fits a lot of people I know. Or Head Against the Sky.

Check out my FLICKR and leave comments!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28644084@N00/
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 829 | Location: Manteca, California
oc325
Sea Post King

My top bands: Muse, Tool, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eisley

As you can see I'm like a big hard rock (not metal) fan but Eisley has a special place in my music
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

Grantticus wrote:
Eisley is for everyone.
If you don't like eisley, you are not welcome on this planet.
nor mars.

But Uranus will gladly accept you.
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

i think you should. everyone likes Trolleywood. i have my mom singing that. Laughing
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I've acutally found that a lot of heavy/hard/dark music fans (at least ones that aren't into it just for agression/depression reasons) are actually more receptive of Eisley than a lot of fans who listen to similar music.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
I've acutally found that a lot of heavy/hard/dark music fans (at least ones that aren't into it just for agression/depression reasons) are actually more receptive of Eisley than a lot of fans who listen to similar music.

incidentally, do you think that's part of the reasoning why Eisley has toured with quite a few hardcore bands (NFG, Reggie, Taking Back Sunday...). Because they're fans. They can dig the music... ?

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
norad
Vintage Newbie

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

incidentally, do you think that's part of the reasoning why Eisley has toured with quite a few hardcore bands (NFG, Reggie, Taking Back Sunday...). Because they're fans. They can dig the music... ?

those bands you listed are not hardcore.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

well, more hardcore. Rolling Eyes

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

patrock wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

well, more hardcore. Rolling Eyes

I don't think that's why they toured with them, but I think that's why it has worked. Though I'm not sure they should continue doing this every time they head out on a big tour. A little more variety will help in the future, in my opinion. But to their credit, almost all of these bands ASK (or even beg) them to come along. That's kind of hard to turn down, I think.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oliez
Vintage Newbie

I introducted my (ex)girlfriend to them last summer and she became a big fan. We went to a concert in April even after we broke up. So the ties that Eisley make are stronger than you may think....or maybe she just wanted a ride.
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

mattplayscheap wrote:
i was wondering what you all think?
she isnt like really into all that type of music.. she likes .. like harder rock!

Last year I really, really liked this guy (for an entire year) and he liked "harder rock" also... but I thought I could get him into Eisley... so I made him a mix of Eisley's more upbeat songs... plus Room Noises (about 20 or so songs in total--some of you might remember my post about that?) and now he likes them Smile . So it's cool. Try it. You never know.

Last edited by golly_sandra on Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

TheAntrider wrote:

Before I started getting into Eisley, about 75% of the music I listened to was somewhere within the metal genre. I was at my local music store looking for something totally different, and ended up getting Room Noises. I loved it so much that I sort of started exploring what the indie/rock/pop genre had to offer. I'd never really bothered with that music before, but ended up finding a lot of bands that I'm now enjoying very much (though Eisley is still the best of the bunch).

As you said, there are a lot of metal fans who are only into it because of the angsty suicidal image that some bands promote, but apart from that, there are many metal bands that actually reward those listeners with an ear for creativity and technicality. Not many of these bands enjoy very much mainstream success, because the aforementioned "hate the world" mentality is probably the more attractive option for those who don't know much about music and just want to hear a bunch of guys kick the crap out of their instruments. As for myself, I think getting into more melodic, experimental metal at a relatively early age helped develop my musical tastes. So I don't know how receptive I would have been of Eisley before that, but I think it's a safe bet that it's helped me appreciate them now, even if the actual style of the music is radically different.

Sea Post King

I say you do.
Eisley has such cute lyrics, I would melt melt if a boy showed them to me.
Even the ones about dragons and gumdrop people.
mattplayscheap
Sea Post King

thank you so much
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

of course you should.