Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

The thing is... for any entity to respond to the throngs... they have to be motivated by "self-interest"... that is to say, they'll ask the question: "What's in it for me?".
Our numbers, at best, won't be large enough to sway (slay?) some giant. If we reach out to a smaller, strategic entity, our chances might be better... but again... self interest. What's in it for them? Are we going to listen to some small radio station and help them sell advertising? Maybe if it was web, but we can't guarantee that.

Maybe the UK is an idea.

Maybe it's something we haven't even thought of yet...
Who do we need to influence? Who would actually care...and could do something about it? Certainly a program director, but that's market specific.
Who's really in a position to help a band like Eisley? It's you guys... ha ha. But you're already helping; You come to shows, buy records, etc. I'm veering. Chad started talking about radio. How do we get Eisely on radio.
What about some on line college radio? I'd be up for listening to one amazingly large, influential college radio station... there's one in New Jersey that introduced "Room Noises" at #1, but eventually it faded away.

More discussion. More ideas. BIG ideas... little ideas...

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

I know some DJs in Mongolia that can hook you up
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

Probably the single most important question is what do you want to accomplish. What is the goal and how will you know when you've reached that goal. In all the non-trivial projects I've ever been involved with, both professionally and personally, in the end it came down to how well those 2 questions where answered.

If you want to play to the grassroot strength of Eisley's community then you're, if you want to be realistic, confined to the Internet. It's no secret Eisley is a force to be reckowned with out in the wired, seems like the band was able to win any online poll or contest they were entered in. I think what gives Eisley so much clout on the Internet is the fact that everyone counts. If you have 500 people that you can rely on then there's nothing, poll or vote based, that you can't influence on the Internet which is interesting when you stop and think how connected the planet is. It would take something new and unorthodox to really reach out in the RealWorld(tm) with the same ease and power.

mykatjim
Sea Post King

too bad the edge has gone more metal-y and less alternative-y.too bad josh (adventure club) is on the edge. i know he really supported you guys here in dallas. lots of changes over at the edge. i've been contemplating taking them off my car's presets.
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas
mbrown603
Sea Post King

mykatjim wrote:
too bad the edge has gone more metal-y and less alternative-y.too bad josh (adventure club) is on the edge. i know he really supported you guys here in dallas. lots of changes over at the edge. i've been contemplating taking them off my car's presets.

I'd say I like maybe 1 in 6 songs they play anymore. I used to like almost everything they played. I wish Dallas would get a new alternative rock station. You get a sprinkling of it on Mix 102.9 & the Zone, but not much.
mykatjim
Sea Post King

mbrown603 wrote:
I'd say I like maybe 1 in 6 songs they play anymore. I used to like almost everything they played. I wish Dallas would get a new alternative rock station. You get a sprinkling of it on Mix 102.9 & the Zone, but not much.

how much longer does the edge think they can get away with calling themselves "the new rock alternatve" anyway?
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas

<< prev | goto page