Laughing City
mbrown603
Sea Post King

treetops12 wrote:
mbrown603 wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
greatbeyond wrote:
Note from Boyd: The DVD is available on Eisley's itunes page... err, maybe it's not the dvd. If you go to http://www.aclfestival.com , you'll see the ad (mini cd) at the bottom. Click it. The real deal is a dvd/cd package.

Heh, Stacy and Sherri were in that preview for a split second. I'm going to buy the DVD. How much was it at Best Buy?

$17.99

That's a pretty good deal I guess. I don't know... I don't usually buy dvd's unless they're $9.99, but I'll have to make an exception for this one.

It is 2 DVD's. The lineup includes: Eisley, Jet, Keane, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, The Decemberists, Bloc Party, Aqualung, Ambulance, Ltd, Jason Mraz, plus a bunch of country, jam band & redneck rock bands who don't interest me much.

Bonus item: there's a short film about Ambulance Ltd who played just before Eisley. They interview them at the signing table after their set & you can hear Eisley singing in the background.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I finally found it at FYE for 19.99. Whether its worth it or not, depends, but I did end up buying it.

Yeah the only bands I'm kinda interested in (and a very "kinda") would be the ones mbrown603 mentioned. I didn't get a chance to watch those yet, but the Eisley bit is pretty good. Some nice shots...of most of the band. It was interesting to see a live performance on a big screen rather than just my computer screen! Plus I just like live performances period, so I think it was worth it for me.
mykatjim
Sea Post King

i was playing around on youtube and found the commercial/preview thingy for the dvd. they show eisley for all of about .314 seconds on it! it's around the 46 sec mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhXcPn9ts3A
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

From Amazon:

"Although it's fair to say there's something for everyone here, the emphasis is on alternative rock and there are few female-fronted combos, with the exception of Texas quartet Eisley ("Golly Sandra")..."

quartet? Rolling Eyes

I bought it off there for $17.68 so I hope it's worth it!