Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

xidentical_handsx wrote:
I am a Christian and when I first started listening to their music, I sorta sensed God... they kinda all sound like angels together!

Haha... yeah its cool that they aren't shoving their faith down people's throats....... but if I had the opportunity for people to recognize my music I would probablly write atleast SOME Christian music so I could witness to everyone what Christ has done and what He is doing....

You could consider everything they do as witnessing. Everything they do shows that Christians are not some strange, unrealistic outsiders. They are every bit as capable of producing meaningful art as the next person. And they are musicians and don't fall into the traps of their lifestyle (drugs, alcohol and such). I say the fact that they live as they do is far more effective than if they decide to do a token worship song.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
xidentical_handsx
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
xidentical_handsx wrote:
I am a Christian and when I first started listening to their music, I sorta sensed God... they kinda all sound like angels together!

Haha... yeah its cool that they aren't shoving their faith down people's throats....... but if I had the opportunity for people to recognize my music I would probablly write atleast SOME Christian music so I could witness to everyone what Christ has done and what He is doing....

You could consider everything they do as witnessing. Everything they do shows that Christians are not some strange, unrealistic outsiders. They are every bit as capable of producing meaningful art as the next person. And they are musicians and don't fall into the traps of their lifestyle (drugs, alcohol and such). I say the fact that they live as they do is far more effective than if they decide to do a token worship song.

[color=orange]Yeah, being a Christian alone is effective. But I also think that music is really powerful because it makes people think, and it stirrs their heart (whether its Christian music or not). So if you put those two things together.... anyway STAY ON TOPIC. haha [/color]

Bobo
Sea Post King

maladroit_me wrote:
I have found my way back to God through Eisley. I feel like they were given to me to help me find my way and to encourage me to share the gifts he has blessed me with.

Maladroit! That's amazing!
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
well I wrote a thesis saying that you could, depending on your own view of religious experiences, say that Eisley's writings does show their faith.

But it's all very subjective. It might go on OGG, one of these days...

And yeah.

The thread has been answered to.

But for my own take on their faiths and their music et al. bright young thing is right. Meeting them... there was something different about them compared to every other band i've met at a show. i think that is partly their faith. so yes, i would say it's evident.

Interesting. They do not seem very unusual to me as people. That is to say I sensed nothing other-worldy about them, besides their raw talent and fabulous looks, obviously, though in that instance I speak metaphorically.

However, I think Ewan is right. It seems very subjective to me also. Funny thing about art. You can pretty much interpret it anyway you want. Often times people see things in certain songs simply because of where they are in their own life. For example, this is not an exact analogy, but it does demonstrate the point. How is it that whenever you are in love all the songs you hear on the radio are love songs and then when you get your heart broken all the songs on the radio have to do with heart break? All of life is simply a matter of perspective. Humans can choose to look at things however they want, though most don't exercise that choice consciously. Tsk, tsk.

xidentical_handsx wrote:

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, they began their as yet short music-making careers as a kind of Christian-Alternative band. Since then I guess they have gone in a slightly different direction, but I'd put money on them actually having a few original Christian songs somewhere in their repertoire. You never know what the future holds.

JD

P.S.: I don't really see what the forum's blurb about Eisley's stance on their music being Christian (or not) has anything to do with this thread. It was rather pointless to ever bring it up since it has nothing to do with the topic, unless you just wanted to rain on the thread-originator's parade. Also, I have to applaude the thread-originator for brushing it off so easliy.

lapetitesirene
Sea Post King

yes dear, i am a christian. and i agree that eisley is not a christian band, but they themselves are christians, and they act like them, and they are great role modles for us fellow christians
horizongirl
Sea Post King

I'm a Christian too. But I like their music how it is. ^___^
fragileaswelie
Sea Post King

jdstories wrote:

P.S.: I don't really see what the forum's blurb about Eisley's stance on their music being Christian (or not) has anything to do with this thread. It was rather pointless to ever bring it up since it has nothing to do with the topic, unless you just wanted to rain on the thread-originator's parade. Also, I have to applaude the thread-originator for brushing it off so easliy.

my thoughts exactly. Smile

Back in the day Eisley commented on my myspace with the following:
'Somebody is sure you love
"the cat's pajama's".

thanks for everything no
matter what that means Smile'

@fragileaswelie