Laughing City
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Music_Lover wrote:
i went to the Lawrence, KS show, and after the show was done, i saw them standing outside in the back, so i just walked up to them.

i REALLY wanted my shirt signed, and i got a free Vinyl copy of Room Noises from Sherri, that was for letting her use my wrist band.

and the recognized me from the show, cause i was the tallest person there, in the front-ish part of the venue, moreso in the middle.

and cause they noticed i was singing every song, and Sherri pointed it out during the show, it was cool though, they're so humble, and VERY nice...

Oh you're the guy from the video Boyd posted of I Wasn't Prepared.
Now you're famous Laughing

norad
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:
i went to the Lawrence, KS show, and after the show was done, i saw them standing outside in the back, so i just walked up to them.

i REALLY wanted my shirt signed, and i got a free Vinyl copy of Room Noises from Sherri, that was for letting her use my wrist band.

and the recognized me from the show, cause i was the tallest person there, in the front-ish part of the venue, moreso in the middle.

and cause they noticed i was singing every song, and Sherri pointed it out during the show, it was cool though, they're so humble, and VERY nice...

he posted a vid from the ks show?
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:

Yeah in one of those 103 comments from the last blog.

norad
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
patrock wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:

then im gonna watch it and see if i can see myself/hannah/jon.
cos we were front row center.
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
patrock wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:

Here it is: http://www.eisley.com/tourpics/spring06/IWasntBottlenecked.mov

norad
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
patrock wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
patrock wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:

Here it is: http://www.eisley.com/tourpics/spring06/IWasntBottlenecked.mov

i just finished it.
(menaing i had already watched it before i saw your post)
i saw hannah's camera that's about it.
but still good video.
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

the first time i met them, opening for NFG, they were siging stuff at the merch booth after they played.

the second and third times, they were just sort of hanging around before and after the shows.

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:

haha, oh yes...i am, yeah, i'm THAT guy, if you listen closely though, when Sherri is saying that i'm the "sweet man singing all the words to every song".

you can hear Chauntelle say, "ah, that's nice", and it's funny, the way she says it i laugh, Eisley is so entertaining... Very Happy

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Bluesteel7512
Sea Post King

I meet Chauntelle at the Nashville show after Brighten finished their show. The funny thing was that I wasn't even looking for them, I was just going to get a bottle of water. If I had been like a minute earlier I would have met Sherri but when I got to them she had disappeared. But it was okay becuase I got a chance to talk to Chauntelle for a little bit and also got a pic with her with my camera phone (which didn't turn out so well). She is amazing and so nice!! Laughing I saw Boyd alot mainly by the merch table and such but he was busy so I didn't bother him.
Deadpoet
Sea Post King

live4love4jesus wrote:
Any chance of meeting them after the show??

Not in Tulsa Sad No I'm really not still bitter about that. Smile I got Chauntelle's autograph at a show, sometimes they hang out before, during other acts, or after their own show. Just hang around the merch table. Boyd is always around and he rocks. Smile

starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

i think you should do the obvious thing and kidnap the band and take them to mexico.
walkers
Sea Post King

While they are in Mexico, they could do a cover of Mexican Radio by Wall of Voodoo while you sit in a Mexican jail for kidnapping.
Oneiric
Sea Post King

Yeah, I'm one of those people who had every chance in the world to meet them (I was at the Sac performance in the Library) and let it all slide cuz I was too shy. I even saw them walking to Starbucks (although it was from a distance, so I wasn't positive it was them, but I got it confirmed later). And I thought about joining them. But I didn't. And now I'm kicking myself.
But in answer to the question how to meet them... generally you'll see them hanging around either by the merch table or in the crowd (if it's a small venue. The Library was tiny). Or use any of the other tricks (find their van and sit on it, lay in wait by the door to backstage, etc.) except kidnapping them and exporting them. That could be more trouble than you're looking for.
Connie
Golly, Poster

Oneiric wrote:
Yeah, I'm one of those people who had every chance in the world to meet them (I was at the Sac performance in the Library) and let it all slide cuz I was too shy. I even saw them walking to Starbucks (although it was from a distance, so I wasn't positive it was them, but I got it confirmed later). And I thought about joining them. But I didn't. And now I'm kicking myself.
But in answer to the question how to meet them... generally you'll see them hanging around either by the merch table or in the crowd (if it's a small venue. The Library was tiny). Or use any of the other tricks (find their van and sit on it, lay in wait by the door to backstage, etc.) except kidnapping them and exporting them. That could be more trouble than you're looking for.

I had that problem at the Great American Music Hall show. They walked past me a couple times. Chauntelle walked past me a lot! I was too shy. After that day, I hated myself even more for not saying hi. Crying or Very sad