Laughing City
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

patrock wrote:
lonelynation3 wrote:
forestdweller wrote:

also i was listening to the marvelous things EP, and it sounded slightly different to my room noises version, very very subtly. im guessing it was just the variation of the mp3 quality that i was listening to online, or was the track remixed for the LP?

so i'm not the only one who thought it sounded different Exclamation

it's an obvious difference.

Not to me. I knew there was a difference, and now I know HOW its different, and honestly I still can't hear it really.
norad
Vintage Newbie

Mystic210 wrote:
patrock wrote:
lonelynation3 wrote:
forestdweller wrote:

also i was listening to the marvelous things EP, and it sounded slightly different to my room noises version, very very subtly. im guessing it was just the variation of the mp3 quality that i was listening to online, or was the track remixed for the LP?

Not to me. I knew there was a difference, and now I know HOW its different, and honestly I still can't hear it really.

her voice is lower.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

They rerecorded the vocals for Marvelous things, and remixed the rest of the tracks (which are the same ones as on the EP). If I remember correctly.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
They rerecorded the vocals for Marvelous things, and remixed the rest of the tracks (which are the same ones as on the EP). If I remember correctly.

boyd already told us.
timing, jamie, timing.
Wink
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

patrock wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

boyd already told us.
timing, jamie, timing.
Wink

Oh, cool. I miss those Boydposts. The rest of the thread just melted my mind before I saw that.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I like the old one best because I love rhodes and you can hear it better. Not to mention the entire song just sounds more... full. Everything just feels more tuned up and balanced together, louder, bolder.

There's also this little guitar part at 1:08ish... I like it better on the old one.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

hisownshot wrote:
I like the old one best because I love rhodes and you can hear it better. Not to mention the entire song just sounds more... full. Everything just feels more tuned up and balanced together, louder, bolder.

There's also this little guitar part at 1:08ish... I like it better on the old one.

I agree, all the instruments are much louder and balanced. Smile

lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
lonelynation3 wrote:
forestdweller wrote:

i knew it sounded very different but my friend didn't seem to notice that.

nevernever
Laughing Citizen

lonelynation3 wrote:
patrock wrote:
lonelynation3 wrote:
forestdweller wrote:

i noticed the very first time i listened to eisley -- on trolley wood, which is unfair, because the voices are so obviously different in that song. i assumed stacy was the older one when I first heard it, though. Razz
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

nevernever wrote:
lonelynation3 wrote:
patrock wrote:
lonelynation3 wrote:
forestdweller wrote:

i noticed the very first time i listened to eisley -- on trolley wood, which is unfair, because the voices are so obviously different in that song. i assumed stacy was the older one when I first heard it, though. Razz

When Stacy sings One Day I Slowly Floated Away, she sounds so much older. and Sherri sounds younger. But i think i enjoy Stacy's voice better.

walkers
Sea Post King

lonelynation3 wrote:
nevernever wrote:
lonelynation3 wrote:
patrock wrote:
lonelynation3 wrote:
forestdweller wrote:

When Stacy sings One Day I Slowly Floated Away, she sounds so much older. and Sherri sounds younger. But i think i enjoy Stacy's voice better.
O.K. listen with just your left ear(right side of your brain) and it sounds different. Now, listen with just your right ear(left side of your brain) and there is no difference. Listen with both ears and you may or may not notice any difference.
norad
Vintage Newbie

walkers wrote:
lonelynation3 wrote:
nevernever wrote:
lonelynation3 wrote:
patrock wrote:
lonelynation3 wrote:
forestdweller wrote:

O.K. listen with just your left ear(right side of your brain) and it sounds different. Now, listen with just your right ear(left side of your brain) and there is no difference. Listen with both ears and you may or may not notice any difference.

listen to marvelous things?
what version?
walkers
Sea Post King

Either version of Marvelous Things, because either way or version, you may or may not notice the difference.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

walkers wrote:

hm...I might have to try that...but it sound too complicated.

Then again, if you can't hear a difference, you need to get your head checked. Just listen to the first bar. On the ep version you can clearly hear 123456..but on Room Noises, to me, it sounds too muddled. All their ep versions are better than the RN version, especially Memories and yes, even Telescope Eyes.
Last edited by oliez on Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
norad
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
walkers wrote:

hm...I might have to try that...but it sound too complicated.

Then again, if you can't hear a difference, you need to get your head checked.

they would need their hearing checked.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>