Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

oosker wrote:
Greg's is hilarious, I love it!

sherri looks like she has hooker make-up on.
hah.
it's great.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

oosker wrote:
Greg's is hilarious, I love it!

i really like the look of this actually, i think it's really..i don't know, cool i guess...

gregorydymitrowicz wrote:

ah hahaha, this one made me laugh so hard...

and i thought it would be really cool to have this picture on their new album...

or something simular to it...

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

Kieran Anderson wrote:

Laughing Greg you make me giggle Laughing

treetops12 wrote:

I laughed really hard at this... nice work Very Happy

I do my best Wink
noodleman
Sea Post King

the igonorance motif wrote:
welp, finished the back part of the eisley CD. again, thanks for the comments yall.

ONLY 8 TRACKS!?? No no no no no. Albums must be at least 12, if not 15 tracks.

Starflyer 59's Talking Vocie vs. Singing Voice has only 9 tracks. And they call it an album. It's amazing music but that's plain WRONG.

nathan.

www.purevolume.com/GORADIO
www.myspace.com/GORADIO
www.myspace.com/natesmith
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

noodleman wrote:
welp, finished the back part of the eisley CD. again, thanks for the comments yall.

Starflyer 59's Talking Vocie vs. Singing Voice has only 9 tracks. And they call it an album. It's amazing music but that's plain WRONG.

nathan.

Technically the line between EP and album is 7 tracks. Sigur Ros' ( ) has eight tracks, several of which are rather lengthy, and it seems to me that fits the bill for a full album. Nevertheless, I fully agree that any Eisley album must have no less than 10 and preferably 12 or more.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
logicalbobcat
Sea Post King

i think the amount of songs and the length of the songs must be taken into consideration.
alastica
Sea Post King

Those are really sweet designs for all the albums you did, the igonorance motif. I liked the Eisley one the best though cause I felt like it fit Eisley fairly well, but like...a darker Eisley I guess. Though I don't know the other bands so I'm sort of biased there, but whatevuh. Good job.
Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
the igonorance motif
Golly, Poster

i presented the 3 concepts in class today, and my appastar/kashmir designs were scrapped. makes sense, since i spent most of my time on the eisley one. so naturally, everyone agreed that the eisley one was best and was strongest of three. lovely, time to refine it. again, thanks for comments everyone! you people, you're cool. for serious.

[edit]
to satisfy, i might throw in a few more track names. for kicks and stuff. i need to re-vamp the type design on the back anyways, according to my intructor. i'll post the final versions once i get them all nice and prim and A+ material.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
noodleman wrote:

nathan.

Technically the line between EP and album is 7 tracks. Sigur Ros' ( ) has eight tracks, several of which are rather lengthy, and it seems to me that fits the bill for a full album. Nevertheless, I fully agree that any Eisley album must have no less than 10 and preferably 12 or more.

Speaking of that, I hope Eisley tracks are a bit more diversified on the second LP length wise. I believe every track on Room Noises was between 3 and 4 minutes long. Not saying its always a bad thing, but every song doesn't need to be cut like a single. It seems like the label/producers were expecting for Eisley to be big on the radio.

Things are funny like that, Damien Rice's debut album is pretty much unmarketable on the radio. It has lots of huge tempo and volume changes, and really no songs short enough for the radio. Room Noises, on the other hand, contained songs that were all very timely and stayed at a pretty consistant volume. Yet, O went platinum 3 times over.

The music business is funny.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
pauline
Sea Post King

you people are hilarious ...
and you're making me want to become increasingly
creative .. stop that .. thx .

:p

myspace
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Speaking of that, I hope Eisley tracks are a bit more diversified on the second LP length wise. I believe every track on Room Noises was between 3 and 4 minutes long. Not saying its always a bad thing, but every song doesn't need to be cut like a single. It seems like the label/producers were expecting for Eisley to be big on the radio.

I think it has been said that the length thing just happened that way. But I might be wrong.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

I think it has been said that the length thing just happened that way. But I might be wrong.

Gah. Why do you always think you know everything?

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

The5thavocado wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

Gah. Why do you always think you know everything?

I'm a journalist. I dislike the lack of stating things as having been said without actual proof sitting in front of me. You'll also note I use a lot of attribution. Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

blast! wretch.

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
natashaville
Sea Post King

oosker wrote:

HAHAHA i loveee this!