Laughing City
LadyJaneGrey
Sea Post King

Do you think they would play at something like Alive or Creation Fest? I know they did Cornerstone, but that's not really a "Christian" one, is it? I could be wrong. Sorry.

I don't mean to spark controversy, I am just curious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Given their label and where they're at and what they're doing, I don't think they will.

It's terribly terribly unlikely, surely.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
oliez
Vintage Newbie

LadyJaneGrey wrote:

I don't mean to spark controversy, I am just curious.

I don't think this will.

I don't think they will. Maybe. Who knows. They just don't seem like a festival band, even though they've done around 5...I think. I don't know if I could really enjoy a festival set of theirs. You'd have to be farther back to actually hear the music the way it's supose to sound. I enjoy the small club/bar shows of theirs too much. Even though the show in Tulsa was a little too big for my tastes. The main room is one of those, if you're too close to the stage you can't hear anything except bass and drums. But I guess all of us are going to have to get used to the bigger venues once this record comes out.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I think that they said somewhere that they aren't against playing Christian festivals, but they aren't a "Christian Band".

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
PurpleCloud93
Lost at Forum

I don't think the oraganizers of the festivals would allow them to play because their music isn't openly worshipping God.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

PurpleCloud93 wrote:
I don't think the oraganizers of the festivals would allow them to play because their music isn't openly worshipping God.

A lot of christian bands have a lot of songs that aren't openly worshipping God. Organizers of festivals would never deny a band of strong christians just because they don't have the name Jesus or God in their songs. It's all about the emotion and feeling of the relationship that speaks through the music and Eisley has that emotion. Even if the message behind some songs aren't ones of faith, Chirstian festival organizers would see that the reason behind the song is to praise and they would glady accept them to the bill.
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

I think they would if it were offered to them and not conflicting with already booked shows. I can't think of a reason that they would refuse.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I think it's still possible.

After Switchfoot signed to Columbia, they still played Christian festivals and whatnot. Of course, many considered them a Christian band before, but I would consider their lyrics about as spiritual as Eisley's lyrics.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

isn't...cornerstone a christian festival?
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

uuhhhhhh no
shyviolet
Lost at Forum

granpaturtle wrote:
isn't...cornerstone a christian festival?

yes.

drenchedecent
Sea Post King

[quote="LadyJaneGrey"]Do you think they would play at something like Alive or Creation Fest? I know they did Cornerstone, but that's not really a "Christian" one, is it? I could be wrong. Sorry.
[quote]

Cornerstone is VERY MUCH a Christian festival. You most definitely have to be a Christian to play there. Cornerstone was where I first saw Eisley and met the band, and I hope they will play there again. Hopefully they will be invited to play the main stage, although the other smaller tents are much more intimate and result in better shows.

lapetitesirene
Sea Post King

well i sure hope so! i mean they have switchfoot and flyleaf and familyforcefive at these festibles so why not eisley???? maybe they would play at a Purpledoor or something? they have copeland there, and they are in the same boat as Eisley as far as christianity is concerned.
Mister_Pine
Sea Post King

I don't see why not really... they are sold in every christian store i've ever been in. It's the only place I can really find their cds.

(Check your local LifeWay if you are looking for Marvelous Things or Laughing City EPs...)

I think a dream come true would be a Fair & Eisley tour... that would be beyond amazing! My two favorite bands!

lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

lapetitesirene wrote:
well i sure hope so! i mean they have switchfoot and flyleaf and familyforcefive at these festibles so why not eisley???? maybe they would play at a Purpledoor or something? they have copeland there, and they are in the same boat as Eisley as far as christianity is concerned.

yah! Very Happy switchfoot always plays at christian festivals why not Eisley?