Laughing City
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I'm not sick of it, I've just moved on.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

I'm not sick of it at all, but it's just that there was one time where I listened to NOTHING but Eisley.... 24/7. It might've been for about two months. I've just moved on to some other stuff (Michael Buble) but I can still listen to Room Noises and be content.
norad
Vintage Newbie

I wouldn't use the words "sick of it" at all. I just can't listen to it. I've played it so many times there is no magic in listening to it.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

I ususaly go about one full day hardcore listening to eisley a week. If I do more it's too much. That's always a good day though. I have to always try and find something new or different and with them, I can, be it with the music or the lyrics.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

That's natural if you listen to the same thing over and over again. I know I could love a song off of an album, but then it becomes a single, which is cool...until it becomed overplayed and you just can't listen to it anymore...

Oddly enough, Eisley is my refuge for when other songs/bands get played out. I've been into getting new music lately, so I try to mixed up, but I usually get sick of that after only a listen or two and I go back to something Eisley. I guess for me, at least for a band with only one full length, they have such a wide range of songs available for fans that I too can still find something new in some song that makes me love it all over again.

Soo...I can honestly say I still listen to *something* by them almost everyday.

Maybe just try some non-RN tracks or something totally different. Nothing wrong with taking a break.
Last edited by Mystic210 on Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

OceanMachine wrote:
It's the same with almost any band. Even the best music gets repetitive if you listen to it....repeatedly.

I'm glad you said almost

I can and do listen to muse and jeff buckley consistantly and have done for years and years

Head against the sky is the only eisley track I have played consistantly

Laughing Citizen

i don't feel that way yet. i hope i don't... that will be a depressing day indeed.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I try to never over listen to any of my music. That way I don't get sick of anything, especially what I love the most. If I feel like I'm getting even a little sick of something, I don't listen to it for a week or so. Then, when I come back to it, I still love it. I am a strange child.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Binary Dragon
Sea Post King

According to iTunes, I've listened to Room Noises some 150 times. I'm not in any way sick of them, though I am starting to become aware of a possibility. Now I mostly listen to them in the car (nothing like Eisley to make a drive more relaxing.)

I imagine that when the new album is released and we've another 10-15 songs to add to our playlists of 40, it will become a lot easier to listen to them without getting tired of the songs as easily. And once their third album comes out and we've a full 70 or so songs to choose from, well that will be heaven.

Vintage Newbie

I just realized the other day that I haven't listened to Eisley really since I last saw them live. I guess I've just been discovering so much music that there hasn't really been room. Perhaps that will change tomorrow on the way to the Brighten show.
Joined: 01 Mar 2005 | Posts: 4657 | Location: Melton Mowbray Pork Pie
Y4J
Golly, Poster

Honestly, i'm not tired of them, but I admit, I haven't listened to them in a while and haven't kept up with the journals as well :/

I think it was because I missed their last concert that came in my area...

Doesn't matter, they still are my favorites, and when new stuff comes out, my brain will be Eisley wacked.

Check out my FLICKR and leave comments!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28644084@N00/
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 829 | Location: Manteca, California
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

i just got over Room Noises. now i'm listening to Regina Spektor and Imogen Heap until the new album is out!!! Very Happy
Caley
Lost at Forum

Ever since I started getting all amped about the new album I've been listening to them like non-stop. I don't listen to Room Noises a lot though just because I listened to it so much... so I'm mainly listening to their EPs and live stuff. I keep finding listening to the Old Works mainly though... I love it.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Connie wrote:
I'm starting to forget song titles and song lyrics from Room Noises.. oopsies?

I realised I've done that... I was listening to it for the first time in a while today, and had to check my mp3 player a few times to remind myself of some of the track names... but that happens.

It goes in phases, with pretty much every band I listen to. Recentlly it was Embrace. I listened to nothing but them the other week. I reckon i'll listen to nothing but Eisley now for a couple of days. 'cept maybe the odd Pilotdrift. I get that feeling...

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I barely listen to Eisley these days, but it's not that I'm sick of them. I did get tired of Room Noises for a while because "I Wasn't Prepared" is my ringtone so I heard it rather constantly.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>