Laughing City
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
plus that lame three-minute spot on some MTV show where they made fun of photos of the band.

When was this on tv?

I think it was the "Advance Warning" thing just before Room Noises came out. The file's not up on OGG anymore; I need to fix that.

Oh, I saw that and I downloaded it earlier, but I don't remember them making fun of them.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
plus that lame three-minute spot on some MTV show where they made fun of photos of the band.

When was this on tv?

I think it was the "Advance Warning" thing just before Room Noises came out. The file's not up on OGG anymore; I need to fix that.

Oh, I saw that and I downloaded it earlier, but I don't remember them making fun of them.

All that junk about "here they are looking introspective. Here they are looking introspective again. Here they are writing some introspective lyrics." It bugged me last time I saw it. Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
negatiivethree
Golly, Poster

Never2FarNow wrote:
interesting... I would have expected rooms noises to have sold much more... I was thinking more in the 200,000 range. Samsonite, I was way off. But 70,000 is still great, and I'm sure number 2 will sell much more.

Haha. Slappy, Swammy...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:

When was this on tv?

All that junk about "here they are looking introspective. Here they are looking introspective again. Here they are writing some introspective lyrics." It bugged me last time I saw it. Wink

Are you talking about the one that was hosted at the zoo?

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:

When was this on tv?

Are you talking about the one that was hosted at the zoo?

That's the one.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
DannyT
Sea Post King

I'd just like to come out and get some recognition from the Eisley fan community that I had a burned copy of Room Noises, but recently went out and bought my own CD to support the band. I know this doesn't redeem me fully for being such a scallywag in the first place, but it makes me feel better for doing my part to make the album more of a success on paper. I realize that though the album is already a success in my and most of you guys' eyes, it would be better if everyone else in the world would buy Eisley stuff instead of pi$$ing their money away on the latest from Chamillionaire.
I hope all of you have purchased the album, and encouraged your friends to do the same, because supporting worthy artists has become important to me of late.
Last edited by DannyT on Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:25 am; edited 2 times in total
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

What is it anyones business how much the band make/don't make in the monetary sense?
Sea Post King

i would buy RN if it is available here but it's not...

i am seriously praying so hard that their 2nd album is gonna be distributed here in the south east asia cause i really want to get my hands on them..

i don't know if this post belongs here but just my thoughts....
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:
What is it anyones business how much the band make/don't make in the monetary sense?

well judging by your responce i obviously posted it to piss you off.

if you took it that way i am sorry. i didnt want to know how much money eisley made on the whole. as in they raked in 50,000 last year. you are right that is not my business.

how you feel about me asking it really doesnt matter to me. sorry about that. but kim did respond and she responded and answered the question 100% the way i wanted it. if she felt privy to withhold that info, she didnt have to say anything. but she knew what i meant. and that is what matters.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
homesick_alien wrote:

if you took it that way i am sorry. i didnt want to know how much money eisley made on the whole. as in they raked in 50,000 last year. you are right that is not my business.

how you feel about me asking it really doesnt matter to me. sorry about that. but kim did respond and she responded and answered the question 100% the way i wanted it. if she felt privy to withhold that info, she didnt have to say anything. but she knew what i meant. and that is what matters.

You both need to chill out.

Smokemonster
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:

sorry saellys. ill try to responde nicer now that i have calmed down and my frustration is gone.

i understand that some people think certain questions shouldnt be asked or what not. but the only one that matters to is the person who the question is refering.

so if i asked patrock a question and saellys thinks thats inappropriate, too bad. now if patrock thought it was, then we would have something there.

but kim obviously didnt think it was wrong for me to ask seeing as how she did answer my question. and i got what i needed from it.
i dont think i was being nosey. it certainly wasnt my intention.
she answered just the way i would of wanted her to.
so thanks kim.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
mr pine wrote:
homesick_alien wrote:

totally.

I read Paul's post in a despairing mannter. Which makes more sense than him being angry? why would he be angry about this?

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
norad
Vintage Newbie

What's with you and bringing my name up? So far the two threads I've seen the thread starting post was not a bad idea. I don't even know what you're talking about in that last post. Rolling Eyes
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
What's with you and bringing my name up? So far the two threads I've seen the thread starting post was not a bad idea. I don't even know what you're talking about in that last post. Rolling Eyes

I guess it's the price you pay for having a high profile.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
Saellys wrote:

sorry saellys. ill try to responde nicer now that i have calmed down and my frustration is gone.

i understand that some people think certain questions shouldnt be asked or what not. but the only one that matters to is the person who the question is refering.

so if i asked patrock a question and saellys thinks thats inappropriate, too bad. now if patrock thought it was, then we would have something there.

but kim obviously didnt think it was wrong for me to ask seeing as how she did answer my question. and i got what i needed from it.
i dont think i was being nosey. it certainly wasnt my intention.
she answered just the way i would of wanted her to.
so thanks kim.

I see your point, and I honestly didn't expect Kim to answer so quickly and comprehensively about what could be a very touchy subject.

Whether or not it really matters what anyone else thinks about the question is not going to stop people from posting what they think about the question. In fact, taking Paul's words at face value without reading into them at all, there's no indication that he was pissed off by the question, let alone that he thinks you posted it to piss him off. It was by no means the best way to frame a question and it was probably loaded, but as you said you were frustrated and that made your response a bit touchy. Listen to me; I sound like somebody's mom. Wink

On an unrelated note, what's up with all the patrock namedropping?

Smokemonster