Laughing City
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

So,
for my birthday that is coming up soon, my kid's pitched in some of their saved money, and bought me a Motorola V3 RAZR phone.
Hot Pink. It's a beauty, and brand new.
Only thing is, it doesn't work with our phone plan, so Sherri wants me to relist it on ebay, hoping to recover their money.
This phone has the sim? card, so it only works with Cingular, t-mobile, and one other one that I cannot remember.
I am going to relist it on eBay and try to get a "buy it now" for around $170.
If anyone on here wants to buy it from Sherri, before I list it on eBay, let me know.
Here's a picture:

Please only serious inquiries. If you need more details about this phone, "pm" me and i will get back with you.
I will probably list it by Tuesday?
Thanks,
kd
Last edited by Kimbrtones on Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:06 am; edited 3 times in total
Diozen
Sea Post King

You don't necessarily have to sell your phone, you can open the network. This means they "open" your phone to accept service from a different provider. You go to an independently managed cellphone store which advertises different providers. Ask them if they can open your phone to your provider. I've had this done to my phone, I switched from one provider to another.
Joined: 18 Aug 2006 | Posts: 13 | Location: Los Angeles, Ca
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Thank you for the info.
i think they already purchased the one that my provider uses, so I do need to sell this one to help get their money back.
'preciate the help though. Smile
guitargalash
Golly, Poster

YOu are now one of those cool hip moms lol. THat's so nice of those kids! Good luck with the new phone!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lantz
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
Motorola V3 rzar phone.

singular

i think its funny when parents misspell modern words or lingo, for instance: its "Razr" not "Rzar" and "Cingular" not "Singular"
Very Happy

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
unclearlies
Vintage Newbie

Lantz wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Motorola V3 rzar phone.

singular

i think its funny when parents misspell modern words or lingo, for instance: its "Razr" not "Rzar" and "Cingular" not "Singular"
Very Happy

I think it's absurd when actual companies misspell their products to appear hip...

boone
Vintage Newbie

It's RaCzar and Tzingular.

Cyrillic forever!

Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Lantz wrote:

Quote:
singular

i think its funny when parents misspell modern words or lingo, for instance: its "Razr" not "Rzar" and "Cingular" not "Singular

so it is.... Cool Thanks for the correction. Honestly, I was too lazy to look it up, because I really didn't care.
I agree with unclearlies comment. Smile ...but, I will edit it for you.
LeslieAnnLevine
Lost at Forum

I don't know, I thought I was "over" the concept of the Razr, but lookin' at this..all shiny and pink, it sure is perdy!

**I was acting like I was over it, because I just couldn't afford it, I've really liked it all along! Laughing
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 | Posts: 1219 | Location: here, there, everywhere.
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

why wouldn't your kids at least ask which plan/company you were with before buying you a phone Kim? Most phones are locked into certain providers these days.
Wookie Luke

They probably just got an unlocked phone from eBay and assumed it would work with every provider, but the US phone system is weird and some providers don't use SIM cards and some lock down certain features and phone models... it's quite lame really. SIM cards are the best solution, that's why I have (and love) T-Mobile. Unfortunately, coverage is spotty, and when I was in Tyler it didn't work very well. But Boyd's sidekick works, so they may have added some new towers in the area.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Sherri just didn't read everything thoroughly.
I'll probably try to relist it below what she paid to just try and recover her cost, or most of it.
Paranoid Android v2.0
Vintage Newbie

I have one of these phones. They are very nice.

This is MYSPACE
Gee, Blog
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 | Posts: 4250 | Location: Up here in Connecticut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bn_me
Sea Post King

homesick_alien wrote:
why wouldn't your kids at least ask which plan/company you were with before buying you a phone Kim? Most phones are locked into certain providers these days.

Silly wabbit... They're making a new album! That's WHY! Very Happy

(*Just a note... I was planning on getting one of these phones to give as a present too, except they made it a hassle to do so even when I went to the person's own cellular carrier!)
bn_me
Sea Post King

Oooh, didn't mention this in the previous post... but... wouldn't this phone fetch a bit more if it were, oh, say autographed by the band?