Laughing City
Stephen
Sea Post King

Any truth to the rumor that you guys are playing sxsw? Someone told me you were, so i was just curious. Cant wait to see you guys this weekend
Joined: 12 Feb 2003 | Posts: 259 | Location: athens, grand prairie, denton.... im a nomad
pat kauchick
Sea Post King

they are playing at sxsw see sxsw.com. a showcase with supergrass and other bands.wish i could be in denton but have to settle for santana that night.
Jeff
Sea Post King

SXSW is so much fun!
I got to work at SXSW last year along with several other students in the music program. I'm not working it this year because I have bigger fish to fry (anyway, I'm kinda upset with the promoters for lying to me, but that's a whole nuther story), but it's certainly worth going down there. You will see some great bands
Here's some advice. If you plan on going down there, please book a hotel room, like RIGHT NOW! Or else you will be sleeping in your car which is never cool. I wish I could go this year.

pat kauchick
Sea Post King

sxsw is only half a showcase the rest political.so many bands that had their day keeping real talent out.many examples of bands that signed 10-12 years ago put out records,played large halls,were droped,broke up reformed,play clubs now. why are they there. i can name at least 1 band that sold 15 million records that was rejected. it is still fun to go to and yes i have room booked.just waiting for boyd to tell me when moss plays so i can be there then and not necessarily for the whole thing and save a few coins for coachella.
jeremyb
Sea Post King

Jeff wrote:
Here's some advice. If you plan on going down there, please book a hotel room, like RIGHT NOW! Or else you will be sleeping in your car which is never cool. I wish I could go this year.

jeff, jeff, jeff... i beg to differ. sleeping in your car is FRIGGIN'AWESOME.

- j
selfsame singer
Golly, Poster

Yeah, but I wouldn't want to do it if I had to play a show the next day. I hate playing a show when you're tired. It still happens sometimes, but I wouldn't intentionaly do it.
Joined: 23 Dec 2002 | Posts: 719 | Location: Somewhere over the rainbow closest to Dallas...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger