Laughing City
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

I liked the first version of many funerals (the one Boyd first had a video of in the journal) better than the version they played on the Final Noise tour (a.k.a the one that'll probably be album-ized). Just sayin'. Rolling Eyes
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

My favourite of the new batch that I've heard is Like the Actors. I like the verses of "We Feel Good" alot, also.
mattplayscheap
Sea Post King

can someone please pm me some new tracks.. i cant find them anywhere.. even on ogg
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

"Many Funerals" is up there, as an MP3 and video. Look through some of Boyd's journals from the last tour and you may find videos of some others. Barring that, try YouTube.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oliez
Vintage Newbie

these aren't as good as boyd's, but there're here none-the-less

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPFFqJkpO_4

like the actors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w4RxzuDxhY

taking control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWAK4XqPIhk

i could be there for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKtxmGYshqA

invasion
boyd
Eisleyoid

"we feel good" isn't even in the running. The last person to have heard it at a show is likely - well, the last person who will ever hear it at a show.

The other's? - yes. And Many Funerals reminds me of a lightening storm at a grave diggers convention; jk. No. for real. It's raw, it's tight, it's big...it's haunting... but it'll warm your heart. Did u guys realize that the song is and always was under 3 minutes? That's a radio's short order, but I... I... I don't think it's a radio track. Then again, u know... I don't get radio at all. Nor does Eisley.

But back to Many Funerals... how to describe it... hmmm.. it sorta kicks your head in and leaves you with that burnt flesh feeling... you know... after the lightening has struck and you're still smoldering? - You see the smoke rising off your head and wonder if you were really hit or if maybe... just maybe - you are just one of those mummies you read about in National Geographic.

No, i'm just kidding. It's a lot like the stuff you heard. I say that... meh, i dunno; it's not going to sound like the first lil' live tune u guys heard; it is way more powerful. More like a bright-red, lava-shot to the face from a blue-meanie airgun; Suddenly - no face... no name; You wonder how you might look in skull and crossbones .

Naw.... ha ha; i'ze jus' kiddin' yawl'. Honest... it's the same little trippy, indie tune as always; welp - except... It's more like... more like: An encounter with a corpse rising from grave with the face and teeth of that Ghost Buster librarian.

No. i promise. Enough. enough of my tom foolery. It's just a simple little eisley tune... i mean, maybe a bit album-ized i guess. Some of you might not like it. It wouldn't be the first time... and that's ok. You can't please everyone all the time. Hey, it is an album, right? So... it's albumized... that would make sense. Think: Blue Vodka (on fire) with Kruella de Ville's eyeball's as olives.

lol... nope. jk. seriously... it sounds EXACTLY like the live version...I cannot tell a lie; only... more like the sound of an EXACTO blade slicing Mojo Jojo's head - after being soaked in poisonous, poisonous Gummy Worm juice.

I'm done. I hope you're even more confused now than you were before.
I cannot tell a lie. The song is so TripSkell. I believe that some of your heads will lose skin and others will just turn to stone. Only the ones of you who are good like the kid on Charlie's Chocolate Factory will feel warm and fuzzy and skithered with electro-magnetic roy-toid flutters.

So there... I actually posted something in Laughing City - yes... in celebration of her return from the dark side... I sure did, I did.

luv,

boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
sleepydusk
Sea Post King

aww Boyd, thanks for posting!
I'm glad "We Feel Good" isn't on it, as I don't like it that much.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
beforethedawn
Sea Post King

Aw, thanks for posting Boyd. Is it odd that a lot of that actually made sense to me? Shocked

Anyway, I think my favorite (for right now at least, it could change once I hear the whole finished album) is I Could Be There For You.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Too bad about "We Feel Good." I could see that happening, but there's parts of that song I like a lot.

However, about Many Funerals....I can't even imagine how it may sound now/when fully produced. I remember, when I heard the first version from the end of last year, I thought..."hmm...this is different." The version on the Final Noise tour for some reason, with just a few changes, blew me away. I did notice that for such a grand song, it wasn't too long. None of the new songs drag out too long. I could see some of them maybe getting a few additions to make it slightly longer (like ICBTFY), but I guess we will all see in a few months!

Answering the first questions about the songs in general...Well, you've probably heard them by now if you checked out the youtube links, but definitely amazing. They seem to pack punches and take no prisioners....but, still hints of that Eisley dreaminess. But that's just my opinion... Wink
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

"We Feel Good" is one of my top 3 favorite Eisley tracks, but considering that Sun Feet is one of the others, I'm used to my favorites not making the cut. Laughing I really like the ones I've heard live, though, and I know the others will be great if they can compare to those. I can't wait for the Buzz Oven show now.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
mattplayscheap
Sea Post King

thank you boyd it is always awesome to get the real inside scoop on things
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

boyd wrote:
"we feel good" isn't even in the running. The last person to have heard it at a show is likely - well, the last person who will ever hear it at a show.

That doesn't really surprise me. It didn't have the hype that the others did. It's still nice that they played it live a bit so that we can have a version to listen to, as it is a very nice tune.

Sea Post King

For the Record:

I'm so insanely jealous of all you kids with your nice little computers and their nice little sound cards. Must be nice to be in the know on New Eisley. (Oh, in case you haven't gathered, I have no sound card and can therefore not extol the fresh melodies of my favorite band on earth.) So you guys have fun with your little 'ear parties' and I'll just play make-believe and pretend that I know what they sound like.

If only there was sheet music for this new stuff, then I would learn to read sheet music and then I would know what they sounded like! Oh well I guess I'll just go back to counting down the days until April (when the album is suposedly coming out) on my orange, gold, and green color-coded spreadsheet and make like I never saw this post.

Crying or Very sad
mattplayscheap
Sea Post King

here's what I think...

I Could Be There For You- at first i was like whoa ok what's happening!!??
But eventually I began to realize that it was a true and amazing song!!!!

Taking Control- hmmm from what I can hear... it could be a great song!

Invasion- Awesome! Amazing!

I Feel Good- this is such a good catchy song... i rather enjoyed it so!

Like The Actors- its ok! hehe