Laughing City
nhlBENJI
Sea Post King

Okay, I have a question that I didn't see answered. If it was and I'm overlooking it, I'm dreadfully sorry. The question: On the erly posters, it looked like the band was going by MossEisley. Is this a reference to the Moss Eisley in Star Wars. Dum question, I know, but my brothers are huge fans of Star Wars and I gotta ask.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

If no one has said it yet, welcome to the forum!

There really needs to be an FAQ for this; I don't see one at the moment. Yep, Eisley used to be MossEisley, and yes, this is a reference to Star Wars. None of them are superfans or anything, but the DuPrees like the movies.

They changed it to Eisley because their lawyer advised them that if George Lucas wanted to sue over the name, he'd win.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
trunce
Sea Post King

Perfect example of the band's inner nerd. When I first found out this fun bit of info, I wanted to break out in applause. Props to them.

By the way, the wiki article on Eisley is a good source of info for facts that aren't in the FAQ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisley
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boone
Vintage Newbie

I think that since the town was called Mos Eisley and pronounced with a long o (Mose Eisley,) they probably posed the same threat of being sued then as they do now.

But I like just Eisley better. It was a good change. But then again, I prefer two syllable band names.

nhlBENJI
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
If no one has said it yet, welcome to the forum!

There really needs to be an FAQ for this; I don't see one at the moment. Yep, Eisley used to be MossEisley, and yes, this is a reference to Star Wars. None of them are superfans or anything, but the DuPrees like the movies.

They changed it to Eisley because their lawyer advised them that if George Lucas wanted to sue over the name, he'd win.
Thanks! That clears a lot up for me! You're a real pal!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Aww, shucks. I try. Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

I think they still should have stayed with The Toeheads but they are not all blonde anymore so it would not work