Laughing City
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

The5thavocado wrote:
she's onto something, mac...

But, we also have to remember how often people say they will do something, and reality is never as great as the response. (i.e. the garden gnome idea, all the people who missed prom...the BBQ.)
haha. oh dear...

this is a great idea. i hope it takes off.
forestdweller
Sea Post King

hey all!
ok few things i gotta say.
im going away early january and where im going to will be without equipment, instruments and recording software, for starters BUT....
i am still passionate about getting this rolling, so even if i can just help orchestrate some movement and chaos during the next week that would be great.
ordinarily i totally would be cool with being "manager" almost (which gives me the right to wear a black suit, eisley tie, eisley pin badges, a pair of weston's custom made shoes, not to mention a gold-plated room noises vinyl for my office) IF it werent for whats been mentioned in the above.

gotta say, only just heard the Winter Song. It almost killed me it is that beautiful.

so yeah. my time is ticking away, and im still passionate about a Marvelous Things Cover.

SO....

i have setup a dumping account:-

EISLEYFANS@YAHOO.COM

password = ladyofthewoods

inside the yahoo account is a folder called "Marvelous Things Cover," and inside that is a Clicktrack MP3 which can be downloaded to play along to so we all stay in time (the WAV version btw was 70mb to upload, so i said NOOOOOO!!)

Here are some links for either Free or Shareware Audio Multitrack editing software, so you can use the clicktrack to play along with, and then record your own tracks:-

http://www.simtel.net/product.download.php?id=75869

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/MULTITRACK_RECORDING/

Personally, to really get things moving, could someone Lay down a basic keys/piano track for Marvy A.S.A.P., and then upload to yahoo account.
I would be happy then to make a drumtrack, and obviously get a Laughing city pile-on with everyone who wants to contribute and have fun.

hope this helps
xxx

p.s. the clicktrack is 3/4 timing and 204bpm
p.s.2. just saw the movie Pan's Labyrinth. anyone else seen it?
p.s.3. to anyone new to multitrack editing, the idea is to use the clicktrack as a guide, within multitrack software. you then record your own sound recording layer, and then post ONLY your layer back to say the yahoo account.
p.s.4. you may need to convert the Clicktrack MP3 into a WAV file for certain Multi-track software, so here is a legal freeware download for MP3/WAV converter soft:-
http://www.brothersoft.com/mp3_audio/mp3_wav_converter/mp3_to_wav_conv erter_download_50354.html
Last edited by forestdweller on Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

forestdweller wrote:
hey all!
ok few things i gotta say.
im going away early january and where im going to will be without equipment, instruments and recording software, for starters BUT....
i am still passionate about getting this rolling, so even if i can just help orchestrate some movement and chaos during the next week that would be great.
ordinarily i totally would be cool with being "manager" almost (which gives me the right to wear a black suit, eisley tie, eisley pin badges, a pair of weston's custom made shoes, not to mention a gold-plated room noises vinyl for my office) IF it werent for whats been mentioned in the above.

gotta say, only just heard the Winter Song. It almost killed me it is that beautiful.

so yeah. my time is ticking away, and im still passionate about a Marvelous Things Cover.

SO....

i have setup a dumping account:-

EISLEYFANS@YAHOO.COM

password = ladyofthewoods

inside the yahoo account is a folder called "Marvelous Things Cover," and inside that is a Clicktrack MP3 which can be downloaded to play along to so we all stay in time (the WAV version btw was 70mb to upload, so i said NOOOOOO!!)

Here are some links for either Free or Shareware Audio Multitrack editing software, so you can use the clicktrack to play along with, and then record your own tracks:-

http://www.simtel.net/product.download.php?id=75869

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/MULTITRACK_RECORDING/

Personally, to really get things moving, could someone Lay down a basic keys/piano track for Marvy A.S.A.P., and then upload to yahoo account.
I would be happy then to make a drumtrack, and obviously get a Laughing city pile-on with everyone who wants to contribute and have fun.

hope this helps
xxx

p.s. the clicktrack is 3/4 timing and 204bpm
p.s.2. just saw the movie Pan's Labyrinth. anyone else seen it?
p.s.3. to anyone new to multitrack editing, the idea is to use the clicktrack as a guide, within multitrack software. you then record your own sound recording layer, and then post ONLY your layer back to say the yahoo account.

If I get around to it tommorrow, I'll lay down the chords to Marvy things. I'd love to add an accoustic drum track, but I just don't have enough mics to get a decent recording. I could do top notch snare though.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Whoops, I made a track, but to my own metronome's click (a tama rhythm watch.) I can still upload it, but isn't that great. I think a drum should be laid down first.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
unclearlies
Vintage Newbie

I might could lay some things down...but does anyone play drums in the forums that has a kit set up to record??? I think that would be the hardest thing to get since EVERYONE plays guitar or bass...etc

Plus I really think the song is in 6/8 and not 3/4 but it's still do-able..

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I could get a decent sound with overheads on my kit and heavy EQing.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I consider the track to be in 6/8 as well, but it works either way.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

so, are we doing marvelous things now? Because I already know the guitar to that.

And. I still kind of want to sing on a pinch of it...

if. yeah.

?

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I wanna do at least one of the "ahh" bits and choruses on "Marvelous Things." Very Happy

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

if only i had a computer mic. darn.
Mormon_seebs
Sea Post King

I've got a pretty good sound patch for the Rhodes, but if anyone knows the part really well be my guest! Smile Otherwise I can record it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

when this is all done will it be posted back into lc? because i think everyone will enjoy listening to it...

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic