Laughing City
รจ bella
Sea Post King

Hey, DuPrees!

I just saw the video, and I loved it! I think it looked very much like something you'd wear. Keep being yourselves. I'm so proud of you!

Love,
Dani*
JayDub919
Sea Post King

There was just something about the overall look that was just really...awesome. Keep up the good work!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
abductee
Laughing Citizen

So Cal Oasis wrote:
abductee wrote:
Bartman wrote:
I watched the video once at home on dial-up, smallest stream, but today finally got a chance to see the highest windows media version while at work (T1 connection). Big difference. I can finally see all the details. Great video, and yeah, Stacy does kind of look superimposed. Great effect even if it wasn't supposed to look that way. I love the immagery, all the party table perfectly arranged, forks and spoons in perfect straight lines, etc.

Will there be an opportunity to have a saveable version so I can watch it when not connected to the internet?

heh.. if you have the right software you can save the windows media file.

but the quicktime file is saveable I think..

right?

And where can i get the right software?

well.. I was wrong.. I have this old version of streambox, and I may be able to get it to work, it's supposed to rip streaming video from the net, and save it as a full file on your hard drive. However, I don't really know how to use it, and I think that the file format has to be one that isn't specific to streaming (aka, .asf or .asx...)... so it didn't work.. it simply copied the link as an icon, and that's it... which i'm bummed about, because the windows media version of the video is much higher quality than the quicktime version... Crying or Very sad

Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1640 | Location: California....
Stringless
Sea Post King

what an inspirational video... *sighs* I'm just regreting the fact that I no longer have my strings... Chauntelle is such an inspiration. You're holding your guitar as if it's wounded. So caring.
Squirly
Vintage Newbie

its me again! squirly, the one whos in love with sherri and stacy. this video is amazing, and their computer guy is right. the setting fits the video pefectly, laying about such evil in such happy enviroment. seriously frightens me.all 3 girls looked soooo beautiful too. i know this message is a little late in the responding , but yeah, oh wel.... I love u sherri & stacy!! Exclamation
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 | Posts: 5464 | Location: Galt, California
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Randle P. McMurphy
Sea Post King

I don't think anyone besides 'fans' read this site, but oh well I'll say it anyways. It's a pop video, nothing new, just the same old stuff. The lighting is pretty good in the video and all but it's just a video that's meant to be advertisement for a band. It's a great song, but where are we when the meduim of the video is only used for advertising a band and not making something unique and artistic, I mean there was a WIND MACHINE. The majority of the video focuses on two cute teenage girls (you can see how well it works by the comments made in the prior reply). The band is much more than 3 cute girls their brother and the boy next door. It just seems as though it seems as though the focus for this band (from those outside of it) has become fixated on the gimmick around the bad (ala the MTV piece). But they're not a gimmick band. I would just hate for things to develop into a pop band in which their music doesn't mature and grow.
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Randle P. McMurphy wrote:
I don't think anyone besides 'fans' read this site, but oh well I'll say it anyways. It's a pop video, nothing new, just the same old stuff. The lighting is pretty good in the video and all but it's just a video that's meant to be advertisement for a band. It's a great song, but where are we when the meduim of the video is only used for advertising a band and not making something unique and artistic, I mean there was a WIND MACHINE. The majority of the video focuses on two cute teenage girls (you can see how well it works by the comments made in the prior reply). The band is much more than 3 cute girls their brother and the boy next door. It just seems as though it seems as though the focus for this band (from those outside of it) has become fixated on the gimmick around the bad (ala the MTV piece). But they're not a gimmick band. I would just hate for things to develop into a pop band in which their music doesn't mature and grow.

Well, Boyd himself said that it's a pretty simple, not fancy... awww... why paraphrase when I can quote:

"It's a first video; it's low budget; the song is off an ep, not a single off a
full length; there are no big marketing dollars behind it. Manager, Dave
Holmes, simply said, "it's time to do a video". WB agree'd it was put on
the desk of a great WB guy I met at the shoot - (Devin). "

"Just so you'll know, this is an introductory video...low budget, but hi-
quality (shot on 35mm); most of the crew and videographers and
equipment were free simply because they loved the band and song so
much... and they just wanted to help and be involved, which is crazy."

I think the purpose of this video IS to advertise... to try to get some exposure to people who didn't make it to the Coldplay or Brand New tours. There will be time for art when there is money and support from the record label. Videos are costly.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
MacAttack
Sea Post King

Hey , i thought it was freaken awesome. Sherri please be my wife.
Best video ever! Laughing

JayDub919
Sea Post King

MacAttack wrote:
Sherri please be my wife.

My sentiments exactly. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boyd
Eisleyoid

Hey Randal,

I understand your concern. Don't worry...this initial, inexpensive, "meet
the band" video is just introductory. It certainly won't turn them into any
kind of contrived thing. And, Eisley's songs will define what genre' they
end up in...

btw. I'm real sleepy and wish I had time to do justice on this topic; you
bring up some points which I'd like to address. Maybe later.

Gimmick? It's too simple and void of concept - void of flash; too linear to
be gimmicky. And...the wind blowing thing...the band is outside.
(just where wind is; it would be different it were blowing inside...and
they were inside some stupid warehouse, rocking out with faces or booty
crammed into the lens) That's gimmick.

Cute teenage girls...yeah, well, ...they pretty much look the same no
matter where they are. Or whatever background they're in front of or
what artistry might shape the film. I'm really not trying to be a smart-A.
Honest. Just thinking outloud.

Advertising? yes...along with CD cover art, tour posters, T-shirts,
stickers, website, lighting at live shows, brand name guitars, on and on.
Don't get me started on this subject. 20 years in the adv/design business.

I agree that there's really nothing new here... I like the lighting. But, it's
a song off an ep; it's a low budget video. But it's a start... I respect your
comments. Sorry if i sounded defensive.
Thanks.

Boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
marshmello
Sea Post King

yeah i love the video to but i still dont get the grass on her knees
bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

marshmello wrote:
yeah i love the video to but i still dont get the grass on her knees

I was a bit shocked that they did that, too, but anyway... Confused I'm not totally opposed to the idea of a "live" video like this to introduce the band, but it's good to know that it's just that, and not a trend. It was a well-done video that was enjoyable to watch, but nothing more, really (and as Boyd said at the beginning of this thread and in his latest post, that's all it was intended to be)...
Last edited by bgburroughs on Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Stringless
Sea Post King

Greetings... I just can't help but noticed the comments Randle. But maybe that's how you see things. And it's your opinion naturally. What form of artirst to you want to see though? Do all artist need to be males? I mean... Eisley could've just been all boys... they're baby sister and a girl next door. Would it make a difference? I think not.

I'm sure they do what they do because they love doing it. And for the video and advertising... why not? I mean all it is is work being recognized. How else could they spread their talents? There are so many local bands out there that needs recognitions. Most bands from the Saddle Creek Record for example... Even Ozma... they all have videos... cuz they want to everyone to hear their compositions. It's not like the girls are wearing some "skanky" outfits flashing boobs and what not. They're wearing every day clothes. Simple.

MTV is too focused on... the Britney Spears... Christina Aguillera and boy bands. The "Indie Rock" genre is not really something that everyone accepts. It takes a lot of mind and appreciation to understand this type of music. Weezer for example... try to give tickets to those TRL kids when their "hash pipe" Video came out. But not a lot of kids wanted to see them. I mean if you throw Blink 182 tickets out there... they'd probably run out of tickets.

The Rentals... Bright eyes.. the faint... Ozma... even those independant artist from MP3.com... are such great artist. I've been hopping here in there in search of them... I'm sick of MTV stuff. And sometimes they do have something good. The White Stripes, The Strokes, The Sounds, remain true and DIFFERENT from the rest of the typical things that most kids/teens/ or sometimes even people my age are into. Whenever I see bands like these... I remember the Nirvana days. Kurt no matter what... remained true to himself... and flipped the majic finger to those who labels him as a POP artist. His music is nothing close to Blink 182, or Sum41... His is music is from a Fender that always out of tune and PA speakers that's sitting in an antique store some where.

Who knows where Eisley will go from here on. But as long as they keep making music that they're fans appreciates them for, the fans will love them more and more. And as time goes by... perhaps more and more people will appreciate them.

And I'm not just talking about Eisley as well... more undergournd bands out there...

Oi... just my opinion.

Like anything... Time will tell.

~Chauntelle~
I was thinking of reviving my acoustic with strings... but if I do that... I won't be able to study. Goodness... what a dilemma

Randle we all have our opinion... This is just my thought. Sorry it's just a long one. I could be wrong later on... We'll see what happens mate. Take care.

bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

I think Randle's point was just that he saw the video (or was at least afraid that it's being used) as a gimmick to showcase a few pretty faces, and he didn't want the band to establish that image. Correct me if I'm wrong, Randle... If I was in charge or was a member of such a band, I suppose I'd almost want my image to stay out of the public eye as much as possible to let the music speak for itself and prevent some people from tagging along just because the members are cute, and in turn, missing the wonderful music. However, I'm always over-serious about such things, and so I can't be trusted in such matters... Very Happy I think that the video is fine for what it is, but I do see where Randle is coming from, and I think Boyd does, too. The good thing is that we can have faith that the band isn't using their image just as a gimmick to snag more fans, but they're just trying to get themselves out there, and they're going to let their creativity steer the course, rather than just what the average MTV viewer wants to see. *End directionless rant* Wink
Zac
Sea Post King

I think that the video was great!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>