Laughing City
madcat2089
Sea Post King

well..... Laughing
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Should we look into any kind of "viral" marketing? I think we should do a physical show of force, but we can make a multi-pronged attack, too. Maybe fan videos, short films/etc.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I wonder if there could be Eisley air drops ... biodegradable creatures falling from the sky, promoting the new album.

Playing on the back of a trailer through a city (U2?).

Maybe take a cue from Midlake and have fan-made videos for certain songs?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I made an edit to the first post I'm excited about. So I think everyone should check it out. Very Happy

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

From that Shins article: "The idea of staging one has come up," says Erik Kowalski, manager of Milwaukee's Atomic Records. "But we have only had maybe one or two customers ask. There's never been an overwhelming cry for it."

I doubt I could get them to open at midnight for Eisley as Eisley has never even played here. But surely a store in Chicago could be convinced, and get some press. Attention: Chicago LC. Get organized on which store when this album is closer to being released.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

I wonder what city Eisley will be in on the night of the release?

Anyone who lives in the Tyler/East Texas area: Be sure to come to the Midnight Release Party at Hastings in Tyler. I'm going to try to get my hands on some merch and we will have plenty of CDs available. I'm going to make a huge deal out of the new CD at Hastings. Borderline crazy.

Oneiric
Sea Post King

I like the crazy/wacky/amusing ideas, but I think in all seriousness air time is what's gonna make this album fly (pun definitely intended). So I would recommend if you know an alt-rock (they seem to be taking a liking to Eisley?) or indie station in the area, or just one that plays that kind of music on occasion, request that they play Eisley. It doesn't even necessarily need to be the new stuff (although that'd be ideal).
So yeah, radio time. Request them (if you haven't already Wink )
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Oneiric wrote:
I like the crazy/wacky/amusing ideas, but I think in all seriousness air time is what's gonna make this album fly (pun definitely intended). So I would recommend if you know an alt-rock (they seem to be taking a liking to Eisley?) or indie station in the area, or just one that plays that kind of music on occasion, request that they play Eisley. It doesn't even necessarily need to be the new stuff (although that'd be ideal).
So yeah, radio time. Request them (if you haven't already Wink )

Very good point/idea. Even if we go whacky, we seriously need to include radio in our plans.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I remember part of emerge was to call your local radio station and request Eisley.

Poor emerge.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

why don't we all get a gun and kill as many people as we can.

then when we get arrested the whole world will know about eisley!

*oh...and yeah, wear an eisley tee.
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

What in the world is Flashmobbing?

My guess.. where several people take a combined effort to spell something out? In this case, Eisley, or "new cd" (if we can even use its title by then) ??
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

starnothing wrote:
What in the world is Flashmobbing?

My guess.. where several people take a combined effort to spell something out? In this case, Eisley, or "new cd" (if we can even use its title by then) ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashmobbing

That gets pretty in depth. Laughing

crusso
Sea Post King

jamiga wrote:

Anyone who lives in the Tyler/East Texas area: Be sure to come to the Midnight Release Party at Hastings in Tyler. I'm going to try to get my hands on some merch and we will have plenty of CDs available. I'm going to make a huge deal out of the new CD at Hastings. Borderline crazy.

Road trip from Houston! Anyone in the Houston area planning to do something? If not it's a possiblity that I'll take the 220 mile drive on up there, not sure yet though.
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

crusso wrote:
jamiga wrote:

Road trip from Houston! Anyone in the Houston area planning to do something? If not it's a possiblity that I'll take the 220 mile drive on up there, not sure yet though.

I'm in Houston.
I just lack the creative mind... or thinking right now...
So if you guys come up with something... I'm down.
Deadpoet
Sea Post King

Did anyone see the story about thoses guys that but up thoses lighting boards or whatever to promote a cartoon network show. They put them up on a bridge and the police thought they were bombs and all this junk. Anywho the show got more publicity than it ever have gotten otherwise. That's just a thought, I'm not saying we should go make 'Eisley fake bombs' or anything. Although that would be cool... Smile