92%
 92%  [ 50 ]
NO
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 54

Odan
Laughing Citizen

I like it when people use headsets.... but they're using their hands to hold the mic....

If you are using your hands... why the headset?

Same thing goes with people who have their hand to their ear when on Bluetooth....

Kinda defeats the purpose of handsfree, eh?

I am Canadaian leave me alone.

[edit] I forgot about the people who have Bluetooth/headset who are currently in conversation... but they are holding their phone with one hand and doing what I described above with the other hand... I'd rather just use one hand and hold my phone to my ear...

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

About 1980 everyone had to have a walkman cassette player. Status. 1982 a CD player. Status. Around the same time a cell phone. Status. A personal computer. Status. More recently iPod, status (even though most other MP3 players cost less and work better). Bluetooth, status. I think that most everyone gets by now that the initial wave of purchases on new technologies are people who think it makes them look cool. When a new technology comes out, it costs several times more than it will a few years later. And if this poll is any indication, Bluetooth will be replaced by something else in a couple years (because who wants to look like a knob)
Mormon_seebs
Sea Post King

I think for people who are one the phone a lot, it's practical. My dad uses one because he runs a business out of the house, so he can be anywhere and won't miss a call.
But if you don't have a job that uses it enough, yeah, you're gonna look like a dork.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
not running... hiding. we're busy hoarding bottles of water and sealing our homes up with duck tape.

i really wish i was near boston right now. or at least a boston paper.

oliez
Vintage Newbie

I was hosting at a resturant a year or so ago and a guy came in talking on his headset (as I always do, I thought he was talking to himself) and just walked around the enterance area for about 5 minutes then went and sat and the bar for a couple minutes then came back to the front and started talking really loud on the headset. He then started saying "This place has horrible service. I've been here for 10 minutes and no one's helped me. I'm going to talk to the manager." As it turns out a shift manager was up at the front with me and almost went off on the guy...as did I. She took care a him (took him to his table) because I would have thrown him out a window.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Sometimes I enjoy the redneck conversations I overhear while people talk on them.
-...just got out of jail...needs to go get a GED...
-...is pregnant again...how many is that?
-...how much further is it to the farm?
You'd really think that people would be opposed to talking very loudly about certain things. Confused

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
sea legs
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
Sometimes I enjoy the redneck conversations I overhear while people talk on them.
You'd really think that people would be opposed to talking very loudly about certain things. Confused

wow... sounds like Missouraahhh.

virb
Joined: 28 Sep 2005 | Posts: 2290 | Location: Missouri loves me.
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

42 yes
3 no

Ahahahahah.... Laughing
dial r for revenge
Golly, Poster

i england (i dunno about elsewhere) it's illegal to use a cell phone in a car unless you're using a hands free kit, so i guess i understand it then. my dad has one where it's like speakerphone and it plugs into the cigarette lighter but you generally have to yell when you use it which is a bit daft.

however, outside of a car, ABSOLUTELY NO-ONE needs a bluetooth headset. you look live an idiot on so many levels.

"dial" in Welsh means "revenge". If a welsh speaker enters an English phone booth, having paid the coin/phone card the next command the l.e.d screen throws at the customer is "revenge!" thus setting the tone for a confrontational conversation.
(thank you mogwai you are all nuts.)
Joined: 04 May 2004 | Posts: 564 | Location: bristol, england
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
-Samara-
Vintage Newbie

speaking about them.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_E4IxpnOirY
a very funny ad.

ohh erosion
Golly, Poster

my dad has one but its because he works for bellsouth(at&t whatever) and he's pretty much required to have one. that or they just gave it to him. but he never uses it in public areas, he always switches out the bluetooth when he's around people. but when he's driving, or in his office, or at home, he uses it.

so my dad is not a douche. lol.

and i didn't vote. so i'm not one of the three. haha

the things we did
the things you hide
for the record, it's between you and I.
Joined: 10 May 2006 | Posts: 554 | Location: west palm beach, florida
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

My best friend has one, and I love her, so I voted no. Rolling Eyes

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

-Samara- wrote:
speaking about them.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_E4IxpnOirY
a very funny ad.

is that the chick from home & away?

Vintage Newbie

sea legs wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

I'm hopin you're from missouraahhh...even though most people from missouri hate when people that end it with an "ah"....the sad thing is, it's all true. We have no shame.
sea legs
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
sea legs wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

I'm hopin you're from missouraahhh...even though most people from missouri hate when people that end it with an "ah"....the sad thing is, it's all true. We have no shame.

No. I'm from Missouri! Theres a big difference.

virb
Joined: 28 Sep 2005 | Posts: 2290 | Location: Missouri loves me.