Laughing City

Is a 20 year old too old for a 17 year old
YEAH YOU NASTY PEDIFILE!!! GO TO JAIL!!!
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
ehhh, its questionable.
25%
 25%  [ 10 ]
seems normal to me, but I dunno
35%
 35%  [ 14 ]
yeah man go for it.
35%
 35%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 39

Teh shane-0
Golly, Poster

Ok... I am 20 years old. She is 17. We have liked each other for a long time, and we you know tend to gravitate twards each other. But her mom... She thinks I am this nasty old man that doesnt have a life, and even hints at words like pedifile.

A pedifile a freaking pedifile; yeah thats me.

Anyways I talked to her mom like a month ago letting her know my intentions.

Here are my intentions as of a month ago:

To wait it out and see how things are going, hang out, talk on the phone some, but over all not much.

If something happens when Iam done with my training, I am down, and if not I am down with that too.

(btw when all my training is over she will be 18 )

She was like yeah you can be friends with her.

it seemed like a shoot down response but I was like, eh, whatever.

Today I was on the phone with her, and her mom made us hang up. Because I am a "bad influence". Ok yeah, the missionary kid is gonna turn your kid into slime.

Yeah and apparently I cant talk on the phone, or sit next to her in church anymore, and hanging out besides that is way not happening.

Am I crazy for thinking that is lame, or is it bunk. Way BUNK.

--edit, and by going out I mean like just the "couple" stamp, I havent kissed her or touched her besides normal friendliness, and I dont plan on it anytime soon.

soulfulleslielou: I just drive this bus, I don't what's under the hood
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
potato
Laughing Citizen

heheh i'm first

at first i was like hmmmm...a minor w/ an adult: not good
but then i thought some more it's really only 3 years.
at work today my coworkers were reading people magazine and saying how ridiculous it was that some 70 year old man just married a 22 year girl.
now that's wierd.
go for it
if nothing else you can have a rome+juliet thing going on that you can brag about later Laughing

homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

omg...no it's not too old Shain.

My last relationship I had a 4 and a half year difference with my ex,you don't even notice the difference to be perfectly honest.

Laughing Citizen

I'm 16, my (ex) boyfriend is 21...I don't see no problem if you are both mature enough to be in a relationship...I dunno about it being legal though...because where I come from, there were no laws agains it, but I think there are laws here...

PS: I voted go for it Smile

An apt and true reply was given to Alexander the Great by a pirate who had been seized. For when that king had asked the man what he meant by keeping hostile possession of the sea, he answered with bold pride.
'What thou meanest by seizing the whole earth; but because I do it with a petty ship, I am called a robber, whilst thou who dost it with a great fleet art styled emperor."
Noam Chomsky
Joined: 01 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1738 | Location: in this fake plastic world
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

and dude...a 20 year old with a 17 year old is hardly a paedophile so stop worrying
Vintage Newbie

why wouldn't it be legal? isn't the consenting age 16? and besides Shain is just talking about seeing this girl,right?nothing more and by the time he gets back she's 18 anyways

I agree if both people are mature enough than it can work..I mean it's only a 3 year difference,it's not like an anna nicole smith type story heh

Sea Post King

age of consent varies from state to state...i know in california the age of consent is 18...but i dont think shain has to worry because usually it's the whole "sexual relations" thing that is bad. i think the mom doesn't want her little girl to grow up and stuff.
Joined: 20 Dec 2003 | Posts: 380 | Location: San Francisco, Ca
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

thismirage wrote:
i think the mom doesn't want her little girl to grow up and stuff.

I know & agree,I spoke to shain the other day and thats definately the impression i got,it sounded like the mother was pretty controlling/domineering to be honest.

Laughing Citizen

homesick_alien wrote:
why wouldn't it be legal? isn't the consenting age 16? and besides Shain is just talking about seeing this girl,right?nothing more and by the time he gets back she's 18 anyways

I agree if both people are mature enough than it can work..I mean it's only a 3 year difference,it's not like an anna nicole smith type story heh

I didn't say it wasn't legal, I said I thought, but I don['t really know(or unbderstand for that matter Laughing ) American laws...

An apt and true reply was given to Alexander the Great by a pirate who had been seized. For when that king had asked the man what he meant by keeping hostile possession of the sea, he answered with bold pride.
'What thou meanest by seizing the whole earth; but because I do it with a petty ship, I am called a robber, whilst thou who dost it with a great fleet art styled emperor."
Noam Chomsky
Joined: 01 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1738 | Location: in this fake plastic world
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ali
since 1979

i thought it was legal at 17 in texas anyway. nah man, you're not a slime ball. if she was like, a year younger, i'd probably have serious questions. but if she's gonna be 18 soon anyway, that seems pretty normal. i was 19 when i met my gf and she was 17. there's like a 1.5 year difference between us, but i remember ppl making little jokes about her being 17. and now it's like so not a big deal.
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Florencia wrote:
I didn't say it wasn't legal, I said I thought, but I don['t really know(or unbderstand for that matter Laughing ) American laws...
I understand that and i wasn't directing anything at you...I was just kinda wondering.I don't understand american laws either heh...In australia the legal age of consent for girls is 16,I think for guys it's 17...now thats weird huh? Laughing
Sea Post King

yeah just wait it out untell she's 18 then her mom cant say much just be nice to the mom and just keep your hands off her tell she 18 then all will be good so dont stress. Wink
fav bands:Bright eyes,rilo kiley,modest mouse,dieradiodie,cursive,at the drive in,any saddle creek bands,eisley,the cure, the faint,coldplay, david dondero, azure ray,radiohead,incubus,moving units,broken spindels.

bands that should come back alive, AT The Drive In, dieradiodie
Joined: 19 Jan 2004 | Posts: 38 | Location: Murrieta,CA-Pinedale,Wyoming
Teh shane-0
Golly, Poster

her mom was neglected growing up, and has subconciously decided to make sure her kids dont feel neglected, which is really good. I can respect that allot. But she has gone pretty far into the athoritarian side of things.

Oh well, I will keep praying about it, and talk to her dad, he is waaaaaay more laid back.

soulfulleslielou: I just drive this bus, I don't what's under the hood
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kelly
Golly, Poster

My friend is 18 and I believe his girlfriend is the same age as me, 14.

not that it really matters but okay.....

I'd say go for it, though.
Finding your way around the mom though, don't know what to say.
Maybe tell her what your intentions are.

You're not a pedifile.

*ramble*

iLivejournal

VirbAGE
sometimes i make things to look at
Joined: 31 Oct 2003 | Posts: 860 | Location: orlando, florida
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

DrunkKidCatholic wrote:
yeah just wait it out untell she's 18 then her mom cant say much just be nice to the mom and just keep your hands off her tell she 18 then all will be good so dont stress. Wink

why should shain and this girl have to wait to please her mom?...where would it end? that would be giving her mom control over a relationship she's not a part of.Shain and this girl are old enough and mature enough to be a couple & shouldn't have to do things to please others imho

go for it Shain Cool