ride4Jesus
Vintage Newbie

so no one has the wet hand thing?
Joined: 10 Mar 2007 | Posts: 2482 | Location: San Diego, California
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

ride4Jesus wrote:
so no one has the wet hand thing?

When I'm walking, I have to have an even amount of steps, and it has to go from left foot to right foot. If it gets thrown off balance, I have to step on the other foot for a longer period of time before I can keep walking. If the surface of the ground changes (i.e., carpet becomes concrete), I need to end the carpet cycle on my right foot and begin the concrete cycle on my left.

It's sort of the same.

Joshmess
Golly, Poster

ride4Jesus wrote:
recently it's been called to my attention that i am somewhat of a freak. it all started like a week ago when i was cooking and i got one of my hands wet. then i said out loud that now i needed to get my other hand wet and i walked over to the sink and put my other hand under. my mom looked at me like i was crazy... so i am just wondering if anyone else does some of these things.

-if you get one hand wet, do you feel that you need to get the other one wet?
-lining up books on your desk so that they are parallel?
-books in your bookshelf have to go in order by height?
-cds cases by color?
-nail biting?
-consciously chewing evenly on both sides of the mouth?
-other strange behaviours?

all of the above
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I never step on cracks when I'm consciously thinking about it (all the time at uni).

I'll walk in a slightly crooked pattern, and vary the length of my stride to accomodate this problem.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ride4Jesus
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
I never step on cracks when I'm consciously thinking about it (all the time at uni).

I'll walk in a slightly crooked pattern, and vary the length of my stride to accomodate this problem.

i dont step on cracks either. and teddy i do the same thing too.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Or, if I'm driving, I'll normally wait till the song is over till I turn off my car.

There's nothing quite like screaming "Hallelujah" in your car with crooner Jeff Buckley in a garage quickly filling with CO2 (haha, just kidding, I turn it off except for the accessories).

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Or, if I'm driving, I'll normally wait till the song is over till I turn off my car.

There's nothing quite like screaming "Hallelujah" in your car with crooner Jeff Buckley in a garage quickly filling with CO2 (haha, just kidding, I turn it off except for the accessories).

Haha, I used to do that when I was delivering pizzas. People probably wondered why the pizza girl was in their driveway for so long.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

Haha, I used to do that when I was delivering pizzas. People probably wondered why the pizza girl was in their driveway for so long.

(Ahem) The correct term is Pizza Officer.

Pizza Girl is just a little sexist.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

EisleyForever wrote:
Saellys wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

(Ahem) The correct term is Pizza Officer.

Pizza Girl is just a little sexist.

Laughing One afternoon this mom answered the door and her young son came up behind her and said "Hi, pizza man!" before he saw I wasn't. I think he had been planning to say that and was really excited about it. I felt so sorry to have disappointed him.

But seriously, my Domino's had soooo many harassment issues. Nobody really cares.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is on a spectrum and everyone has it to some extent. If obsessive neatness etc. is interfering with you life and day-to-day happiness, then something should be done about it. If not... continue as you see fit! Smile
leighish
Vintage Newbie

i'm not happy unless my belongings are in neat little piles of chaos.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

The only things that are orginized in my room are my novels/poetry books (alphabetically by author), music books (by title), magazines (by title), and art books (by title).

As far as the wet thing, I freak out when one of my socks gets wet.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Pantheon4 wrote:
As far as the wet thing, I freak out when one of my socks gets wet.

I have to change socks or just stop wearing them. I can't stand even a wet spot. ha

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

I compulsively click the mouse when I am reading something online. And if Im on my lap top, I have to scratch the side of the computer.
I also have a nose twitch, and I HAVE to be on the same step with someone in front or beside me. Its crucial.
I also can't stand not hearing a sound when I think I should. Like when I think someone is supposed to double click a link on a site, and they single click but it still works so they don't do it again. it killlllllls me.

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
ride4Jesus
Vintage Newbie

i do some of things like that...i click my pen when i am listening to someone speak, i mouth what someone is saying if i already know what they are going to say, and i MUST have a fan going when i sleep. also when i start writing in a notebook, that entire book must be written in the exact same pen. ive gone entire courses using the same pen too.