Laughing City
ifer
Sea Post King

Indeed. It's a bright day.
boyd
Eisleyoid

Been following... how could anything so grim turn out so good? It'd be like... "OH, i cut my leg off on a rotary shiv!! help!".... i go to the doctor... my leg in a bag and me beside it... I go to the hospital and the reatachement doc say's there's no hope.... then 3 days later, nobody can find any evidence that my leg was ever cut off.... i walk to a private room and soon, I walk home. miraculous.

sorry. that was sorta crude. least i didn't include the part about the leg rotting.

Smile

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

thats awesome....
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

This is great. I hope things continue to go well!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JDRagz
Sea Post King

It's a miracle from God for sure. ^_^

Praise Him!

gRegor is doing pretty shnazzy. I haven't seen him in person yet, but I should this week.

Linkage: blog|xanga|myspace|deviantart|YouTube

Joined: 10 Jun 2004 | Posts: 275 | Location: Indianapolis, IN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Excellent. Tell him we all say hi!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gRegor
the gEek

Wow everyone, thank you so much. Sorry it's taken me this long to get on here and post a reply. I actually read through most of this a couple weeks ago, just didn't have time to reply at the time.

You seriously have no idea how much all of your thoughts and prayers meant. It was a humbling experience, hearing how many people - and degrees of people that I don't even know - that were sending their thoughts and prayers. I have no doubts that it all helped, and it was quite humbling. It's quite an odd experience to wrap my mind around, because I have no recollection of the event whatsoever, or being in the ICU (well, only vague snippets of some things there), I basically woke up in the regular hospital room after the drugs wore off and then started getting the whole story as people told me about it. I guess usually when you think of "near death experiences" you think you'll remember it, right? I'm glad I didn't, honestly.

I read about the "e-cardquilt" thing you guys contributed to, so sorry that won't be a surprise, but that's a really awesome thing and I look forward to getting it. Again, thank you. Smile

The forum they set up for me is still up, though you can't post to it anymore. I've been posting some updates on my blog, here, here, and here, and will post more as necessary. I'll check up on here, but my blog is probably the best way to contact me.

Things are going great, I've been back at work (I work from home) since May 29th; I'm actually able to drive again today, 4 weeks after the surgery. I've been staying at my mom's place out in the country and tomorrow I'll actually be moving home, which I know is a bit sad for mom (she's enjoyed having me around so much, heh), and honestly a bit weird for me... getting back to "normal" life, where I'm not surrounded by people (doctors, nurses, or family) like I have been the last month and a half. Next week I'll be at Cornerstone, even!

There was one of the nurses in the ICU, Michael, who was awesome and we stopped to say hello a couple weeks ago. He commented about how lucky I am to have such great friends - who were there like every day for as long as they possibly could be. He also said that I shouldn't worry about thinking about "how will I repay them?" because I can't, and to just be there for them when times are rough for them. I thought that was pretty wise advice. Anyway, at the risk of getting sappy (too late?), thanks again for all your support, and I recommend Michael's "pay it forward" style advice to everyone.

Love

Gameboybob
Vintage Newbie

dude, glad to hear that you are doing Ok now. very glad to hear it.

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=gameboybob

http://www.myspace.com/thegameboy
Joined: 01 Aug 2003 | Posts: 5453 | Location: Nagoya, Japan
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

no
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

so happy, once I read the rest of the thread.