Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
ali
since 1979

trav wrote:
objectivity is not something that seems to dominate this board

"i love you eisley girls" and "i can't believe you don't love radiohead like a mother" posts notwithstanding, i don't really agree with this. people here are very considerate of others' tastes and fairly open to others' ideas, in my experience. i also don't think objectivity is necessarily a requirement, as long as you can respect others' opinions and be fair.

trav wrote:
so dont jump on everyone who shows up here and isnt exactly in line with your tastes. It will make for a really dull board.

And Finally: take away emoticons (i know you wont do that) but honestly, they're really stupid.

i think the only thing people "jump on" here is undue negativity - not dissenting opinions.

ali
since 1979

gRegor wrote:
+ Ali: I'm not sure I followed you. Are you saying you subscribe to threads, and even though you click the link to check them out, they still show up under "view since last visit"? VSLV is based on your last logout time, so only if you logged in to view your subscribed threads could they be marked as "read". Uhmm.. if that made any sense. Confused Question

that's what i meant, yes. if i close the browser, then open up and click vslv, they're gone - problem is, they're all gone - ones i've clicked in email and ones i never saw. seems to be a browser session thing, although i'm not sure how phpbb handles this. i'm never asked to login, so i'm not sure what you mean by "last logout time" - every time i visit the forum i'm already logged in via cookie, i'm assuming.

thedarkdonut
Sea Post King

Can you possibly set the "Notify me when a reply is posted" to off as its default. Some people may just want to reply quickly to a post, but I somewhat think it's a hassle to uncheck that box everytime that you want to reply back to a message. That's all that I can come up with now. As I watch more posts I will probably come up with more things.
since 1979

thedarkdonut wrote:
Can you possibly set the "Notify me when a reply is posted" to off as its default. Some people may just want to reply quickly to a post, but I somewhat think it's a hassle to uncheck that box everytime that you want to reply back to a message. That's all that I can come up with now. As I watch more posts I will probably come up with more things.

that's a setting in your profile

thedarkdonut
Sea Post King

my bad. Nevermind about my last post. About the only thing I would like to see is a more diverse range of emoticons. Probably stated earlier.
Vintage Newbie

give me a forum bedtime so i won't sit on this thing all night posting! aghhh.... Confused
pvt.tucker.blue
Lost at Forum

Come on I swear I"ll make a great night of the Round Table

see???

I agree w/ the onsite avatars... but not the more emoticons...

I love my forum Mom
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 1310 | Location: VA, but I don't throw beer at the stage
MomentumShift
Vintage Newbie

ha ha dont worry about me...i have no idea how to add or make and av. or a cool sig...so i remain plain

Very Happy these guys are all i got going for me

gRegor
the gEek

pvt.tucker.blue wrote:
Come on I swear I"ll make a great night of the Round Table

see???

What? You've got no legs. What are you going to do, bleed on me??

Squirly
Vintage Newbie

lol, power to montey python
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 | Posts: 5464 | Location: Galt, California
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

To reduce the amount of people posting threads that have been done two or three times already:

Have a prominent suggestion that users use the search function to see if a thread topic has been started already.

Maybe it could work?

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pvt.tucker.blue
Lost at Forum

gRegor wrote:

What? You've got no legs.

Yes I have.

Quote:
What are you going to do, bleed on me??

it's just a flesh wound.

Yeah, sounds like the search option should get more use!

I love my forum Mom
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 1310 | Location: VA, but I don't throw beer at the stage
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I just sort of had an FAQ epiphany:

What if there was a standing FAQ module in he empty space up top below the toolbar thingy? (I know, there's an FAQ thing on that but wait ...)

That way, it could be setup like a tripod headline (maybe Boyd knows that one):
FAQ: (with minilinks next to it) Who is Eisley?/What are the lyrics to?/How old is ...?/etc.

That make sense? Then important things like "Look to see if your topic has been done before" things can go there. There can also be a refeshing little tips thing. You know, like in video games and such. (Hint: blah blah)

Work ideas. Maybe they're ok. Confused

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MomentumShift
Vintage Newbie

i dunno...maybe you should look at some other bands that have a slightly larger fan base than eisley...see how they handle newbies, like if they have a sectionf or them and what all does it contain. I know i saw a few bands that had Newbie parts of the forum and nobody seemed to mind...
trav
Lost at Forum

I already mentioned this to gregor but I dont know if he had a chance to look at it. www.saddle-creek.com/webboard/ is an overpopulated but very well operated group of forums. take a gander.
Joined: 26 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1125 | Location: Austin, Tx/ Little Rock Ar.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>