Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Music_Lover wrote:
Jessica wrote:
Thanks for sharing, but I'm saving myself for marria-- I mean, the album. Razz

haha, i got a kick out of that, quite funny, i thought about it, but since i've heard every song from the album live already, i thought clips wouldn't hurt the experience of listening to it all the way through...

Yeah, but you heard them in an acoustic setup ... Wink

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

I'm sick of Combinations. Have they started production on their next album yet?

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
negatiivethree
Golly, Poster

mm thanksalot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

oliez wrote:
I am a little disapointed with I Could be There for You. I used to love that song, but with the new version I don't care for it till the bridge's whoas.

You know what, that's funny you said that. I had the same feeling with ICBTFY (the Final Noise version was my favorite of all of the previewed songs, then I wasn't sure about the new live version at all). I'd have to hear the whole song, but the clip still had the mellow/rock-tronic sound I liked about the first version. I'm pretty excited about it again.

Anyway, overall I can't wait for the full versions! Smile
norad
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
I am a little disapointed with I Could be There for You. I used to love that song, but with the new version I don't care for it till the bridge's whoas.

I still like it.
jabberjaw_04
Golly, Poster

Gosh i'm so excited those clips just made my day
a week and two days left until Combinations comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I pretty upset about the Golly Sandra/Marvelous Things ordeal. Seriously, what the HECK!??!?

I was sooooo excited for Marsh Kings Daughter, that was almost entirely the reason I wanted the new album.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

hisownshot wrote:
I pretty upset about the Golly Sandra/Marvelous Things ordeal. Seriously, what the HECK!??!?

I was sooooo excited for Marsh Kings Daughter, that was almost entirely the reason I wanted the new album.

But it wasn't like it was the U.S. edition. I'd not really want to pay 10+ dollars extra just to get two songs. I'm pretty sure it's going to lead to being able to get those songs for a much better price. And aside from the tiny UK fanbase, no one over there knows Golly Sandra or Marvelous Things.

That's the problem with speculation. There was never official word that those would be the bonus tracks. Now everyone is let down over a nonevent.

hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

But it wasn't like it was the U.S. edition. I'd not really want to pay 10+ dollars extra just to get two songs. I'm pretty sure it's going to lead to being able to get those songs for a much better price. And aside from the tiny UK fanbase, no one over there knows Golly Sandra or Marvelous Things.

That's the problem with speculation. There was never official word that those would be the bonus tracks. Now everyone is let down over a nonevent.

Well I didn't think they were going to be bonus tracks, I actually thought MKD was going to be on the album (i'm out of the loop), and then when I found out I can't even get 'em anyway, it was a big letdown.

MKD was 95% of my excitement toward this cd

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
norad
Vintage Newbie

I have a feeling they will show up on some P2P program or on iTunes. Chill. You'll get your song some day. Look forward to that. Cool
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

hisownshot wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

Well I didn't think they were going to be bonus tracks, I actually thought MKD was going to be on the album (i'm out of the loop), and then when I found out I can't even get 'em anyway, it was a big letdown.

MKD was 95% of my excitement toward this cd

Ah. Well, I think there's plenty to be excited about still. As much as I was looking forward to MKD, it really doesn't work with the rest of the songs. At least it'll come out at some point, I'm sure.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Jamie lays down the damage control.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Jamie lays down the damage control.

If that's what you call thinking the album is just fine without MKD, and that it's going to come out at some point anyway, sure.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

It just seems that anytime something lame or disappointing happens relating to Eisley you always have some way to spin it. Maybe you are just a really positive person, but it's ok to be bummed once and awhile, =)

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

DRMS_7888 wrote:
It just seems that anytime something lame or disappointing happens relating to Eisley you always have some way to spin it. Maybe you are just a really positive person, but it's ok to be bummed once and awhile, =)

True, I am a positive person, but I think we also might have different definitions of what "disappointing" and "lame" are. As much as I am looking forward to hearing it, I don't consider MKD not being included lame at all, mainly because there are 10 tracks I find to be very excellent and not quite as cohesive with MKD (same goes for LTA). I just don't spend much time being disappointed or bummed about things.

"Spin" and "damage control" are generally terms for slick and often dishonest methods of denial. There are some people who seem to think that I have an idea that I have some self-appointed duty to talk up the band to protect them from the horrible fate that they are incapable shadows of their former glory (or have some laughable delusion that I'll gain status with them through it). I am perfectly cognizant of reality.

That seems a bit of a severe reaction to the one comment, but that runs deeper than one post.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>