82%  [ 43 ]
COMPLETELY.
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 52

Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

eisleyinlove wrote:
Marilyn Manson is an insane psychotic freak and he needs a brain transplant more than a breast implant.

Nah, he's just a gawky nerd boy with a death fixation.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

eisleyinlove wrote:
Marilyn Manson is an insane psychotic freak and he needs a brain transplant more than a breast implant.

This one isn't too bad, but we usually don't recycle threads more than a year old (unless they're a game/ongoing -type thread). It's mainly just to avoid confusion. Anyway, thanks for posting. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

eisleyinlove wrote:

Did you stumble on to this thread or did you just want to express hate?

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Paranoid Android v2.0
Vintage Newbie

He plays his role. He generates the sort of bizarre showmanship and theatrics that will win him fans, generally among the easily led young teen "outsiders" whose defiant cry for difference leads them toward such things. I can't say his music is any better or worse than anything else in the spotlight of stereotypes; he is selling his image far more than he is selling albums.

I have nothing against metal. There are heavy metal/hard rock bands that are producing great stuff, but I don't think I will ever count Marilyn Manson as one of them.

This is MYSPACE
Gee, Blog
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 | Posts: 4250 | Location: Up here in Connecticut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

I actually find some of what he has to say very interesting, though his music holds no appeal for me. I've seen him interviewed a couple times, and he's no airhead, which is more than I can say for a lot of other mainstream musicians.
Laughing Citizen

I love the episode of Family guy with him...all the good wholesome advice!
ride4Jesus
Vintage Newbie

im afraid of him. Sad
Joined: 10 Mar 2007 | Posts: 2482 | Location: San Diego, California
alastica
Sea Post King

Hahaha! Man this thread is funny.

Anyway, I've never been that into his stuff, but I think I should listen again. I've been pretty dang into Nine Inch Nails for the past couple years so maybe that'll give me more insight in his music. I've never thought he did too much cool stuff vocal-wise.

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

He's my quote.
Haha.
"The beautiful people, the beautiful people.."
And i dont like him very much.

ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

i'm a casual fan of manson. I don't think he's really against christianity or religion, i think he's just against people who claim to be but are hypocritical in their actions. but i don't know him and I don't speak for him.

as for his freaky image, its really not that freaky once you get used to looking at it...every generation has an artist which serves to create a divide between the older and the younger generation. Then the younger generation grows up and they realize they still arent' too different from the older generation. Elvis was an example. But I think all generations need something to try to differentiate themselves from their parents...I think its all a part of growing up.
ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

McKenzies wrote:
it's funny...
eisley and marilyn manson are like as opposite and far away from each other as you can get.

as far as image and approach goes...yeah. but i think they have more in common than not.

When you really look at it, they're both rock musicians, theyre both artists, they were both raised in christian families, they've both made art relating to lewis carrol's alice in wonderland (if you interpret marvelous things as such). I suppose they're both fans of tim burton and the nightmare before christmas. (he sang a remix). Also, sherri is wearing heart shaped glasses. Coincidence???

they just have drastically different approaches.
Anarr
Sea Post King

i love how creepy he can seem...if he didnt seem so creepy, he wouldnt be marilyn manson.

[flickr] http://www.flickr.com/photos/artache
[last.fm] http://www.last.fm/user/owlslikeus/
[livejournal] http://anarr.livejournal.com
[myspace] http://www.myspace.com/kkthnxby
TheAntrider wrote:
I'm inspired to quit doing drugs. So inspired that I will start doing drugs just so I can quit them!

keltica
Golly, Poster

Pity someone like Evan Rachel Wood is going out with him.

"Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω"

Joined: 11 Jun 2007 | Posts: 791 | Location: Ariccia, Rome - Italy
alastica
Sea Post King

keltica wrote:
Pity someone like Evan Rachel Wood is going out with him.

Because, you know, you know both of them and know for sure that she's way better than him. Rolling Eyes Wink

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
keltica
Golly, Poster

Naah - it's just because The Missing is one of my favourite movies Laughing

and when I used to be a Christian I couldn't accept certain outbursts of his. I still find them offensive and dislike them but Christians have been burning pagans for centuries so ...

"Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω"

Joined: 11 Jun 2007 | Posts: 791 | Location: Ariccia, Rome - Italy