Laughing City
alastica
Sea Post King

Haha, no just kidding. But the part in "A Sight To Behold" where the music cuts out and it's just vocals sounds a bit like part of "The Great Destoyer" off Nine Inch Nails' new album. I thought it was kind of funny-ish.

Listen fo yo self!

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Haha. Laughing(I hate Nine Inch Nails)
alastica
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
Haha. Laughing(I hate Nine Inch Nails)

Yeah, I'm hoping some people won't think this is funny and will just jump on me for "comparing" their beloved Eisley to Nine Inch Nails. Laughing

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

WtF!??!?! Nine Inch Nails is amazing! You people are crazy. . . Trent Reznor is a frickin genius. I generally don't express my opinion very openly on this forum... but what planet did you grow up on?!? Srsly!
liquor_up
Sea Post King

jamiga wrote:
WtF!??!?! Nine Inch Nails is amazing! You people are crazy. . . Trent Reznor is a frickin genius. I generally don't express my opinion very openly on this forum... but what planet did you grow up on?!? Srsly!
I second that!
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Wow, that sounds so bad when they're both playing at the same time haha.
Jessica
Sea Post King

On the clip you provided, the only notable comparison is that they both end on a gap, and on a similar pitch. That's about it. The rhythm is completely different.

johnip wrote:
Wow, that sounds so bad when they're both playing at the same time haha.

Laughing

Golly, Poster

they idea of harmonizing a chord and sustaining it isn't so uncommon...

i'd think somebody should do a mix of those together.
alastica
Sea Post King

jamiga wrote:

Oh I definitely wasn't saying I don't like Nine Inch Nails. They're probably about my favorite band. Refer to my last.fm for proof of this. Hah. I was just saying a lot of Eisley fans might think of Nine Inch Nails as ~*lovely*~ and grotesque from hearing "Closer" on the radio.

Jessica wrote:
On the clip you provided, the only notable comparison is that they both end on a gap, and on a similar pitch. That's about it. The rhythm is completely different.

Okay. Rolling Eyes

Chris_Mulder
Sea Post King

That part reminds me of Queen.
ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

i love nine inch nails. they're grotesque in an elegant and tatseful kind of way.

i read something about kimrtones being one of the first to see johnny cash's video of hurt..for some reason.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

they also ripped off pink floyd.

at the end of come clean you hear a whole bunch of kids that sound like they are playing in a school yard. just like at the end of another brick in the wall part 1. Wink

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

doesn't that happen also in exit music for a film by radioehad
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

and Copeland's "Holding Nothing Back"...

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Ten Cent Blues sounds a lot like Fleetwood Mac. Sherri even sounds a little like Stevie on that song. But I wouldn't say they ripped off anything. Sounds will come out similar here and there, and more than anything it is just a reflection of the large amount of music that is out there (coincidences occur due to the vast amount of chances for similarities to occur).