Laughing City
leighish
Vintage Newbie

Jessica I just wanted to break up this conversation to tell you that your sig animation made me laugh SO hard.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Jessica
Sea Post King

Admiral79 wrote:
Cameras should be allowed at all venues.

Now, recording devices is another issue all togehter. You definitely don't want people making bootleg recordings and selling them on eBay. That's just dishonest.

I hear ya, mate. But these days, how many cameras do you know of that don't have a recording feature? Most do. Mine certainly does.

leighish wrote:
Jessica I just wanted to break up this conversation to tell you that your sig animation made me laugh SO hard.

Smile I have another one that I'll put up later.

But yes, Wesley Jensen sounds great. I love his raspy, just-woke-up-from-a-nap voice. And Christie has that breezy, soaring soprano voice that seems embedded in the Dupree genes, lol.

Vintage Newbie

Quote:
Jessica wrote:
And Christie has that breezy, soaring soprano voice that seems embedded in the Dupree genes, lol.

actually, Sherri is the only soprano if she is even considered one.
All of us bounce around in the second soprano/1st alto range.
Christie has the lowest voice of all 5 of us, but she does do well in those high notes that she has to reach with her head voice.
I'm pretty sure that Sherri could hit the highest notes, then it would go Christie, Stacy, me, and Chauntelle.
The lowest notes would be hit by Christie, me, Stacy, Chauntelle, then Sherri.

did all that make any sense? Confused
Last edited by Kimbrtones on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

Kimbrtones wrote:
Quote:
Jessica wrote:
And Christie has that breezy, soaring soprano voice that seems embedded in the Dupree genes, lol.

Christie has the lowest voice of all 5 of us, but she does do well in those high notes that she has to reach with her head voice.
I'm pretty sure that Sherri could hit the highest notes, then it would go Christie, Stacy, me, and Chauntelle.

your family is so cute. Very Happy
ZooeyGlass
Lost at Forum

Kimbrtones wrote:
Quote:
ZooeyGlass wrote:
Back on topic, the opening set fit well with the mood/feel of the tour. I haven't listened to the EP yet, so I have no idea how the full-band arrangements would sound.

If you have the cd, you really should listen to it. He has a full band, and the cd really is good.

I've now listened to it and find you are quite right. The production is so lush and elegant; it sounds like a larger-budget recording than I expected. ("Forward" has the pizzicato strings and bells, &c.) I can definitely see myself playing several of these songs on my radio show this fall semester--that is, if I have one.

I don't see a record label mentioned on the album. Is he currently unsigned?

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
Quote:
Jessica wrote:

yeah, Christie has raaaaaaaaange.

Vintage Newbie

I don't think Wesley has a label yet.
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

In choir they told us that if we were comfortable at a middle C (on the treble clef) we would be a soprano. but I'm not sure where the line between first and second soprano is. I remember that as a first soprano we would sing high Gs & As as our highest note. and the second sopranos would cap off at a D or so.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
Quote:
Jessica wrote:

YES, =)

I always enjoy knowing things like this. I can't wait to hear how Christie's voice will mature over the next few years.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jessica
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:
Quote:
Jessica wrote:

Holy moly, really? When I was in choir circa 8th grade, I was an alto, and I can't sing remotely as high as your girls, so they all sound like sopranos to me.

I think there's a lot of [very nicely-done] falsetto in Eisley's vocals, now that I think about it. I just noticed earlier today that Stacy actually doesn't have that high of a voice; she's just really good at blending her falsetto voice with her real voice.

I can't recall Chauntelle's voice, which means that she's not singing often enough, lol.

Vintage Newbie

Jessica wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Quote:
Jessica wrote:

Holy moly, really? When I was in choir circa 8th grade, I was an alto, and I can't sing remotely as high as your girls, so they all sound like sopranos to me.

I think there's a lot of [very nicely-done] falsetto in Eisley's vocals, now that I think about it. I just noticed earlier today that Stacy actually doesn't have that high of a voice; she's just really good at blending her falsetto voice with her real voice.

I can't recall Chauntelle's voice, which means that she's not singing often enough, lol.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B4SfIsUpCP0 This is a decent example of a real soprano. Seems like she stays in full voice throughout the whole first piece.

EDIT: I should add, soprano voices really aren't that popular in pop music, so it's probalby a good thing the DuPree gals fit mostly into the alto range. It seems like the medium-low alto/tenor is the most popular (pleasing?) range for a pop singer.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Jessica wrote:
I think there's a lot of [very nicely-done] falsetto in Eisley's vocals, now that I think about it.

Nice falsetto voice -- Smokey Robinson. http://youtube.com/watch?v=09yPk8TAqXc
Jessica
Sea Post King

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Jessica wrote:
I think there's a lot of [very nicely-done] falsetto in Eisley's vocals, now that I think about it.

Nice falsetto voice -- Smokey Robinson. http://youtube.com/watch?v=09yPk8TAqXc

Niice. I was thinkin' the Beegees, lol.

Vintage Newbie

I had a vocal teacher tell me one time that girls do not sing falsetto, only guys do.
She said that girls sing in their head voice.
Has anyone else heard that it's not called falsetto with girls?
norad
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
I had a vocal teacher tell me one time that girls do not sing falsetto, only guys do.
She said that girls sing in their head voice.
Has anyone else heard that it's not called falsetto with girls?

Yeah, I was going to point that out earlier.