Laughing City
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

jamiga wrote:
Wow... way to bring down our high there buddy. Thanks. Appreciate that.

There there. Don't let one negative review bring down all the positive ones. Not everyone is going to love it, but so far this thread has a positive edge. Don't lose the positivity... or the negatives win!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
lazerbith
Sea Post King

yeah i think people have lost the idea of tact.
you can not like a song... but embellishing upon it is sorta unnecessary.
a simply "not my style" is good enough, no?
im glad im not in eisley, because that would've hurt mah feelings.

and by the way, people love carnivals.
thankyouverymuch.
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

Marsh King's Daughter is a nice song, but as far as Eisley tunes go it's not one of my favorites. Even just from this album cycle.
Laughing Citizen

i personally love MKD. it makes me really happy.

i think her voice also REALLY shines on "If You're Wondering"
she sounds fantastic.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

jamiga wrote:

LOL sorry,

Actually, what I think of when I hear this song is the old Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers dancing movies from the 30's and 40's. It really should have been made a duet with Chad singing the other half. Maybe this picture will bring some positiveness back to the thread.

[/url]
Last edited by Admiral79 on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
LadyJaneGrey
Sea Post King

I have only heard clips (Mad), but so far, I love this song. As soon as I heard the clip on the Hopes and Dreams video, I fell in love. I believe it could potentially be one of my favorites as well. It reminds me personally of Vintage People.
bLackeNedcrowN
Sea Post King

Admiral79 wrote:
jamiga wrote:

LOL sorry,

Actually, what I think of when I hear this song is the old Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers dancing movies from the 30's and 40's. It really should have been made a duet with Chad singing the other half. Maybe this picture will bring some positiveness back to the thread.

I could stare at that picture and listen to MKD for hours and have the biggest smile on my face. CHEESEBALL!

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I always think of this old, big ballroom and Sherri in a fancy gown with lots of dancing people ... crane shots. The band behind her like the jazz days. Maybe some anthropomorphic animals or objects ... yeah.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

I updated the pic Razz

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Admiral79 wrote:
I updated the pic Razz

Love that! Laughing
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

lazerbith wrote:
a simply "not my style" is good enough, no?

I can't really get behind that idea. Personally, I think it's interesting to know why people do and do not like certain things. It helps offer a better understanding of those people. Also, their explanations sometimes help me pick up on things in songs I might have overlooked which can give me a greater appreciation (or dislike) of that song.

My wife provides a good example. She and I like many of the same bands (thankfully), but we don't always approach music the same way. She tends to take into account lyrics far more than I do. Sometimes she'll say, "I don't really like this song" and I'll ask why. And she'll explain that she doesn't like such and such lyrics because they're disturbing, for example. I might not have even noticed the lyrics before because it's not what I hear first... but having her input gives me a new perspective on the song as well on her. That new perspective may or may not change my own opinion of the song, but I can appreciate having the chance to put more thought into it.

Granted, tact is important and I agree that there are nicer ways to say certain things. But overall, I don't mind detailed explanations about why somebody dislikes something.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
sea legs
Vintage Newbie

I love this song.
I heard it this morning when I was getting ready for school and it was definitely a pick-me-up. I was beaming. Mr. Green

virb
Joined: 28 Sep 2005 | Posts: 2290 | Location: Missouri loves me.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

sea legs wrote:
I love this song.
I heard it this morning when I was getting ready for school and it was definitely a pick-me-up. I was beaming. Mr. Green

Aww.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
Absent Minded256
Sea Post King

hands down i love the way sherri sings on this song. i actually sing too and this is the song that i [try to] sing for a warm-up
RhymeloveandMelody
Lost at Forum

love it.

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1152 | Location: San Benito, Texas