Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
olimario
Laughing Citizen

I love Eisley, but they sounded really off on Conan. I hope it didn't turn anyone off to them.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

olimario wrote:
I love Eisley, but they sounded really off on Conan. I hope it didn't turn anyone off to them.
I doubt it will much. I agree, they didn't sound anywhere near how they do live or even on CD, but "off" Eisley is still more than decent.
Laughing Citizen

GIVEM A BRAEK MANN IT WAS THE MIXING!!

UGH!
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
thebrightestfirefly
Lost at Forum

golly andrew wrote:

UGH!

some of it was mixing, but alot of it was nerves, i think.

and understandably so.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Nerves and mixing. They got their song out there, and 80% of the viewers probably didn't notice what we notice. We are fans of the band, so we naturally realize and can critique what they did better or worse than what we've seen previously.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Eisley did a great job. The sound was a bit muffled and dry, wish it could have been better. I have a weirdly rigged entertainment center. I have my stereo hooked up to my VCR/TV all the time for sound. I taped it at SP standard play speed which is supposed to give better quality but I found out after I recorded it that for some reason there's no option for Hi-Fi sound with SP, like with SLP and EP. Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing the tivo upload of it. Conan looked like he was mad at somebody at the end of the show and he acted like he was going to throw their cd at somebody. I wonder what that was about. And wow so many commercials before they played, I thought for sure the local station was running commercials accidentally over Eisley's appearance. They've done stupid stuff like that before.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

golly andrew wrote:

UGH!
I didn't really mean they as a band sounded bad, I just meant that because of the sound/mixing problems they didn't come across sounding as good as they do in actuality in a live or recorded setting.

Also, since my original question was overlooked in the initial excited aftermath, did it sound like they did something different with the chorus to anyone else? It sounded like they dropped a "you" and stretched out the first one to compensate for it.

EDIT: tragedienne just posted the performance on youtube. Talk about quick turnaround, thanks!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C-fbfJjWICg

Last edited by Mooncutter on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Mooncutter wrote:

Also, since my original question was overlooked in the initial excited aftermath, did it sound like they did something different with the chorus to anyone else? It sounded like they dropped a "you" and stretched out the first one to compensate for it.

Yeah I noticed something weird with that too.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Kayci
Golly, Poster

Uuuuuuuuuugh being on the west coast sucks... I have to stay up until 12:37 for the show to even come on, and then wait and wait and wait for them to play.. I'm tired.

The only good thing about this is that the three guys from Superbad are on Leno right now.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Come to the chat. Password misterpine

http://www.meebo.com/room/laughingcity2/
cdarbro
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
oliez wrote:
Jared x wrote:
I do hope they get to perform on another show in the near future though without sound problems.

... and what kind of show would that be?

Jimmy Kimmel has actual concert set ups?

Patrock: I actually work for Jimmy Kimmel, some of our guests are indoor on a small stage, some are outside on the outdoor stage, but that's usually for the bigger acts. All acts usually get some warmup/rehearsal time to get things dialed in. and to answer the question i know people will ask, yes, ive been trying to warm up our music director to the idea of having them on Smile it's not as simple as just getting whoever they want on the show, artists are also usually booked months in advance, and this is usually done quite ahead of time to tie in with album releases and such, though we do have some random ones on from time to time, usually more indie stuff than very established multi-platinum artists, etc, so, it's a possibility, not a complete no.
liketheact0rs
Sea Post King

they looked so goooooood! so good!
(loved sherri's hair a lot a lot)

and if i were a first time viewer of eisley i'd still be impressed with their performance. because yes, we LCitizens know how they really reaaaaaaally sound--and i'm sorry they didn't let mark (or boyd?) take control of the sound-- ..but come to think of it, who analyzes their performances more than we do? haha. new viewers are just absorbing all they can from eisley in like 3 minutes, while we have had eisley stimuli for like years. anyway, i really loved 'em and i totally felt their nervousness through my tv. they even got me nervous! Shocked but i'm hoping this will rack in some combinations sales in stores for them! $$$$$$$$$$$$ for eisley!

ps: so when conan does his little stand up in the beginning of the show, he does it in front of the band's stage; when i saw weston's drums, stacy's keyboard, and sherri's guitar.. i started yelling things at the tv "i know those instruments! i know i know!" (well those weren't the exact words) anyway i felt like a dork but then i was like "hey i'm just excited for eisley!!!!!!!!!!11111111"

boone
Vintage Newbie

Conan's sound mixer is one of the better ones in late night, but they basically all stink on toast. They have one rehearsal to get everything down, and haven't spent near the amount of time a touring mixer would have. But late night shows are very strict about who does the mixing on the shows; basically you have no say of how you'd sound.

But they did a great job. I thought they had great camera presence. Performing on TV is different than performing on stage. And they played the song well, which is what counts.

Y4J
Golly, Poster

I love this freakin band..

I've been away from LC for a while, time for me to get back into this mama jamma!

As far as the performance, I thought it was amazing.. Like always, late show (Like Conan) ALWAYS manage to get one sound and max it too high.. It seemed like the had the vocals a little too loud and it drowned a bit of the music..

In terms of the performace, it was awesome.. I'm so proud of all of Eisley for making it onto Conan. Hell yea.

Check out my FLICKR and leave comments!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28644084@N00/
Joined: 05 Apr 2005 | Posts: 829 | Location: Manteca, California
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it sounded like Sherri was straining a little too hard on the vocals.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>