Laughing City
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I noticed and was a bit excited about this prospect (taken from the interview posted a few days ago http://www.nbc5i.com/dfwscene/13900397/detail.html ):

Any future for the songs that didn't make the album?

Sherri: Some of the songs that we worked on that we didn't get to finish out in time, we might, the exceptional ones, work on again.

Weston: They might be better for an EP though, because they aren't as broad as they need to be.

Sherri: They are a little weird.

One of the reasons I got so into Eisley is that if you look at their full catalogue (including unreleased tracks that are just live versions floating around) they have some pretty interesting songs out there. I like the "weird" stuff they come up with the most.

I understand not going too out there for only their second album, when they are trying to establish themselves more...but for tracks like "Marsh King's Daughter" which seemingly weren't included more because it didn't fit than it wasn't good, an EP (even if its just iTunes only, if that's the most possible way of it happening) would be awesome! I'm pretty sure this time around, some songs suffered the same fate for that very reason.

They did it with HATS, Vintage People, and Tree Tops so maybe they will again before some future headling tour or something. I'm not expecting this to happen for another year or so, if ever, but it would be cool.
Last edited by Mystic210 on Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

I hope a "weird" track ends up being Lady Get Away. Does anyone know if that made it further than pre-production?
Vintage Newbie

Mooncutter wrote:
I hope a "weird" track ends up being Lady Get Away. Does anyone know if that made it further than pre-production?

I was just wondering that the other day. I lurve that song.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:

I was just wondering that the other day. I lurve that song.

Yeah, it's dang catchy. I certainly wouldn't object to hearing it fully done.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

An EP would be an excellent way to keep this album cycle nice and short, while giving a little breathing room for the next one. And it's a good excuse to experiment/get weird, without risking too much. I'd be all for it.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

Yeah, I think Combinations needs a little bit of "weirdness" in between the next album... I like me some weird Eisley.
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

If they release an EP they should wait a bit. I don't want to go through all this great music too quickly.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

sukieinthe_g wrote:
If they release an EP they should wait a bit. I don't want to go through all this great music too quickly.

Yeah, I was thinking an EP should happen around the one-year mark for Combinations. Maybe a bit past.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
redrubberball
Sea Post King

Pardon me, but how does one know about these songs? I've been coming to this site regularly for over a year and some of these songs I've never heard of let alone actually heard. Did you hear them live at shows? And is there any way one(me) can listen to them now?
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

redrubberball wrote:
Pardon me, but how does one know about these songs? I've been coming to this site regularly for over a year and some of these songs I've never heard of let alone actually heard. Did you hear them live at shows? And is there any way one(me) can listen to them now?

Last year, there was a set of demos called The Baby that was stolen off the DuPrees' computers and passed around online. A lot of people listened to 'em.

But for those that haven't heard them, there are some photos from the pre-production of Combinations that listed a bunch of songs on a whiteboard, and "Lady Get Away" was among them. Right next to "Go Away," which was confusing as heck for me. Laughing

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

redrubberball wrote:

You have to be a Premium member of the forums. Its ONLY 6 easy payments of $19.95. Free tote bag with purchase! (a $49 dollar value!)

And wait! Theres more! If you call in the next 3 seconds, we'll pay .5% of the total shipping cost!

ACT NOW!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

My Blackened Crown wrote:
redrubberball wrote:

You have to be a Premium member of the forums. Its ONLY 6 easy payments of $19.95. Free tote bag with purchase! (a $49 dollar value!)

And wait! Theres more! If you call in the next 3 seconds, we'll pay .5% of the total shipping cost!

ACT NOW!

Laughing Ohhhhh no, I fell for that with the U2 website. Never again!

Smokemonster
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

To me, that blackboard photo implied that they were at least rehearsing Lady Get Away, perhaps even a full band arrangement.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

I'd love to hear studio versions of Lady Get Away, Aristicats, and The Mainframe.
redrubberball
Sea Post King

Ok, got it. I heard about The Baby. Never did, and probably wouldn't, listen to it. I would be extremely tempted though.