Laughing City
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Kit wrote:
Isn't a bit early to try and breathe new life into "Kiss Me" given it was pretty much one of the most over played songs of 1999?...which was a mere 8 years ago. And this is coming from someone who has been a huge fan of Sixpence since 1994.
Some of the song choices for this album are really unusual. The one that surprised me most was "Amelie J'y Suis Jamais Alle" from Yann Tiersen's score for Amelie, which ended up sounding just like I thought it would Confused
Vintage Newbie

gRegor wrote:
guitarfreak217 wrote:
My Blackened Crown wrote:
patrock wrote:
My Blackened Crown wrote:
Oh...wow....exciting... Rolling Eyes

Suck it.

nah. So I saw their myspace, and they list themselves as hardcore.

That is hilarious. I actually laughed out lout for reals at that. Tryin to get a tough guy "i-do-ninja-tricks" image, are we, NFG?

No, but they have friends that can and have been known to kill people. And I know this for a fact.

Yes, like Sherri.
Evil Eisley Sherri, that is.

True true, double true. But they also have FSU.

Adam the Human
Sea Post King

Curse whoever started this thread for making me listen to that song/watch that video...although I do want to put that Paramore chick in my pocket...maybe break her out when I'm at a party or need to entertain little kids...she is a wind-up toy, right?

By the way, a word of advice...never say anything bad about Paramore when talking to certain members of Eisley...unless you want them to start shooting lasers from their eyes...I made that mistake last week and I still have burn marks on my arms...
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Adam the Human wrote:
By the way, a word of advice...never say anything bad about Paramore when talking to certain members of Eisley...unless you want them to start shooting lasers from their eyes...I made that mistake last week and I still have burn marks on my arms...

Yikes. I can imagine.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
liketheact0rs
Sea Post King

i think it would've been cool if eisley (or just sherri) made a cameo(?) and she and chad would be the adorable smoochers! awww..

(but not as super suckface as those other ones.. hahah)

and then stacy would be in the background slowly possessing everyone "one by one.."

Very Happy

RockerChick
Sea Post King

The only thing hardcore about this band is how hardcore they turn me off.

liketheact0rs wrote:

(but not as super suckface as those other ones.. hahah)
Very Happy

Seriously....sober people don't kiss like that hahaha.

I tried and tried, but I just CAN'T find anything I like about this pop-punk genre. It all sounds the same to me. I mean...you could play any of these songs and I wouldn't know if it was NFG or Yellowcard or Blink or TBS or any of those bands. I don't think it's the fault of the bands, though. I think I just don't dig the sound, cause after this gangsta $#@! rap, there's never been a genre that I have stronger hate for. It's like....just blanket annoyance over the whole lot. Evil or Very Mad Laughing
vintage_person
Sea Post King

My ears...

they no longer work. Crying or Very sad

Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Quote:
Kit wrote:
Isn't a bit early to try and breathe new life into "Kiss Me" given it was pretty much one of the most over played songs of 1999?...which was a mere 8 years ago. And this is coming from someone who has been a huge fan of Sixpence since 1994.

I think the songs were chosen partly by fan requests.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

I don't think a guy should sing that song...

but, about the album, did anyone notice that Sherri is featured in their remake of "It Ain't Me Babe" by Bod Dylan?
WindFromTheOcean
Golly, Poster

uncreative wrote:

but, about the album, did anyone notice that Sherri is featured in their remake of "It Ain't Me Babe" by Bod Dylan?

whattttt?!! Shocked

"As an artist... I feel that we must try many things - but above all, we must dare to fail. You must have the courage to be bad - to be willing to risk everything to really express it all..."
Joined: 16 Aug 2007 | Posts: 948 | Location: Cebu Rock City, Philippines baby!!
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

uncreative wrote:

You do realize that a guy wrote that song right?

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

guitarfreak217 wrote:
uncreative wrote:

You do realize that a guy wrote that song right?
No, I didn't realize that, but that's kind of beside the point. I said a guy shouldn't sing it, not write it. A guy's voice just doesn't work. I don't listen to other NFG songs, but the singer sounded like he was straining, and it sounded bad. Maybe he always sounds like that, in which case, I couldn't possibly listen to an entire album from them.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Adam the Human wrote:

Who in the world would ever say anything bad about Hayley? Shes so sweet! I'm glad the girls burned you... I hope you learned your lesson!!

Caley
Lost at Forum

Haha, I think it's a pretty cute and cool video at the same time. And I love that Paramore was in the vid too (cause they're a cutie-pie band).
Adam the Human
Sea Post King

Quote:
Who in the world would ever say anything bad about Hayley? Shes so sweet! I'm glad the girls burned you... I hope you learned your lesson!!

I didn't say anything bad about Hayley!! Chauntelle mentioned Paramore and I was trying to remember who they were and I had only heard that one song (something with the line "because I've gotten what I wanted now" or something...) and I just said I didn't really like it...and then Sherri chimed in with "yea well they're our friends" kinda fake-mean-like...and they all started talking about how Hayley is so cute and like less than 5 feet tall and that she can sing much better than Avril Lavigne (even though nobody had brought up Avril Lavigne before that...) and I felt really awkward as if I had insulted their mother or something (which I would never do, of course...hi Kim!)

Next time I hang out with Eisley I need a list of bands/artists that I can't say anything bad about...I hope they don't know Chingy...