Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

RockerChick wrote:
I don't think anyone was questioning Eisley hanging out with Paramore, cause that's irrelevant. I think it's an argument over touring together and if they would match musically. Which they don't.

A lot of the bands Eisley have toured with could fit into that category.
RockerChick
Sea Post King

Exactly my point. Laughing
Joshmess
Golly, Poster

vivalaspopie wrote:
I don't care for Paramore at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

Snobbery and bizarre mind sets have no bounds, no limits. What exactly is so "pre-teen" about Paramore's music? That it's fun? That it's catchy? Oh I thought Eisley's music was fun and catchy? Or that MTV has latched onto them? I guarantee that most of this hate towards them is directly correlated to their increased popularity. I find it amazing that on a board where people are saying that those who listen to pop-punk are close-minded, a great number are showing that same quality. Eisley has toured with New Found Glory, Taking Back Sunday, Hot Hot Heat, Coldplay. What is so different about all of those bands from Paramore? All of these bands have young fans and old fans. Are you embarassed to like a band that a 12 year old likes? I know that there are 12 year olds who like Eisley, and there are 30+ year olds. Any age will do. My brother, who is 23, adores both Paramore and Eisley. I think people are completely missing the point of music if the factors that decide that it's ok to listen to a band are 1. age of fan base 2. catchiness of songs 3. their popularity. A lot of people have connected to Paramore's music emotionally and the same with Eisley. and I'm sure their age has nothing to do with it. Hate Paramore all you want for logical things (that you don't like their music, etc.) but maybe give them a chance before passing all these ridiculous judgments. (Here comes the yelling...)

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
moonlightgaze
Sea Post King

I just had to post these:

yay for tea parties!
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

guitargirl wrote:
Snobbery and bizarre mind sets have no bounds, no limits. What exactly is so "pre-teen" about Paramore's music? That it's fun? That it's catchy? Oh I thought Eisley's music was fun and catchy? Or that MTV has latched onto them? I guarantee that most of this hate towards them is directly correlated to their increased popularity. I find it amazing that on a board where people are saying that those who listen to pop-punk are close-minded, a great number are showing that same quality. Eisley has toured with New Found Glory, Taking Back Sunday, Hot Hot Heat, Coldplay. What is so different about all of those bands from Paramore? All of these bands have young fans and old fans. Are you embarassed to like a band that a 12 year old likes? I know that there are 12 year olds who like Eisley, and there are 30+ year olds. Any age will do. My brother, who is 23, adores both Paramore and Eisley. I think people are completely missing the point of music if the factors that decide that it's ok to listen to a band are 1. age of fan base 2. catchiness of songs 3. their popularity. A lot of people have connected to Paramore's music emotionally and the same with Eisley. and I'm sure their age has nothing to do with it. Hate Paramore all you want for logical things (that you don't like their music, etc.) but maybe give them a chance before passing all these ridiculous judgments. (Here comes the yelling...)

Why do I not like Paramore? I listened to the whole new album (and the single multiple times) and I can't recall the tune of a single song, much less anything extraordinary or warranting another listen.
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

i agree that Paramore's music, uh, completely sucks, and i wouldn't like to see a Paramore/Eisley tour (though i don't think i really like any of the bands they've toured with, at least as openers — and i've yet to go to an Eisley show were they didn't headline because of it), but i just don't "get" a few of the comments here which seem to imply (or just outright say) that Eisley shouldn't be friends with them because their music completely sucks. shouldn't friendship about who people are as people, not "artists"?

oh well.

for some reason this thread made me realize just how exposed Eisley's life is! i mean, i can understand discussion of their music on this forum (even if it's critical), but discussing who their friends are, or should be, etc? i don't know... it just seems really... weird.
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
norad
Vintage Newbie

Paramore's music and lyrics are pretty average to below average. What I like about them is A) Hayley's voice and B) it's fun and catchy to listen to.
RockerChick
Sea Post King

guitargirl wrote:
(Here comes the yelling...)

I'm not yelling. Laughing Nobody should have to yell about anything. The fact that you (not you specifically guitargirl, "you" in general) dislike Paramore is irrelevant, and the fact that Eisley is friends with them is irrelevant.

I'm looking at this from a marketing standpoint.

Many of the bands Eisley tours with can be lumped together not only by sound, but by demographics. Obviously every band has exceptions in regards to age/race/gender/etc., but most of the time there is a majority. If WB was hardcore about selling more copies of "Combinations," they would send Eisley on a tour where they would be exposed to different markets/more people. Because those are potential record buyers that Eisley has not reached. If they catered to that group, the new record would go through the roof. (Maybe. Obviously I can't guarantee anything.)
live4love4jesus
Sea Post King

well said "do not be afraid". I agree with you...Eisley should be friends with whoever they darn well please. I also agree with patrock...a few of their songs are rather catchy and Hayley's voice is swell.
ride4Jesus
Vintage Newbie

i like 'em.
Joined: 10 Mar 2007 | Posts: 2482 | Location: San Diego, California
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

patrock wrote:
B) it's fun and catchy to listen to.

That's what I like about them. I've got room in my life for some fun and catchy.

Furthermore ... Has anyone stopped to think about how any bands that "fit" Eisley are either completely out of reach, or would create a completely repetitive concert experience?

Everyone acts like they've toured exclusively with pop-punk bands, but the NFG tour is the ONLY one they've done with pop-punkers. Also, after closer review, I can't even call Paramore pop-punk. It's quick, dismissive label.

Oh em gee, this is a lot of drama over a band whose relationship with Eisley is nothing but positive in every way.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gundamit
Golly, Poster

I doubt it will happen, but a Paramore/Eisley tour would be a good thing. The audiences would be large and predominantly Paramore fans. New ears for Eisley that would no doubt fall into instant like-a-lot with Eisley, if not outright love. Enough so that more CD sales and downloads would follow.

Just a guess but I'm thinking Paramore was in Tyler for just social networking rather than business.

Is it just me or does it seem like some of the Paramore boys are sporting comb-overs? If so I encourage them to just shave their heads or go for the plugs now. Wink

I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

I really, really don't understand what good it does to debate how good a band is. I think that, for some of the bands you don't like, the reason you don't like them isn't that they aren't good. It's that you just don't get them.

I'm not saying that there isn't a ton of awful music out there. But I am saying that a lot of times bands I thought were worthless turned out to be pretty worthwhile to me whenever I learned how to enjoy them. Surely this has happened to most of you? And if it has, it would seem that you should be very carefull making declarations about which bands aren't worthwhile.

Even if this hasn't happened to you, if a band truely is one of the bad bands, what benefit is there from telling anyone about it? Does it inform or persuade anyone who thinks otherwise? It doesn't seem to, but it does seem to bum their fans out.

On one of the other more interesting topics in this thread:
RockerChick wrote:
Many of the bands Eisley tours with can be lumped together not only by sound, but by demographics. Obviously every band has exceptions in regards to age/race/gender/etc., but most of the time there is a majority. If WB was hardcore about selling more copies of "Combinations," they would send Eisley on a tour where they would be exposed to different markets/more people. Because those are potential record buyers that Eisley has not reached. If they catered to that group, the new record would go through the roof. (Maybe. Obviously I can't guarantee anything.)

I agree 100%. (Although I'm not sure if the label is really to blame. Tours come when they come, and the label only has a finite amount of influence over that.)
We all know that people who like pop-punk like Eisley, but Eisley is also loved just as much by fans of more mellow sorts of music. And the chances of Eisley getting on rock radio seem small to me unless they first break into AAA or Top 40 or some other such market.
nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

gundamit wrote:

Is it just me or does it seem like some of the Paramore boys are sporting comb-overs? If so I encourage them to just shave their heads or go for the plugs now. Wink

in effort to stray away from all the paramore negativity (btw this whole drama started from just someone posting about how eisley and paramore are hanging out. whoa nelly. chill out. no one said anything about a tour. no one said anything about eisley changing their ways etc etc.) i would just like to comment on the above quote:

ive notice that younger guys are hiding their receding hairlines by having long hair and combing it over that way. not saying their hairs receding. just saying its something ive noticed and find quite humorous. cmon people. we all know what youre doing. just cut it all off. its hotter that way anyway

creation is salvation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>