Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

I read some funny little stupid interpretations. Like, Stacy was jealous of Sherri and Chad. Since yah know, Stacy is in love with Chad. Rolling Eyes Laughing It's a really hilarious "rumor" that was probably started through role playing.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

patrock wrote:
What about show "there is no cure I am sure for THIS ten cent blues"? Shouldn't it be "THESE ten cent blues"? It just doesn't sound right to me.

I think I remember some recorded banter about "ten cent blues" being from somewhere/meaning something, but I got a feeling it was an inside joke...Like something someone would have to explain rather than something deep to figure out.
ernixlopez
Sea Post King

no one will ever know will they?
"She" loves the record btw.
Completely. Very Happy
Thank you.
"So glad I'm part of it and that I saw it All."
Words can't express.
Maybe one day we'll get the chance to sort it all out.
One day far away when we are who we will be.
Only then I think will we ever be able to really know who the other one is.
It was a happy fit wasn't it? That squeal of delight.
It was love, man. Pure and simple.
Obscurity......(smiling and shaking head)...... whatever. Smile

rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

I think people enjoy interpreting lyrics sometimes. I'm guessing it's not always about the end result... but more about the process. In other words, the fun doesn't come from figuring it out but from TRYING to figure it out... if that makes sense.

Personally, I think analyzing and interpreting things (even if some of your interpretations are a bit off the wall) are good for the brain.

Of course, sometimes the words have zero meaning. I read an interview with Michael Stipe not too long ago and he admitted that many of his early songs were meaningless... he simply liked the way the words sounded together. I wish I could find that interview. -sigh-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
markr
Lost at Forum

ive read a similar thing about rem early songs
verdantmemories
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
I read some funny little stupid interpretations. Like, Stacy was jealous of Sherri and Chad. Since yah know, Stacy is in love with Chad. Rolling Eyes Laughing It's a really hilarious "rumor" that was probably started through role playing.

Yeah I heard that too...was wondering if there's anything to that...

http://sarahbrown.mymarkstore.com
Joined: 20 Aug 2007 | Posts: 38 | Location: Trying to find a way above the treetops...
Joshmess
Golly, Poster

i used to always think the song was by stacy about sherri?

i saw that rumor the first and last time i went on projecteisley to glance at it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

When I saw them perform it live last, either Stacy or Sherri said that it was a joke between the two of them (the whole song, not just the title).

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I think some people watch too many TV shows with crazy love triangles and cook up ideas like that.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

rmlawrence wrote:
I read an interview with Michael Stipe not too long ago and he admitted that many of his early songs were meaningless... he simply liked the way the words sounded together. I wish I could find that interview. -sigh-

was that, sir, in the recent songwriters edition of Q mag? Stipe meets Wainright. That picture is golden...

I'll see if i can take pics and whatnot.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
norad
Vintage Newbie

verdantmemories wrote:
patrock wrote:

Yeah I heard that too...was wondering if there's anything to that...

Joshmess wrote:
i used to always think the song was by stacy about sherri?
i saw that rumor the first and last time i went on projecteisley to glance at it

That's hilarious if you actually think there's any truth to that. Like I said there's like a 50% chance it was started in a role playing game and a 50% chance it was started by those stupid kids who post there and trash the band all the time. They have nothing better to do than trash the band and make up rumors.....oh yeah, and hack into their stuff.
sleepydusk
Sea Post King

that just weirds me out when I see it at projecteisley because they speak with such conviction and it's like "..how could you possibly know that?"

and also, just on the logical side: if Stacy was trying to steal Sherri's husband, why would she write a song about it and show it to Sherri. Or someone saying her "high bids" post was about Chad. Why would she make a post that Sherri could see.

it's so weird that they make this stuff up.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vintage_person
Sea Post King

"THIS ten cent blues" is perfectly fine. I didn't even think twice about it until you mentioned it patrock. She has The Blues. The Blues isn't really plural just because there's no such thing as the Blue. She doesn't have many blues, its just a feeling...The Blues. Its one thing. So THIS sounds more appropriate than THESE.
Saturnine67
Sea Post King

vintage_person wrote:
"THIS ten cent blues" is perfectly fine. I didn't even think twice about it until you mentioned it patrock. She has The Blues. The Blues isn't really plural just because there's no such thing as the Blue. She doesn't have many blues, its just a feeling...The Blues. Its one thing. So THIS sounds more appropriate than THESE.

I beg to differ.

I understand where you are coming from, don't get me wrong.
But when blues artists refer to "the blues" or "them blues" as their own, they never say, "my blues". It's "these blues"......"this blues" simply doesn't work. Not that it couldn't or shouldn't, I know what you mean, especially about the fact that the blues are one thing, one emotion, but seriously, it's complicated. Stacy might be a genius, but even geniuses make errors. Technically, since they're her lyrics, she can use incorrect english and she's still be right, because it's her song. Her ball game.

But yeah.

David = Beloved, Roy = King, Marsh = Marsh

So I am the Beloved King of the Marsh.
The Marsh King!!

p.s. check out my band if you're bored
www.myspace.com/celestialmischiefband
Joined: 27 Oct 2005 | Posts: 155 | Location: Battle Creek, MI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

lyrics are often intentionally vague, because thats what makes them interesting. That also means that often there is not a definite meaning to a certain lyric and maybe even the entire song.