Laughing City
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

We have this thread about every 4 months and it always has the same responses/point/counter-point/realizations etc.

Let's keep the tradition going!
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

golly andrew wrote:
We have this thread about every 4 months and it always has the same responses/point/counter-point/realizations etc.

y u gota brake bawlz?

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

golly andrew wrote:

I honestly thought I was having deja vu when I read the responses and kept reading the dates of the posts to make sure it wasn't just an old thread being brought back. Laughing
Binary Dragon
Sea Post King

Ok, yes WOOND can be used as a verb. However, in that case, it is the the infinitive form and not conjugated, which in full is "to wound." As such, the adverb would not be next to the verb, but rather would follow the infinitive (to wound brightly). To say it any other way (ie: to wound brightly) is to be splitting your infinitive, which is grammatically incorrect.

So as WOOND is grammatically incorrect when it preceded by an adverb, WOWND must be the word in question.

And to correct Sharpish from above, Wownd in this case is not a verb, but rather is being used as an adjective. Remember that adverbs can modify, verbs, adjectives, OR other adverbs.

Sea Post King

Since we're on the subject of pronunciation I've got a question. How is "Feist" pronounced? I just discovered her music and I'm just not sure how to freakin say it! I'm assuming it's like feast, but I dunno. Stupid question. Embarassed
norad
Vintage Newbie

redrubberball wrote:
Since we're on the subject of pronunciation I've got a question. How is "Feist" pronounced? I just discovered her music and I'm just not sure how to freakin say it! I'm assuming it's like feast, but I dunno. Stupid question. Embarassed

Fie-st
http://www.answers.com/feist&r=67
There's a thingy that plays it for you.