Laughing City
Catey
Lost at Forum

My brothers stupid ugly girlfriend watchs Te Hills and lurveeees LC.

If she touches Eisley, I think I may throw up. Her tastes are not for reals, like MCR got big here and she was lik "I LOVE MCR 4EVA" but thinks I'm Not OK is their first ever song.

PS Rock of Love was the best reality show EVAH and I cant wait to see season 2 to see more of Bret getting turned on by anything that moves.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Kylee Janai wrote:
bigideas wrote:
RockerChick wrote:
This show looks daft like Laguna Beach, but nice exposure.

yes, they are well off, but at least in LC's case, she seems to have strong morals and they at least never show spoilishness in her case. if they showed any characters whining because they don't have the new "x" brand clothing item then i would be out of there.

what really puzzles me is how Whitney always seems to be alone and not dating anyone.

Sometimes I wonder how strong LC's morals are. I don't think she is such an Angel as she can come across to be. And did you see that one episode where all they did was say what the people on the show were wearing and how much it cost? Each day Lauren wore clothes that were insanely expensive. I swear, a freakin' earring was like a couple hundred dollars.

no i didn't see that.
maybe 'strong' morals was too 'strong' of a word, but at least moralistic.
then again, it's heavily edited and not real, so who really knows.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

bigideas wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:
bigideas wrote:
RockerChick wrote:

yes, they are well off, but at least in LC's case, she seems to have strong morals and they at least never show spoilishness in her case. if they showed any characters whining because they don't have the new "x" brand clothing item then i would be out of there.

what really puzzles me is how Whitney always seems to be alone and not dating anyone.

Sometimes I wonder how strong LC's morals are. I don't think she is such an Angel as she can come across to be. And did you see that one episode where all they did was say what the people on the show were wearing and how much it cost? Each day Lauren wore clothes that were insanely expensive. I swear, a freakin' earring was like a couple hundred dollars.

no i didn't see that.

Yeah, these shows are heavily influenced by editing. I have a friend who was on The Real World a while back, and she told me they edited it to make it whatever they wanted it to be.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Clark
Vintage Newbie

The Afters did sort of the same thing a while back when they let that show "8th and Ocean" use their single as the theme song. And a TON of people discovered them soon after.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fueledbyjessica
Sea Post King

JBaker wrote:
I watch the Hills. Embarassed
They play some pretty good music on it.

ahahah i was thinking that same thing. its an addiction, i think. :]

"Baby, breakdown, go ahead and give it to me, breakdown honey, take me through the night, breakdown, now im standin' here, you cant see, breakdown, its all right, its all right..." - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 | Posts: 257 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
bigideas wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:
bigideas wrote:
RockerChick wrote:

no i didn't see that.

Yeah, these shows are heavily influenced by editing. I have a friend who was on The Real World a while back, and she told me they edited it to make it whatever they wanted it to be.

I remember you telling me that. I would be ticked, but of course they'd be like, "Hey, YOU are the one who signed up for this.."
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Kylee Janai wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

I remember you telling me that. I would be ticked, but of course they'd be like, "Hey, YOU are the one who signed up for this.."

Ha. Then they'd edit it to a huge dispute. Wink

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
kimtastic
Sea Post King

One of my favorite artists, David Condos, was recently featured on this little show...it worked very much in his favor.

I say, let's use idiocrity to our advantage.
Joined: 28 Jul 2007 | Posts: 103 | Location: Borough of the Greens, NC
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

Ha. Then they'd edit it to a huge dispute. Wink

you know one of the Real World castmates?
who?

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i bet its puck Wink

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Last edited by mr pine on Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

i just saw the episode, it starts on coming back from commercial, i think, and it's when spencer gets out of his car to go talk to heidi, and she blows him off, ha, yep...

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Regarding all this talk about the fakeness and the what-have-you... ummm... Have you guys not heard of the phone-in scandals that happened over here... about... 6 months ago? no? oh... the beeb were involved. the BEEB i tell you! if they fake phone-in calls (blue peter faked a competition winner. BLUE PETER! sheesh. That made me nearly cry, when i heard that). i'm incredibly sure that these programs will be faked just a little bit, too.

Regarding the playing of Invasion. It's exposure, yay! that's always a good thing. We don't have to speak to the people who may have "falling in lurrve", so why should it bother us? More people may become fans, and regardless of who they are or how they pronounce their fanship, that's a good thing, no?

Indeed, that clip could have been at least ten seconds shorter. That's ten seconds of Eisley. Goodness knows how much better 26 seconds is than 16.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
chichen02

bLackeNedcrowN wrote:
umm... ok this is really weird..
i watched the full episode on mtv.com and invasion did not play once, even on that clip with spencer going to visit heidi...

someone say im just crazy... but go see for yourselves

whattheheck. i know. i watched it, didn't notice it, went back and found the spencer scene and some other song is playing. Question Question Question
 |  | 
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

chichen02 wrote:
bLackeNedcrowN wrote:
umm... ok this is really weird..
i watched the full episode on mtv.com and invasion did not play once, even on that clip with spencer going to visit heidi...

someone say im just crazy... but go see for yourselves

whattheheck. i know. i watched it, didn't notice it, went back and found the spencer scene and some other song is playing. Question Question Question

The Eisley front-page says the episode would play twice with the song. So do they substitute other songs for subsequent reruns? Confused
keltica
Golly, Poster

what's The Hills, a tv-series?

"Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω"

Joined: 11 Jun 2007 | Posts: 791 | Location: Ariccia, Rome - Italy