Laughing City
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
$200? Just you? You must be flying in or something. Well, hope you enjoy the show.

i'm not flying in. i can't drive, and the only person i could get to drive me was my mom, but she doesn't want to drive at night (1 1/2-2 hours, depending on traffic), so we had to get a hotel room, and it had to be near enough to the venue that i could walk, and it had to gotten on very short notice. grand total? $150, or so. then, i had to get the ticket! since i had just shelled out $150 on the hotel room, i wanted to make sure i had one, so we ordered online — 1 ticket + additional "charges" = $30, or so. so, i'm down $180 dollars, or so, plus gas, food, etc, and then i'll be at the venue — it should total about $200 or so!

anyone want to buy an Epiphone Dot or EB-0? i can give 'em up, if have to… Sad… my banjo and Stratocaster ain't goin' nowhere, even if i wind up homeless!

see what Eisley has done to me? see?!? i'm like a drug addict, or somethin', sellin' off all my $#@! to pay for my "habit", and that habit is Eisley! i think i at least deserve a hug from Stacy, or something! right? Wink

edit: i typed all that out, and you edited your post!?! Evil or Very Mad
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
leighish
Vintage Newbie

well, eisley does that to people. I flew from saskatoon to toronto (a 4 hour flight) to see eisley. Booked a hotel room with a friend and then promptly left our tickets at our hotel which was not anywhere near the venue. Boyd put us on the guest list. aww.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
oliez
Vintage Newbie

i'm sure they'll be glad to hear what all you're doing just to see them, but remember

norad
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
i'm sure they'll be glad to hear what all you're doing just to see them, but remember

savelatin
Sea Post King

I spent $180 to fly into Orlando from Detroit. Well, I'm visiting friends but I scheduled it so I'd be down here for the Eisley show Smile I can't wait!

BTW, Boyd said in a recent journal that he was getting in trouble for taking pics at the HOB. Does anyone here go to the Orlando HOB often, and know if this is the case here? That'd suck to not able to take pics.
Xarisnon
Sea Post King

Yea i go off and on and you can't take pictures with a flash i believe thats what they say.
Joined: 18 Jul 2007 | Posts: 209 | Location: Philidalphea, PA
muchomundomuch
Sea Post King

so I have class tonight and can't go.
How much does that suck?
I'll tell ya!
It sucks A LOT!

do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

so, we're about to head off for Orlando, now! if you see this sexy hunk of man meat (i really need a better picture!) walkin' around Downtown Disney, or The House of Blues, be sure to say "hi!" or, "i hate you stinkin' guts you rude, creepy, perverted, bastard!" either way.
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
Xarisnon
Sea Post King

Not sure if you have the interwebs before you get to the show but ill look for you. if you see me http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v99/75/102/63401323/n63 401323_30235304_3897.jpg (i will wear this shirt) come on over. Funny thats at downtown disney. haha
ohh erosion
Golly, Poster

ugh i really wish i could've made this show. making me even more sad than i already am. Sad
the things we did
the things you hide
for the record, it's between you and I.
Joined: 10 May 2006 | Posts: 554 | Location: west palm beach, florida
savelatin
Sea Post King

What an awesome show! They played Head Against the Sky!
Xarisnon
Sea Post King

It was an amazing show. But I'm an idiot because I didn't realize that when they said "Come see us after this." they meant after their set. Sad plus I didn't want to lose my spot for mute math. So I didn't get to say hi to anyone. I saw boyd a bunch but he never got close enough to say howdy. O well both bands were rocking as usual.
Caley
Lost at Forum

Looks like ya'll had a great time! Very Happy

Quick question about the signing since my show is going to be at a HOB as well-- were ya'll given things to get signed or are you allowed to bring your own poster? I know HOB is very rule oriented so I thought I'd ask ya'll just in case one you guys brought a poster with you to get signed.

ohh erosion
Golly, Poster

I wanna see pictures!!

lol, last night i was eating dinner with my parents, and all of a sudden i said,
"Right now, Eisley is playing in Orlando. And i'm not there. This saddens me."
my mom was like "i'm sorry..." hahah

the things we did
the things you hide
for the record, it's between you and I.
Joined: 10 May 2006 | Posts: 554 | Location: west palm beach, florida
savelatin
Sea Post King

They give you posters to get signed. When I saw them in Detroit, they were giving out stickers too, but I didn't see in at the HOB. I saw people getting CDs signed, but I don't know if they brought them in or bought them there.