Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

SamuraiPunk wrote:
lifestoshort wrote:
the cardigans
that would be perfect
and they have to play in san antonio, tx.

is that band around any more?

Last I heard. Their latest album came out in 2005, and was quite good.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sharpenedminttea
Sea Post King

I would have to go with the many people before me and say Copeland.
I just saw them at Baylor a few days ago, and I was actually thinking,
"Eisley should tour with them."

Mae maybe?

boyd
Eisleyoid

cool read. some of the bigger bands on your lists are tough tours to get on... unless, of course, eisley were asked by these bands. Then again... we've been doing a lot of opening slots. i think everyone is struggling to figure out what to do right now... for next year. We've been out - all over the US several times over. Eisley's management doesn't want the band to be the most accessible band in history... (over-exposed) nor to be the best opening act in the biz. Not sure what we're going to do yet. Open, headline... It's important to be in the market and grow. Headlining shows are good. Timing is critical. The wedding surely puts a kink in touring. Well, that's life. And Eisley is all about the real world. WB isn't so stoked for the band to be out of market for 6 months but... oh well. We'll see.

Sundance Film Festival acoustic gig in January. That's all I know of right now. Will keep u posted. Keep up the suggestions and feel free to comment, give insight. thnx.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I bet we could get creative with ways to help keep Eisley out there, even without a tour. Must put on our fan thinking caps ...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
I bet we could get creative with ways to help keep Eisley out there, even without a tour. Must put on our fan thinking caps ...

Nope sorry, I'm uncreative.
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

boyd wrote:
Sundance Film Festival acoustic gig in January.

If under 21s (I'll be 19) can get in, I am so there. Very Happy

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kimtastic
Sea Post King

boyd wrote:
cool read. some of the bigger bands on your lists are tough tours to get on... unless, of course, eisley were asked by these bands. Then again... we've been doing a lot of opening slots. i think everyone is struggling to figure out what to do right now... for next year. We've been out - all over the US several times over. Eisley's management doesn't want the band to be the most accessible band in history... (over-exposed) nor to be the best opening act in the biz. Not sure what we're going to do yet. Open, headline... It's important to be in the market and grow. Headlining shows are good. Timing is critical. The wedding surely puts a kink in touring. Well, that's life. And Eisley is all about the real world. WB isn't so stoked for the band to be out of market for 6 months but... oh well. We'll see.

Sundance Film Festival acoustic gig in January. That's all I know of right now. Will keep u posted. Keep up the suggestions and feel free to comment, give insight. thnx.

My take on it is: Eisley seems to have a big enough fan base that they could do a very decent headlining tour or co-headline tour. It is hard to want to see a band that you love if they are always opening for someone else whom you may not know or may not like. They should book venues that are smaller in size (HOB being on the large side). This would allow fans to see them up close.

I loved seeing the energy that the band had at the signing table after their set when they were in town. This kind of accessibility with fans will do much to boost their appeal. A headlining show would allow them to stick around longer and not feel so rushed.

Get the street team VERY involved in promo efforts. This will at least put the band in people's consciousness because they will see and hear the name often.

One way to keep the band in consciousness even while not on tour are: release a 2-3 song EP, release a Live EP, release a video of some sort, and make all of these things limited editions in some way.

I have to admit that I am a fairly new Eisley fan, so you may have tried these things before. But there are my two cents.
Joined: 28 Jul 2007 | Posts: 103 | Location: Borough of the Greens, NC
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I was thinking an Eisley fan podcast/vidcast/video podcast could be fun. Maybe especially if Boyd and/or the band contributed a "letter" or "message" to it now and then. Or maybe the band should do a semi-regular podcast/vidcast/video podcast. Hmm ... Anything to get some exposure and prove they're still alive.

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

they could release a new album every day like ryan adams does.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
I was thinking an Eisley fan podcast/vidcast/video podcast could be fun. Maybe especially if Boyd and/or the band contributed a "letter" or "message" to it now and then. Or maybe the band should do a semi-regular podcast/vidcast/video podcast. Hmm ... Anything to get some exposure and prove they're still alive.

I like that. Very Happy
Now i need to get my creative juices flowin'.

My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

Marilyn Manson

kidding aside,

Death Cab for Cutie and New Found Glory

ALSO kidding aside:

Spiral Beach
The Format
The Horrors
Coheed and Cambria
Battle of Mice
Bauhaus
Minus the Bear
Rush
Weezer
[insert some n00b indie band here]
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Possible opening bands:

Minipop
Stars
Midlake
Mew
Iron & Wine

Co- headliners (some possible, some not):

Metric
Tegan and Sara
Uh Huh Her
Great Northern (their sound is very similar)
Keane
Feist
The Like
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Rilo Kiley (they have connections to Blake)
The Shins
Death Cab
The Bird and the Bee
Arcade Fire

oliez
Vintage Newbie

6 months! wow. but it's all for good causes.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:

Along those lines, the band could do a live 1 hour online chat with their fans, either via webcam, or accepting emails from fans during the period and answering as many as they can / wish to. Either would be fun. Probably what Jamie was saying, but I just didn't fully understand. I remember when the commisioner of baseball did this before one of the All Star Games, and I thought it was pretty cool. Of course he didn't answer my question about Pete Rose... Laughing
bruceleedisciple
Golly, Poster

Eisley and The Mars Volta Laughing

www.myspace.com/georgeproject

www.purevolume.com/jesusworshiper
Joined: 02 Sep 2005 | Posts: 674 | Location: los angeles california
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger