Laughing City
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I'm sure we will hear one way or another for sure in the near future, but I wouldn't be surprised if that DID happen (touring with Paramore and NFG early next year in the UK). Though, yeah, from what I see on TV I wouldn't be into that crazy crowd and would hope for a balcony venue! (though apparently it wouldn't even be in the U.S.) I have to say, I gave them a listen and really like several tracks from the most recent album (Paramore).

If they did that, then I could see that happening, a break for the wedding, then short opening slot late spring then maybe headling in the summer.

I'm not sure what all goes into this either, but what would also be a good idea would be to have some kind of several track EP/single to promote as well. By then it will be almost two years since Combinations was recorded and probably 8 or 9 months since it was released...With being able to record in Tyler, maybe with these few months ahead they will have something in the works along those lines of at the very lease an iTunes mini-release of unrecorded/re-recorded tracks (old fan faves reimagined or those "weird" tracks Sherri mentioned in one interview that just weren't finished in time for Combinations). Smile
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

thoughtlessbeast wrote:
thebrightestfirefly wrote:
banana wrote:
i think this is ANOTHER sign i should listen to paramore.. haha does anyone think they would ever tour together?..

i hope not. although i have respect for paramore even though i dont like their music at all(although ill admit hayley has a decent voice) id be kind of dissapointed if they were to tour together.

I would also be disappointed. I think paramore is lousy. they sound very generic pop-punky. i don't think they are doing anything new or different or even sincere. i'm terrible at talking about music so none of this might make any sense, but all i'm trying to say is that I don't like listening to them.
I don't think your terrible at talking about music. Eisley's music IS new, it IS different and it IS sincere!
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

I also really hope they don't tour together. Besides really not liking Paramore (like people above said, they're very generic) I'd also rather not have that type of crowd ruining my Eisley shows for me. They tend to be rather loud and obnoxious. I'm sure not all of them are, I don't want to generalize, but the ones I've seen...
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

If they do tour together hopefully fans of both Eisley and Paramore will show respect for everyone and the bands. It would really upset me if Eisley was singing one of their songs and kids started crowd surfing or "moshing".. whatever it is they think they are doing, because it's really unnecessary. Also, it'd be just as annoying if people are booing or something like that at Paramore. The way I think is, if you don't like a band.. don't watch. It's not like you are being forced to stand there and listen.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Kylee Janai wrote:
If they do tour together hopefully fans of both Eisley and Paramore will show respect for everyone and the bands. It would really upset me if Eisley was singing one of their songs and kids started crowd surfing or "moshing".. whatever it is they think they are doing, because it's really unnecessary. Also, it'd be just as annoying if people are booing or something like that at Paramore. The way I think is, if you don't like a band.. don't watch. It's not like you are being forced to stand there and listen.

Yeah, and the tour would probably only last a month or so.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:

Yeah, and the tour would probably only last a month or so.

Yeah, it'd be like just a little something extra. Another chance to see Eisley.
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

Catey wrote:
I don't get what the big deal is. Considering that both Hayley and Stacy are the same age and if you look it in an age way, they're going through the same things but maybe on differet levels so perhaps the songs aren't that different but are just presented in a different way.

Combinations has a lot of songs about love, right? And RIOT! has songs about love but because Paramore do it in a pop-punk way while Eisley do it in a...more mature and less obvious kind of way.

Whatever way, as long as the kids are happy that is what matters. It's good to see a band like Paramore who've been shoved into the limelight be able to be like normal teenagers and relax with people who have the low-key lifestyle that they used to have.
i thought this was a very insightful post trying to take an unbiased opinion on the matter.

kudos to you (not that you need my kudos to post stuff...)

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

The big question is.... WHO WOULD GET TOP BILLING?

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

Paramore? How about Para-no-more?

Just sayin.... Laughing
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

DRMS_7888 wrote:

Ha. Well, Paramore has cracked Billboard's Top 20 ... Eisley cracked 100 ... Though I'd hope Eisley would at least be the main support.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Caley
Lost at Forum

Kylee Janai wrote:

I was just at a Paramore show a week ago and the Almost didn't have any crowd surfers or moshing going on during their set, which was the opening slot. So I think if Eisley were to tour with Paramore, they'd have to be the opener because people are more mellow and calm then. I mean, you'd expect the crowd to be more interactive with the Almost, but they weren't... they were crazier during the Starting Line and freaking even crazier for Paramore, which was to be expected. So yeah...

I agree, if they don't want to watch a certain band, they can always show up later or leave earlier. But of course, there are always those kinds of people in the crowd that want to seem like they are a music god or something, so they'll just shoot their mouth off and learn that no one listening really cares about their opinion, which was happening at the MuteMath/Eisley show. This guy and his "brah" kept stereotyping Eisley before the show started... But he shut his trap when he saw that their were more Eisley fans around him than MuteMath, and we were starting to murmur about how some people must be a newbie at going to shows because you don't talk about bands you've never listened to like you're the almighty music critic. But anyways... every show has their handful of snobby people, it kind of comes with the territory, which sucks.

So yeah...

vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

TheAntrider wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

Ha. Well, Paramore has cracked Billboard's Top 20 ... Eisley cracked 100 ... Though I'd hope Eisley would at least be the main support.

ooh.. .sucky....

the only reason on earth I'd want them to tour together is
a)to laugh at my friend, who for months has been talking about eisley as "emo country" and likes paramore.
b) so eisley an paramore could have fun together

mebbe they should just take a trip together for a month without any gigs? just chilling?
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

vintage_snowflake wrote:

mebbe they should just take a trip together for a month without any gigs? just chilling?

how productive

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
deathlyhallows
Sea Post King

lazerbith wrote:
shes 16. or 17? her range is off the charts. she is mind blowing, honestly. ive never heard someone that young sound like that.
i would've loved them during my toothandnail phase growin up.
she just has good energy. you cant help but not be bored watching her.
haters.

actually hayley is 18, and she's dating one of her bandmates already Smile
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

Paramore's alright with me. I have to admit I heart Hayley Williams' hair.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>