Laughing City
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
patrock wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
patrock wrote:
A concept album about one big acid trip done by a band full of nice Christians from Texas? No thanks.

So are you saying that only evil people do acid?

I didn't think I was implying that. Confused Whatevah. Cool

If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor go home, then take all of your records, tapes and CDs and burn them. Because you know what, all those musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your life throught the years RRRRRRRRRRRRREAL $#@! high on drugs.

Oh my gosh. Why are you being so defensive/rude/crazy? I never said any of the things you think I did. Or mean any of the things you think I mean. I never claimed anything you think I have. Confused Why are you getting all up in my grillz all the sudden? Jeez. I made one small statement about how I don't think Eisley should do a concept album about Alice In Wonderland. I didn't mean anything by it nor warrant your assuming responses. But maybe I'm just assuming about you.

That was a Bill Hicks quote. Very Happy

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
norad
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
patrock wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
patrock wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
patrock wrote:
A concept album about one big acid trip done by a band full of nice Christians from Texas? No thanks.

If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor go home, then take all of your records, tapes and CDs and burn them. Because you know what, all those musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your life throught the years RRRRRRRRRRRRREAL $#@! high on drugs.

Oh my gosh. Why are you being so defensive/rude/crazy? I never said any of the things you think I did. Or mean any of the things you think I mean. I never claimed anything you think I have. Confused Why are you getting all up in my grillz all the sudden? Jeez. I made one small statement about how I don't think Eisley should do a concept album about Alice In Wonderland. I didn't mean anything by it nor warrant your assuming responses. But maybe I'm just assuming about you.

Yeah, that was my second guess. Thus the last sentence. I'm glad you're not freaking out at me over nothing. Laughing
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
patrock wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
patrock wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
patrock wrote:

If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor go home, then take all of your records, tapes and CDs and burn them. Because you know what, all those musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your life throughout the years RRRRRRRRRRRRREAL $#@! high on drugs.

Yeah, that was my second guess. Thus the last sentence. I'm glad you're not freaking out at me over nothing. Laughing

Why can't I freak out over nothing? Sad
I'm having fun pretending to be upset. Is that weird?

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
norad
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:

Because you're not a girl! Razz
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

Because you're not a girl! Razz

Not now. Wink
EDIT: This is the paret where everything gets too bizarre and everyone shrinks away from the conversation. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to the topic at hand... I think that they've written some good songs based on stories. I'd like to hear their take on Alice. But on the other hand I wonder what they could write on their own.

fragileaswelie
Sea Post King

Goodness gracious... well,
I was hoping for a response from Sherri herself. But anyway maybe just one more some influences by Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass would be amazing. I say one more because I think of "Marvy Things" as slightly Alice influenced hence, "i followed a rabbit, through rows of mermaid entwined shrubbery..."

We shall see... if they decide to do it someday, they know I'm all for it!! And no one can do it quite like they can. Very Happy Eisley always does things extra special. Smile

Back in the day Eisley commented on my myspace with the following:
'Somebody is sure you love
"the cat's pajama's".

thanks for everything no
matter what that means Smile'

@fragileaswelie
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

Pantheon4 wrote:
patrock wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
patrock wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
patrock wrote:

Love
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

i like albums where it doesn't feel like a concept until you really look at the lyrics and understand how well each song relates to the other. usually, when a band announces it's a concept album, it falls flat on its face.

maybe one "Alice" song would be nice.

My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:

That, in fact, you be the most epic concept album since 2112, I could see it now...

"I'm hearin' colors, man!" Very Happy

<< prev | goto page