Laughing City
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

creativeamp68 wrote:
do not be afraid. wrote:
i think the next single/video should be "Many Funerals", just because it's my favorite! is it "commercial?" i don't know! i don't care!

I agree. "many Funerals" has that awesome guitar riff in the middle of the subtle verses. When then keyboards, drums, and guitars take off...man! It sounds great live and is very alt rock.

Many Funerals is a great hard rockin folk dirge. The lyrics are awesome. It's got Sherri and Stacy sharing the first verse, the pretty bridge lulls then kicks, lulls then kicks again hehe. I think it'd make a great video.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
creativeamp68 wrote:
do not be afraid. wrote:
i think the next single/video should be "Many Funerals", just because it's my favorite! is it "commercial?" i don't know! i don't care!

I agree. "many Funerals" has that awesome guitar riff in the middle of the subtle verses. When then keyboards, drums, and guitars take off...man! It sounds great live and is very alt rock.

Many Funerals is a great hard rockin folk dirge. The lyrics are awesome. It's got Sherri and Stacy sharing the first verse, the pretty bridge lulls then kicks, lulls then kicks again hehe. I think it'd make a great video.

My only problem with MF is that I doubt that they'll get the budget to do the video justice.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

A Sight to Behold or Many Funerals. I love the 'harder' stuff.
Caley
Lost at Forum

Many Funerals or Taking Control... definitely. Those two songs are amazing-- I could definitely see (or hear, in this instance) radios playing either of those songs.
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

i really love i could be there for you. it would be a lovely video, come clean too! or combinations! woooooaahhh. love all the songs!
oliez
Vintage Newbie

lonelynation3 wrote:
...or combinations!

I don't think we'll be hearing that song for a while.

I think a video for I Could Be There For You would be insane.
norad
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
lonelynation3 wrote:
...or combinations!

I don't think we'll be hearing that song for a while.

Or ever again.
breathless
Sea Post King

Many Funerals would be A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. But as has been said, probably huge budget to do it justice. I can just see a lot of outlandish costumes and a scene on a ship...or the band playing on the deck of a vessel in a storm or something along those lines.

That said, a lot of the songs would make great videos.

creativeamp68
Sea Post King

You don't need to have a big budget to make a vid great. Love 'em or hate 'em (I loved them), I thought OK GO's vid for "Here It Goes Again" and Mutemath's "Typical" were awesomely done for such a seemingly low budget.

And the Duprees are VERY CREATIVE folks! I'm sure they can come up with something cool without breaking the wallet. Razz

Favorite Eisley Track of the Moment - Marsh King's Daughter
Joined: 22 Oct 2007 | Posts: 27 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

breathless wrote:
Many Funerals would be A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. But as has been said, probably huge budget to do it justice. I can just see a lot of outlandish costumes and a scene on a ship...or the band playing on the deck of a vessel in a storm or something along those lines.

I just started picturing some serious neo-Victorian steampunk outfits... sepia-toned visuals... lightning flashing... strange looking instruments... Oh man oh man oh man, I am officially campaigning for "Many Funerals" to be their next video.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

i really don't think a "Many Funerals" video would be as expensive as y'all are making it out to be! "Memories" from Combinatons was a similarly "epic" song, and they made an incredible video for it, on what i'm pretty sure was a nearly nonexistant budget — i think i even read somewhere they didn't even get Warner Bros involved at all? my brain might just be playing tricks on me, though… but, still, if they could have done it then, why not now?

here's another "no budget" (i think) video that i think proves it could be done: Minipop's "Like I Do." they're signed to a much smaller label than Eisley, and have sold faw fewer CDs!
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
breathless wrote:

I just started picturing some serious neo-Victorian steampunk outfits... sepia-toned visuals... lightning flashing... strange looking instruments... Oh man oh man oh man, I am officially campaigning for "Many Funerals" to be their next video.

I was thinking about Many Funerals when I watched this music video somebody made using footage from a steampunk animation called "The Mysterious Geographic explorations of Jasper Morello."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3xClKcJjA0

I made a video for Many Funerals but it's a work-in-progress and pretty lame. I might post it on youtube.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
Saellys wrote:
breathless wrote:

I was thinking about Many Funerals when I watched this music video somebody made using footage from a steampunk animation called "The Mysterious Geographic explorations of Jasper Morello."

Heck yeah, that's what I'm talking about... I was also thinking along the lines of the "Rhinemaidens" video. There definitely needs to be a sea monster.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

I had "Come Clean" as my profile song on Myspace and my friend left me a comment one day saying, "I really like that Eisley song "Come Clean". I don't really listen to them, but it's just so darn pretty." So, I think it would have a similar effect on the masses. It would definitely need a pretty video to go along with it.

Whatever song they choose, Andrew Huang needs to direct the video.
This should've been their video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMBatTd25ss

do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

Nowhere Man wrote:

sorry — i saw the original short on Sundance Channel once, and thought it was brilliant, but that video is just… awful. everyone here needs to see the original, and preferably, see it before you see that butchered version!
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>