Laughing City
bluewonder
Sea Post King

maybe i'm late in this, but i just discovered some recordings of even younger sister Christie DuPree singing on MySpace, and i'm blown away. i can't believe there's ANOTHER one! to me, she most resembles Chauntelle and most sounds like Stacy...yet not quite. how old is she?

i was also wondering if Chauntelle ever sang backups on any of the eisley recordings... i'm curious whether she will sing lead one day, or release any of her own songs...
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Christie sings in Wesley Jensen's "This Town something something Obtuse." I can't remember the title exactly. I think it's on his MySpace page though, and if it is, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Chauntelle sings on Combinations in "I Could Be There For You." The little "You'll never contemplate that I am near" verse.

whatupmyasian
Sea Post King

Yeah, both Christie and Chauntelle sing. Christie sings along with Wesley Jensen. Chauntelle actually sang a couple of times on the new Eisley record. Most notable ones she sings on is her solo on "I Could Be There For You." Also some back tracks on "If You're Wondering?" I think, and "Combinations." She also sang on a non Eisley track called "One More Day With You." I'm too lazy to find a link for you but yeah, they both sing great. Christie reminds me more of Stacy. Btw, Christie is the youngest of the duprees.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

whatupmyasian wrote:
Btw, Christie is the youngest of the duprees.

No, she's the youngest sister. Colin is younger.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
whatupmyasian
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
whatupmyasian wrote:
Btw, Christie is the youngest of the duprees.

No, she's the youngest sister. Colin is younger.

Check. Huh I didn't know that. Smile
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

True story: That old master teacher character (Pai Mei) in Kill Bill 1 & 2 was based on Colin. Tarentino met Boyd and Colin in a Best Buy in LA back when they were recording Room Noises. Boyd was buying video cables, as I recall, and they all got to chatting. I think QT mentioned it in an interview somewhere.
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
ks1990
Lost at Forum

Luke's Mom wrote:
True story: That old master teacher character (Pai Mei) in Kill Bill 1 & 2 was based on Colin. Tarentino met Boyd and Colin in a Best Buy in LA back when they were recording Room Noises. Boyd was buying video cables, as I recall, and they all got to chatting. I think QT mentioned it in an interview somewhere.

No s**t, really?
Caley
Lost at Forum

ks1990 wrote:
Luke's Mom wrote:

No s**t, really?

Wink

oliez
Vintage Newbie

Chauntelle also sings on Come Clean (during the bridge and the end (i guess the whole band sings the end)) and the harmony during the second verse on Just Like We Do.

Christie is on all but two or three tracks on Welsey Jensen's Pirates and Cowboys. She recorded a couple songs on his new ep that's coming out next year. I remember hearing Christie was in potiental talks with some people about doing her own record possibly, but the person I heard that was involved in trying to get her started is on the outs with the Duprees.
leighish
Vintage Newbie

ks1990 wrote:
Luke's Mom wrote:

No s**t, really?

ya rly.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

I know it sounds a little cheesy to say this, but it's just my true opinion, that Christie sounds like a combination of her three sisters voices.
And that def makes for an awesome voice Shocked
musicislove
Golly, Poster

Luke's Mom wrote:

woah, what?? seriously?

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
dangerous
Sea Post King

starnothing wrote:
I know it sounds a little cheesy to say this, but it's just my true opinion, that Christie sounds like a combination of her three sisters voices.
And that def makes for an awesome voice Shocked

Christie is the Super Dupree.
Joined: 13 Nov 2003 | Posts: 165 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Nice try, but Pai Mei was only in Kill Bill Vol. 2.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Envenomed627
Sea Post King

AND numerous other kung fu films predating Kill Bill Vol. 2 by decades. The character of Pai Mei is legendary in kung fu cinema. He's like batman minus the copyrights.

Sorry for the bump btw