Laughing City

What would you do?
Board up the house, stockpile food, and wait for the whole thing to blow over/try to create a cure (I Am Legend)
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Gather what you need and head for a pre-selected secure location (Shaun of the Dead)
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Climb into an armored SUV and roam the country, leaving the undead in your tire treads (Land of the Dead)
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Put your rations in a backpack, select a sturdy and portable weapon, and set out on foot (a story I wrote once)
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Die
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Other (please specify)
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 19

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Okay, here's the definitive thread on what you'll do when the dead walk the earth. If none of those options correspond to your plan of action, select "Other" and tell us what you're gonna do instead. And no, "I haven't thought about it" isn't an option. You know you have.

I, for one, will abandon my house--with three doors and two huge windows, that's just too many possible entry points to reinforce. I am torn between three options: building a high hide in the rafters of Home Depot or Lowe's, traveling eight hours to a friend's house in Missouri where there's a veritable armory of semiautomatic weapons and ammunition, or strapping on a pack and heading out on foot with a machete at my side. It will depend greatly on the nature of the zombies. If they're running, 28 Days Later zombies I'll pick the high hide, but if they're shambling, Night of the Living Dead zombies I'll head for the homestead or go it alone.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

I'd live out of my (stolen) SUV. And I'd stay away from cities. To many obstacles in the way. And I'd drive until I got to the blockaded military safe zone that most zombie movies seem to have.

Before I set out on my journey, I'd find a warehouse where I can make some modifications on my SUV I just stole (H2 maybe?). I would want armored windows, those tires that don't go flat easily, flood lights that can shine in any direction, a Bose sound system, and some long sharp poles fastened to the front bumper so if I came upon some zombies in the middle of the road I could drive through them without causing too much damage to my lifeline (my vehicle).

I would take with me a whole bunch of gasoline, a few fully automatic guns, or at least semi-auto if I can't find any fully-auto, some grenades, food and water of course, and hopefully another human being or two.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff that I would need, but that's a start.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I'll call their slave master, and let him know his property is on the loose. Problem SOLVED.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Head into outerspace and wait in the space station with supplies until things blow over.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

1. Nuke most of earth except New Zealand. New Zealand was isolated yet aware enough to suspend all travel in and out early on.
2. Convince the Kiwis to let you on a small desolate island as reward for nuking everything. Once you clear quarantine, live in NZ.
3. It's Business Time.

nevernever
Laughing Citizen

kulvir wrote:
1. Nuke most of earth except New Zealand. New Zealand was isolated yet aware enough to suspend all travel in and out early on.
2. Convince the Kiwis to let you on a small desolate island as reward for nuking everything. Once you clear quarantine, live in NZ.
3. It's Business Time.

Britt?
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

nevernever wrote:
kulvir wrote:
3. It's Business Time.

Britt?

No, it's Bret.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Head into outerspace and wait in the space station with supplies until things blow over.

That didn't save the poor saps on Asteroid M in Marvel Zombies.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
Tim Kim
Sea Post King

Gather a horde of people, weapons, supplies. Take control of a cruise ship and sail to another continent. Refuel, resupply, repeat. Very Happy

change is happening.
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 | Posts: 305 | Location: Sacramento, Caluhfournia
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Tim Kim wrote:
Gather a horde of people, weapons, supplies. Take control of a cruise ship and sail to another continent. Refuel, resupply, repeat. Very Happy

That could work. It'd be bad if any zombies snuck* on and hid until you were out at sea, though...

That could be the next zombie movie!

*Isn't snuck a word? Plural for sneak? Firefox is telling me it's wrong, but I like it, so it stays.
Andrew
Lost at Forum

Id pretty much do it like the group in the walking dead series. Travel to nearest high security Prison (huntsville) Take out all zomie/prisoners that are still there. Close gates and try to live a normal zombie free life. If you really want to feel safe you can even lock yourself into a cell while you sleep. Just need food and water which most prisons have an abundance of. Best plan ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
christopher is analog
Sea Post King

Lantz
Vintage Newbie

what i'd literally do:

find myself a blunt weapon and pack a small bag with some clothes and food. gather what friends i can that live in my dorm, take as much food and water i can find in the 7/11 downstairs. venture outside until we find an abandoned bus. drive the bus to the nearest gas station and fuel up. if the power is still up i'd google-map the nearest munitions store, if it isn't up i'd check the yellow pages. drive to said munitions store and stockpile on weapons. then call everyone i knew that were stranded and go save them, risky i know, but i just couldn't leave a fellow human behind. then we'd drive around the country stopping at different places to gather food and refuel and armor our bus.

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
gundamit
Golly, Poster

I'm definitely joining the zombies. The zombie lifestyle looks pretty easy. No more worries about what you're wearing or eating or hygiene issue. Just hang out all night with your zombie friends, maybe watch some TV, eat some snacks and chill.

Sorry but I'll forward this thread to all the other zombies, so we'll be all over your home supply centers, prisons, space ships and cruise ships. Wink

Vintage Newbie

Make a cool ramshackle costume, grab two crowbars, and head out to become the zombie slaying urban superhero.

Probably die soon after.

This is MYSPACE
Gee, Blog
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 | Posts: 4250 | Location: Up here in Connecticut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger