Laughing City
Caley
Lost at Forum

www.rollingstone.com/news/story/18725346/paramores_hayley_williams_on_ guns_girl_groups_and_great_bands

"Three Key Acts:

The Temptations: I grew up with everything from classic rock to the Temptations and a lot of soul music. My grandfather listened to a lot of Motown and old school — like, R&B and a lot of Elvis, so I really loved the fact that 'NSync was five-part harmony.

Copeland: The first real show that I think I ever went to was Copeland and they were playing with a band called Celebrity. There were probably 200 kids there at this little room in Nashville called the End. We were there every weekend seeing bands like Love Drug and Copeland and Celebrity. There was a time where Copeland came to the End three times in one month, and I was there at every show. It was amazing. I still miss those days, because it was such a growing time for me, just hearing new music all the time.

Eisley: I love Eisley's new record. They're friends of ours, and it started out just me wanting to support them, so I bought the record. And then, I was like, "Holy — this is amazing." The song that opens the record, "Many Funerals," makes me cry. They totally stepped it up more than a few notches for this record."

Just thought I'd bring it on over.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ks1990
Lost at Forum

Ah, that's so great of her to bring up Eisley.
jazlyn
Sea Post King

What a sweet thing to say.
Absolutely True.

whatupmyasian
Sea Post King

That's awesome! Didn't the drummer say something to? Sorry, I don't know his name.

Is Paramore a good band? lol I have like 5 songs from them, but they haven't convince me to buy any of their albums yet. I just purchased Born For This on Itunes the other day. Really good song.
lucia
Sea Post King

whatupmyasian wrote:
That's awesome! Didn't the drummer say something to? Sorry, I don't know his name.

Is Paramore a good band? lol I have like 5 songs from them, but they haven't convince me to buy any of their albums yet. I just purchased Born For This on Itunes the other day. Really good song.

I like them and I consider them one of my favorite bands, but not my absolute favorites. The good thing about their songs is that they're relatable, at least to me, maybe that's why I like them. Don't mind the singles, Misery Business and Crushcrushcrush are actually my least favorite songs by them. I can't bring myself to listen to that second one haha. They have some really good songs, though. I recommend Brighter (one of my favorite songs ever and the one that made me fall in love with them), For A Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic, Conspiracy, Emergency, We Are Broken, Let The Flames Begin, Stop This Song and That's What You Get. And Whoa always makes me wanna dance, although I wouldn't count it as a favorite. And also Born For This, but you already downloaded that one Smile
That's my take, though, some people might have different opinions but that's fine Smile I say they're worth checking out. May not be the best band ever, but they're pretty good, in my opinion.

Oh and that's really cool that Hayley mentioned Eisley Smile

whatupmyasian
Sea Post King

lucia wrote:
whatupmyasian wrote:

I like them and I consider them one of my favorite bands, but not my absolute favorites. The good thing about their songs is that they're relatable, at least to me, maybe that's why I like them. Don't mind the singles, Misery Business and Crushcrushcrush are actually my least favorite songs by them. I can't bring myself to listen to that second one haha. They have some really good songs, though. I recommend Brighter (one of my favorite songs ever and the one that made me fall in love with them), For A Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic, Conspiracy, Emergency, We Are Broken, Let The Flames Begin, Stop This Song and That's What You Get. And Whoa always makes me wanna dance, although I wouldn't count it as a favorite. And also Born For This, but you already downloaded that one Smile
That's my take, though, some people might have different opinions but that's fine Smile I say they're worth checking out. May not be the best band ever, but they're pretty good, in my opinion.

Oh and that's really cool that Hayley mentioned Eisley Smile

I don't want to turn this into a Paramore thread, but I definitely can't stant Misery Business too. That song is way too over played, but I love CrushCrushCrush. My friend has both their albums so I'll probably ask to borrow them, although she downloaded them illegally so I don't know how that's going to work out. Maybe I'll just download the remaining songs off Itunes. So far I have Emergency, Misery Business, CrushCrushCrush, Born For This, and My Hero. All good songs.
alinicole
Sea Post King

While we're talking about Paramore/Eisley...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZNtG1IOCis

Forward to about 0:57

recognize the song playing on the bus in the background? Razz
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

tragedienne wrote:

sweet.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
katiemae
Sea Post King

tragedienne wrote:

Whoa, i've watched that video before but i never noticed the song playing. So thanks for pointing that out!
Joined: 26 Dec 2007 | Posts: 26 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Caley
Lost at Forum

whatupmyasian wrote:

Their debut CD (All We Know Is Falling) is my favorite of theirs. All of the songs on that album I can listen to over and over again, especially the latter half.

And the "interview" was done only by Hayley. Are you thinking of the vid where Zac and Hayley do their top 10 favorite albums of 2007?

whatupmyasian
Sea Post King

Caley wrote:
whatupmyasian wrote:

Their debut CD (All We Know Is Falling) is my favorite of theirs. All of the songs on that album I can listen to over and over again, especially the latter half.

And the "interview" was done only by Hayley. Are you thinking of the vid where Zac and Hayley do their top 10 favorite albums of 2007?

Yeah. I was referring to that vid. I wonder what Hayley will say about Eisley's future third album lol.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

tragedienne wrote:

My favorite song from Combinations. Good taste. Smile
savannah64
Sea Post King

Hey, that's sweet! Hayley is cool. Smile
sootandstars
Sea Post King

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
tragedienne wrote:

My favorite song from Combinations. Good taste. Smile

huh, i can't hear it well enough to recognize it. What's the song?

It's Ten Cent Blues...for future reference.

Look each other in the eye
Last edited by sootandstars on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total