Laughing City

What kind of animal should my next pet be?
Guinea pig!
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Rabbit :)
45%
 45%  [ 14 ]
other...?
45%
 45%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 31

Chris_Mulder
Sea Post King

kLafied wrote:
Buy another hamster! I always feel bad when people buy one animal that has to be kept in a cage. I feel like they get lonely haha.

I had mice as a kid, three of them, and one of them ate the other two. It was disturbing.

Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Don't discount dogs so fast. Just because you're out a lot doesn't mean they can't still be happy with you. My dog is alone for about 8 hours a day and loves it, she just lays around like the queen of the house. It all depends on the breed. I just can't see something separated from you by a cage loving you back like a dog does.
Sea Post King

Cats are the best if you're looking for something small and furry, and also if your apt. allows them. Since you'll be out they have a litter box to go in. They also enjoy their alone time, but when you come home they get all excited. I think they're the best pets to have, and I'm so glad I'm not allergic to them because I couldn't live without a cat.
norad
Vintage Newbie

pollyanna87 wrote:
Cats are the best if you're looking for something small and furry, and also if your apt. allows them. Since you'll be out they have a litter box to go in. They also enjoy their alone time, but when you come home they get all excited. I think they're the best pets to have, and I'm so glad I'm not allergic to them because I couldn't live without a cat.

Word! I loooove my cats so much.
mellon collie
Sea Post King

i've had guinea pigs and rabbits, and my sister had hamsters.
rabbits were the worst. one of them would chew the other one's fur off all the time.

well since you got a hamster, my advice is don't put it in your bedroom or where you can her it at night. they like to run on their wheels all night!

RachelDldy
Sea Post King

kLafied wrote:
RachelDldy wrote:
I heard about a ferret eating a baby's toes once... freaked me out. I know any animal could do this, but it's stuck with me

I went to the petstore tonight and the rabbits were cute but not interested in me. The guinea pigs were mean to each other! One was kinda cute, but eh.

So I got a short-haired hamster... he was huddled in the corner by himself... SO cute. He's sweet too...

now if I can just figure out how to attach the dang water bottle to his cage and get the door to close without ruining the whole thing : P

Buy another hamster! I always feel bad when people buy one animal that has to be kept in a cage. I feel like they get lonely haha.

I would... but my brothers had 2 hamsters in a cage once and they fought and it wasn't pretty.

from Hamster Hideout
7. Hamsters are solitary
Hamsters are solitary animals and will fight if you house more than one in a cage. You should follow the one-hamster-one-cage rule. Some species, such as the Russian Campbell dwarf hamsters, can live cordially together. However there are many exceptions to the rule and you should always be prepared to buy a cage if you notice fighting.
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

RachelDldy wrote:
kLafied wrote:
RachelDldy wrote:
I heard about a ferret eating a baby's toes once... freaked me out. I know any animal could do this, but it's stuck with me

I went to the petstore tonight and the rabbits were cute but not interested in me. The guinea pigs were mean to each other! One was kinda cute, but eh.

So I got a short-haired hamster... he was huddled in the corner by himself... SO cute. He's sweet too...

now if I can just figure out how to attach the dang water bottle to his cage and get the door to close without ruining the whole thing : P

I would... but my brothers had 2 hamsters in a cage once and they fought and it wasn't pretty.

from Hamster Hideout
7. Hamsters are solitary
Hamsters are solitary animals and will fight if you house more than one in a cage. You should follow the one-hamster-one-cage rule. Some species, such as the Russian Campbell dwarf hamsters, can live cordially together. However there are many exceptions to the rule and you should always be prepared to buy a cage if you notice fighting.

Oh, well as long as they like being alone then it's okay Very Happy

plicka527
Golly, Poster

Chinchilla

i know its late but o well Cool

RachelDldy
Sea Post King

plicka527 wrote:
Chinchilla

i know its late but o well Cool

What the heck?

haha
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

chinchilla.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jonthewallflower
Laughing Citizen

nevernever wrote:

chinchilla.

i hadn't noticed the arms...but before that...it was quite furby-esque...

johnip
Vintage Newbie

My sister had a furby... all it did was sleep no matter how often you woke it up.
Laughing Citizen

johnip wrote:
My sister had a furby... all it did was sleep no matter how often you woke it up.

Mine wouldn't stop talking so we had to put him in a drawer.

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Somebody on here had a really cute hedgehog. Prairie dogs used to be thought of as good pets but I think they're illegal now cause they're too disease ridden. Ferrets are good, about the same as a cat except the females die if they aren't fixed and don't mate, something I found out the hard way. Crying or Very sad Never trust a book called "Everything About Ferrets!" Evil or Very Mad
I know it was ultimately my fault but you would think a book titled that would give out that crucial information.

Birds are fun and are affectionate too. Kind of messy but oh well.

Hey what about a monkey or ape?! You like monkeys don't you? Sure you do. Who doesn't right, right? You can put a little hat on him, give him a cigar, teach him to ride a tricycle, catch feces he throws and stuff.
No? Hamsters are cute, they eat their young sometimes though.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Last edited by Nowhere Man on Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
kiko
Golly, Poster

i'm not allowed a pet at the moment because my parents are going to move soon, and i should probably be starting to look for somewhere to live...

so my two pets that i have are my pepper plants, things just die on me so have been left to plants for the moment.

smile Very Happy

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>