Laughing City

so what length do you chick-peeps prefer on your head?
short (bob - chin-length or shorter)
22%
 22%  [ 13 ]
medium (shoulder length)
35%
 35%  [ 20 ]
long (past shoulders)
42%
 42%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 57

dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

i get so bored waiting for my hair to grow out, so it usually is a bob. the longest i've ever had it is a bob.

this summer i'm gonna go for a pixie with bleached white hair.

mister_mime
Golly, Poster

dont_panic wrote:
i get so bored waiting for my hair to grow out, so it usually is a bob. the longest i've ever had it is a bob.

this summer i'm gonna go for a pixie with bleached white hair.

nice, I want pictures.

lately I'm restless with my hair. I want to do something with the color, but I'm too scared to dye it. errrr. I don't know what to do.

Catey
Lost at Forum

I used to have hair just past my chest but I got bored so cut it off to above my shoulders, 3 years on its down to mid-chest again but I'm getting tired of it. I need to find something exciting to do with it but I don't like short hair and I already have a fringe that I sweep.

For something so important, I spend a whole lot of time being bored with the colour and style of my hair.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
owlswithknees
Sea Post King

Right now, my hair is similar to a bob because I was getting tired of the previous length. I've always managed to have to short hair since I'm not a big fan of having a longer length.

http://northwindshore.blogspot.com/
Joined: 16 Mar 2006 | Posts: 109 | Location: Minneaoplis, Minnesota
Sara89
Golly, Poster

I've been cutting my hair short for about 3 years. I have super curly hair and I feel like I look like a cave woman when it's past my shoulders. Plus, it's a total b(*%$ to take care of when it's long. Right now it's down to my earlobes and I like it that way. It's kind of uneven now since I've been cutting it myself to get rid of leftover highlights from a hair color restoration. I haven't had my natural hair color in over a year and I'm sick of it.
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

I wish this thread was about the musical Hair.
Golly, Poster

Mooncutter wrote:
I'm sort of obligated to keep my hair well past my shoulders. Cutting curly hair short is absolutely NOT a good idea, though it'd be loads easier to manage.

I'm the same way. Short curly hair can be disastrous and I have to pull my hair back for work so I can't really have it shorter than shoulder length.
fueledbyjessica
Sea Post King

my hair used to be very long, but about three years ago i went to a pixie cut and the longest its been since then was a bit past my shoulders. long hair drags me down, short hair is so much better for me. im thinking about getting a little length to it though, just to see. who knows, ill probably get sick of waiting and cut it all off again, thats how it usually goes.
"Baby, breakdown, go ahead and give it to me, breakdown honey, take me through the night, breakdown, now im standin' here, you cant see, breakdown, its all right, its all right..." - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 | Posts: 257 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas
RachelDldy
Sea Post King

fueledbyjessica wrote:
my hair used to be very long, but about three years ago i went to a pixie cut and the longest its been since then was a bit past my shoulders. long hair drags me down, short hair is so much better for me. im thinking about getting a little length to it though, just to see. who knows, ill probably get sick of waiting and cut it all off again, thats how it usually goes.

Sweet.

The waiting is the hard part... I haven't been able to wait it out in about 5 years.
soupey
Sea Post King

My hair's a lot like Chauntelle's, a little curlier, and it looks terrible short because the curls get all weird. I've gotta keep it long and loose. I wish I had straight enough hair to have cool bangs or some funky pixie cut though, they're my favorite kinds of haircuts.
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I've had long hair pretty much my entire life. When I would go to my hairdresser to get my bangs trimmed, he ended up cutting my hair shorter and shorter. When I realized what he was doing, I said stop! and from then on I've been growing it out again. I love having long hair, but with lots of layers.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sings in the Morning
Sea Post King

I've had long hair forever. I've almost always had it well past my shoulders, and I love having it long. Last fall I had my mom cut it so it was about 1" below my shoulders, and now it's almost as long as it was last summer. I'm gonna see if I can grow it out so it reaches my waist and then cut it short, with bangs, just to see how I like it. Smile

-----------------------------------------

God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.
--Jim Elliot

------------------------------------------

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
-- Helen Keller
RachelDldy
Sea Post King

guitargirl wrote:
I've had long hair pretty much my entire life. When I would go to my hairdresser to get my bangs trimmed, he ended up cutting my hair shorter and shorter. When I realized what he was doing, I said stop! and from then on I've been growing it out again. I love having long hair, but with lots of layers.

It seems like some hairdressers just love to chop off the hair.
Penelope
Sea Post King

ghost in the snow wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
I'm sort of obligated to keep my hair well past my shoulders. Cutting curly hair short is absolutely NOT a good idea, though it'd be loads easier to manage.

I'm the same way. Short curly hair can be disastrous and I have to pull my hair back for work so I can't really have it shorter than shoulder length.

I actually took a stand against my hair. I cut off 17 inches to donate for locks of love. My head felt so much lighter. I saw the pics of the little girl with my hair- so adorable and totally worth it. I have such thick curly hair, i thinned it and cut it in a bob. One of my best looks according to my husband, and he liked my long hair. So curly heads out there, if you are going to do it- go all out (with a professional) and let your family know in advance. I surprised mine and they freaked.
SweetSilverLining
Sea Post King

I've wanted my hair long for quite some time, but I usually get antsy and get it cut mid-length. Lately, though, I've managed to exercise restraint and have gone from a short bob to just below my shoulders. Yay! Very Happy
Joined: 18 Nov 2006 | Posts: 21 | Location: Spread out on my Southern Californian lawn basking in the warmth of the sun.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>