Laughing City
Ein
Sea Post King

Eisley's show last night in Nashville was beautiful. Eisley is one of my favorite bands to see over and over again. One nice thing about last night was that I was actually right up on the stage, just a few feet away from Stacy. From this proximity my friends and I noticed that Garron did not smile the entire length of the show. In fact, it often looked as if he was about to burst into tears right there on stage. My friends and I were rather curious as to why he looked so, distressed. Fast forward to about 20 minutes after our ears were blessed with epic beauty. We were chilling behind the venue, and who should appear but Garron DuPree. We built up the courage to go talk to him. Praise and congratulations on an excellent show were given. As soon as the pleasantries were exchanged, my friend asked, "How come you never smile on stage?" Garron replied with rather humorously, that he wasn't too good at multi-tasking and it takes him alot of concentration. But sometimes he'll smile when he sees someone funny in the audience, such as a goth girl in a Slipnot jacket with her arms tightly folded, not enjoying herself at all (he is very lively and impersonates with large gestures, crossing his arms tightly and making a funny face) or a guy with really long hair dancing around (once again imitates, this time spreading his arms out and wiggling his body) singing all the words. We then proceeded to take a picture, where he put on the biggest smile he could muster. We continued to talk about this and that, eventualy parting.
As I write this, I realize that its kind of one of those "you had to be there" moments. I was surprised by Garron, he was very lively and humurous, from his appearances on stage I've always expected him to be quiet and shy. He's pretty bangin'.
Last edited by Ein on Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
norad
Vintage Newbie

Ein wrote:
But sometimes he'll smile when he sees someone funny in the audience, such as a goth girl in a Slipnot jacket with her arms tightly folded, not enjoying herself at all (he is very lively and impersonates with large gestures, crossing his arms tightly and making a funny face)

Hah. I think that was someone at the Lawrence show. I remember Shawn saying he saw a Slipnot fan as well. Garron imitated her too and said how he was trying really hard not to crack up at her. He also imitated the drunk girls' dancing skillz.

I think Garron usually looks unhappy and bored on stage. Laughing But he's super nice and fun to talk to after the show!
lazerbith
Sea Post King

jon was sorta like that too. must be a bass player thing.
the boy is probably tired people! you go live in a bus for awhile! Smile
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

wow, das quite a big ol' cheesy grin he has got going on!

when i met Garron it was funny.

i was just standing next to him waiting with the large masses of folk, and so i was just like, "hi" *laugh* and he did the same. talk about a conversation! ha.

that wasn't funny at all now that i read it.
hahaha. oh well.

it was just awkward. all the meetings, actually. i guess it's all due to the fact that people were throwing themselves (literally) at the band and you are just jammed up in their faces.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

at a show in Ventura a while ago, I was trying to find Boyd to give him this coffee mug I got for him (I know, i'm crazed)

anyways...

I saw Garron and was like "where is your dad?"
he was really confused.
"oh...you mean my uncle?"

i was torn between feeling stupid for forgetting that small detail, and glad I could pretend I didn't really know. I don't know if that makes sense, but either way, he was nice about it.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
Pantalaimon
Sea Post King

that's a really cute story! i met Garron once and we talked about his hat and yes he was really friendly :]
Clark
Vintage Newbie

I thought you said "We continued to talk about this and that, eventualy partying"

Sweet, I knew that's how Garron rolled.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Catey
Lost at Forum

...It's Slipknot btw.

Garron is by far the best band member to meet. When the band came over in 2006 supporting TBS, I asked him before the show if I could get a setlist and after their set when I shouted his name, he brought me one and gave my friend the special drawing Adam Lazzara had done for Weston. Not many people would do that but he was rad.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
ks1990
Lost at Forum

haha, lmao @ Garron trying hard not to burst into laughter Laughing . They all seem so nice to talk to after shows!
But Garron does get that quite alot, about not smiling and stuff. Personally, I'd find it kinda annoying, some people just aren't that smiley!
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

Clark wrote:
I thought you said "We continued to talk about this and that, eventualy partying"

Sweet, I knew that's how Garron rolled.

Laughing