Laughing City
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Question

I'm submitting a review for our local online Music magazine (http://www.playbackstl.com) and before it gets posted I wanted to see if the video and single for Invasion got any play out there, as I wasn't aware of it making too much of a splash around St. Louis. Reason being, I assert in the article that despite this there was still a positive draw to the show here, and a very enthusiastic (by St. Louis Standards) crowd. Just wanted to make sure Missouri isn't in a black hole in the midwest and everyone else had the single in high rotation where they were at. Thanks.
Wink

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I have never heard a single Eisley song on the radio here, in the Milwaukee market.
ElDan
Sea Post King

In the BFE market of Augusta, GA/Aiken, SC, I too have never heard Eisley.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I've never heard Eisley on non-college radio in southwest Missouri, California, or Tennessee. Way to be, WB.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chichen02

I'm flying to St. Louis ONE WEEK FROM TODAY to visit my brother and his wife for a week. Less than 24 hours after I finish finals hehe. Can you tell I'm excited? Razz

The radio stations here will play Eisley on occasion, but usually only if someone calls up and requests it.
 |  | 
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Haven't heard them on the radio in the Orlando area. I did see the TE video on the Disney channel once a couple years ago!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I hear about them on non-college radio now and then. They get some play in Dallas, but that's home base. I haven't heard about it much lately ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

my cousin heard Invasion on the radio the night Eisley played in Lawrence, KS while they were on tour with MuteMath.

96.5 The Buzz!

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

They were a VH1 you oughta know back around Room Noises time, and I saw Telescope during Nocturnal Emission, their graveyard shift where they only play Videos, and usually ones that get little to no play in their top 20, but this album cycle it seems all the networks (Fuse, VH1 and Mtv) play fewer, and less videos in rotation that ever.
A DJ (who once served as music editor for our biggest A & E mag in town) on our local Public Radiostation played a couple of songs off Marvelous Things in 04'. Needless to say, I seldom am sold on a band after one tune/ video, but get the impression that I like many, heard enough from one track to take a leap of faith on Eisley. Maybe our tastes are just that good?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Music_Lover wrote:
my cousin heard Invasion on the radio the night Eisley played in Lawrence, KS while they were on tour with MuteMath.

96.5 The Buzz!

I've heard Invasion on that station once back in August/September.

The only time I've seen them on tv was during the Telescope Eyes era. They were on The N about once an hour and on MTV2 at least once or twice a week in the morning. (not counting You Hear it Now and Advanced Warning.)
ync
Golly, Poster

i found out about eisley with their marvelous things video playing on fuse

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

I've never heard Eisley on the radio or seen anything about them on TV, though I rarely listen to the radio or watch music channels.
superhits
Sea Post King

I've never heard them on the radio but I've seen telescope eyes on tv and possibly marvelous things? i saw invasion on fuse once.