Laughing City

Out of the Three Bands Touring with Eisley, Which is Your Favorite?
The Envy Corps
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Vedera
54%
 54%  [ 13 ]
The Myriad
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

fernster
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Saellys wrote:
The Envy Corps. I have no desire to check the other two out.

You might actually like Vedera. Being a female vocalist, I would think you might like to hear other female vocalists. i know I do...it challenges me.

Kim, what do mean by "challenges me"

as a vocalist. i like to be inspired to push myself further.

well a swift kick in the u know where usually works for me!!!

where do u sing? and do have any recordings of your voice i would love to hear u sing!! I bet u sing in the church choir??? Are u a soprano?? Alto? mezzo soprano!

haha! I'm the worship leader (10 yrs.), at the church we have attended for 13 years, The Vineyard Church of Tyler.
I would classify myself as a 1st Alto. My range is not real high, (like Sherri's, or real low...maybe a bit lower than what Christie can go).

I knew it!!!! What do u guys sing, Hymnals and such or contemporary ?

We do Hymns every once in a while, but mostly I search high and low for songs from any modern worship artist. I would try to list them, but it would take too long.

thats cool! Very Happy Very Happy I still think u need to come to SF and hang with me and other eisley fans. maybe some day.

fernster
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Saellys wrote:

You might actually like Vedera. Being a female vocalist, I would think you might like to hear other female vocalists. i know I do...it challenges me.

where do u sing? and do have any recordings of your voice i would love to hear u sing!! I bet u sing in the church choir??? Are u a soprano?? Alto? mezzo soprano!

haha! I'm the worship leader (10 yrs.), at the church we have attended for 13 years, The Vineyard Church of Tyler.
I would classify myself as a 1st Alto. My range is not real high, (like Sherri's, or real low...maybe a bit lower than what Christie can go).

We do Hymns every once in a while, but mostly I search high and low for songs from any modern worship artist. I would try to list them, but it would take too long.

Hmmmm. Do u guys have any electric guitar in your band? and do u play any songs from U2 and others from that genre?

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Kim, I think you should on tour with Eisley next time and sing a song with them. Very Happy That'd be amazing.
Jared x
Lost at Forum

I concur. She and Christie could go up and sing something. Share that beautiful opening for ICBTFY with Stacy, maybe.

If there was even a chance of that happening, I would totally show up to that show with a t-shirt that said "Kim is boss."

OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

[quote="Jared x"]I concur. She and Christie could go up and sing something. Share that beautiful opening for ICBTFY with Stacy, maybe.

That is actually a good idea. Okay, Kim, Christy, you now have a job to do! T-shirts for everyone! Woot.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Heard Vedera and Myriad before the show, looked up Envy Corps on myspace and heard them the day before.

Like Vedera most, cause their sound is a combo of a lot of stuff I like already. The first cd is very good and really comes to life live, they are awesome, and ironically, they are signed to Epic, which is a good way to describe their songs, but it can be overwhelming...

Like Envy Corps after that, their music online didn't really move me as much cause it didn't have the urgency and energy that they conveyed onstage. Vocals were way down in the mix, but the groove was solid throughout, they really warmed the crowd up.

Myriad is a close third, they are probably the most cerebral of all the groups, and make the kind of music that is good for sitting down and vibing to. They pulled it off live very well, but there's maybe a touch too much mood compared to the other bands in this line-up. If they toured with Mutemath or Lovedrug it would be a great fit.

That's my take. Suprised to see people so harsh on here though. This is the first tour sans Coldplay or Mute Math, where there were multiple acts on a bill with Eisley I'd want to see.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

That's nice and extensive of you. Smile
ElDan
Sea Post King

Loved the Envy Corps. They sounded great live, and the EP they were selling was great, as well.

Vedera was pretty good. I liked them better live than on CD, on the three-song single they were giving away, the songs sound a little too polished, live they seemed more like a late-90's alt-rock band (a la The Sundays or That Dog. or something like that).

I didn't care for The Myriad. The first half of their set sounded like they picked songs from the best of Radiohead and changed things up enough to not get sued. They got better, or at least more original-sounding, in the second half of their set, but it just wasn't doing it for me.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Kylee Janai wrote:
Kim, I think you should on tour with Eisley next time and sing a song with them. Very Happy That'd be amazing.

Trust me...I know my place...I'm ain't no Billy Rae Sirus looking for a stage!
My daughter's talent blows me out of the water...I'd much rather watch them. Smile
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
fernster wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Hmmmm. Do u guys have any electric guitar in your band? and do u play any songs from U2 and others from that genre?

We have a full band with electric guitar, but as of yet, we haven't done the U2 thing. I know of churches that have done that successfully though.
OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

Eh, you guys could pull it off. haha
norad
Vintage Newbie

Kim = the new Bono.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I probably shouldn't answer being I haven't seen their sets, but recorded: I LOVE the Envy Corps, then it seems like I will like the Myriad, then Verdera. I'm really excited for the Envy Corps show which means that my opinion of the other two can only go up! Smile
norad
Vintage Newbie

Mystic210 wrote:
I probably shouldn't answer being I haven't seen their sets, but recorded: I LOVE the Envy Corps, then it seems like I will like the Myriad, then Verdera. I'm really excited for the Envy Corps show which means that my opinion of the other two can only go up! Smile

What show are you going to?
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

patrock wrote:
Mystic210 wrote:

What show are you going to?

Pittsburgh....so this week! SO excited. I was just about to make a new thread about it, you know one of those annoying "who's going?!?!?!!" threads. Smile