Laughing City
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

Weezer did it when they toured with Foo Fighters for "Undone". One time Rivers just picked Dave Grohl. There's some YouTube vids for proof. It was awesome.

As for Eisley, I'd only be able to contribute some sweet falsetto harmony, or some awkward "woo!" at silent parts.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
Lynn
Golly, Poster

Bryan Adams called on a girl from the audience to sing with him "Back to You" (in fact, he said he called on someone to sing with him every time he played that song live). Well, it wasn't very nice cause he chose a girl who didn't know English(even though she said that she worked as translator or something and that she knew the lyrics...it turned out she didn't quite so well as expected) and her singing was... Anyway, at least her behavior on stage was alright. Could have been worse.

I guess Eisley could do that on some songs though - TrolleyWood for example. Or maybe for vocals on some other songs, I don't know. But they might not want to do that cause is probably not very nice for them choosing between their fans. Besides, they can never know(they will but it'll be too late) if the one they choose actually sings well and so on.

Edit: Actually it would probably be best if they ask the whole audience to sing along(like they did on I Wasn't Prepared on one show). In most cases it sounds great(they won't spot the worst singer in the whole audience), they don't have to choose, and everybody haves fun Smile
Last edited by Lynn on Sun May 04, 2008 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

I think that this is a pretty good idea. It's a cool way for them to interact with the audience a bit.
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

Or they could get a group of people to sing the end of Come Clean with them. You know, like the part (on the album) where the entire band is singing?
Lynn
Golly, Poster

Good idea, except that it would be kind of strange to call on the in the beginning of the song and make them wait till their part comes. Or just call on them in the middle of the song... I still think that asking the whole audience to sing along is best Wink
ElDan
Sea Post King

One thing I thought was weird when I saw them on the acoustic tour, they had the backing track for "Trolley Wood" with the finger snaps, it might be easier for them to simply have the audience snap along with them. Then again, snapping your fingers gets old really quickly.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

My friend Spencer got to sing on stage with Ben Folds when Ben forgot the words to one of his songs. Personally, for a band like Eisley, I like Lynn's idea of getting gang vocals during songs, or a revival of what they did for Trolleywood on The Final Noise with the opening bands.
Vintage Newbie

Heck yeah! Pull me up stage!
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

this is really lame, but I sang a duet with Clay Aiken during one of his concerts, and i always thought it would be majorly cool if Eisley did something similar.

he just had people audition before the show, and his bodyguard dude picked out the best person.

i think if I sang harmony with stacy or sherri i'd be able to die happy, for sure.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

I have the snaps and claps DOWN for Trolley Wood.

Hit me up, Eisley.
sootandstars
Sea Post King

it would be cool but most people are there to see the band, but who knows what people will like
Look each other in the eye
LadyJaneGrey
Sea Post King

nevernever wrote:
i think if I sang harmony with stacy or sherri i'd be able to die happy, for sure.

That's what I think would be cool. If the person didn't play an instrument, they could sing. Smile It could be extremely amusing or actually be good, and either way it would be entertaining.

A Christian band named Audio Adrenaline always has people get on stage to dance and sing to a song called Beautiful. They also have someone sing the final word ("House") to a song called Big House. It's always hysterical because rarely can they actually hit the notes. Laughing

dear_departed
Sea Post King

I went to a Weezer concert a few years ago when they were on tour with Foo Fighters. Weezer had a guy come up and play "Undone". They let him keep the guitar and stuff.

I was so jealous.

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

that'd be so cool, but i think if they did, they should do the audition thing. cause then it'd wouldn't be who they liked best, but who actually had talent, no offense, and it would still be fun and cool, but the idea for fans to sing the ending of come clean would be awesome.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
magiugacire
Sea Post King

Man if Weston is sick, I can totally fill in!